Credit is due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit is due

I am not one to get involved with all this Sexton stuff. And this has been mentioned before, but I think it is worth another mention after these most recent coaching searches. Say what you want about Eric Sexton. I think he is a poor speaker, seems awkward. But he deserves credit for keeping Marshall. Relationship with an AD is extremely important, and Sexton has Marshall to the point that he will not leave unless he gets blown out of the water.

A ton of the credit for that goes directly to us, people on this board, that support with money, and butts in seats. But Sexton certain deserves some of it. He has Marshall happy at WSU. And that makes for a great basketball program, and a great athletic department.

Thank you, Eric!

SEXXTTOOOOOONNN!!!!!

Comment

He looks pretty good in comparison to the Missouri AD today.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        He looks pretty good in comparison to the Missouri AD today.
        Oh hell yes....
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
          I am not one to get involved with all this Sexton stuff. And this has been mentioned before, but I think it is worth another mention after these most recent coaching searches. Say what you want about Eric Sexton. I think he is a poor speaker, seems awkward. But he deserves credit for keeping Marshall. Relationship with an AD is extremely important, and Sexton has Marshall to the point that he will not leave unless he gets blown out of the water.

A ton of the credit for that goes directly to us, people on this board, that support with money, and butts in seats. But Sexton certain deserves some of it. He has Marshall happy at WSU. And that makes for a great basketball program, and a great athletic department.

Thank you, Eric!
          The fact that Eric is a behind-the-scenes guy without a super-charismatic personality and without a big ego to match has always been much more of a positive than a negative. Eric knows how to let the coaches be the stars and the focus of attention. AD's who get in trouble are usually exciting personalities who start seeing themselves as the most important person in the department. I'll take a hard-working but low-key Eric Sexton over a rah-rah personality AD any day of the week.
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Just ... keep ... the ... jet ... fueled.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Thank you, Eric!
              I'm not a big donor, just a fan, but at three different sports, he has said hello to me...not because it's me, whom he does not know, but I think that's his nature. The way he works, I guess....

Comment

I like Eric, I think he is a behind the scenes type of guy who whats the focus to be on the Players and Coaches. He wants the stars to grab the headlines and he seems to keep all the coaches in all the sports pretty happy. Marshall likes his situation here, he knows he has a good thing going. He's a smart man...

Comment

Ok, cue the ABC 'jump on the bandwagon' response and this post will be complete.

Amazing how happy people, especially when they are REALLY happy, want to heap praise even when it isn't justified.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

And then there's a sourpuss in every crowd...

ShockRef on Sexton sounds like DU on Stephenson. Fun, fun, fun.

Comment

Well he certainly hasnt done anything to screw things up...Jim Schaus left him with a good athletic department...all he really has to do is not screw it up..so I applaud him for that...we will see how the baseball program turns out in the next 5 years...but as a whole I think he has steered the ship without any bumps along the way

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                        Ok, cue the ABC 'jump on the bandwagon' response and this post will be complete.

Amazing how happy people, especially when they are REALLY happy, want to heap praise even when it isn't justified.

That is all.
                        How, in God's name, does he not deserve the praise? Don't stop by with your smart-ass remarks and not actually make an argument. I can 100% guarantee he would be getting a TON of blame, were Marshall to leave.

How high up on Sexton's to-do list is keeping Marshall happy? Isn't that #1? He has done it. You could argue that it is easy... I would disagree. But at least it is an argument.

STFU. That is all.

Comment

I can't imagine how tough it would be to be the "boss" of a group of type "A" personalities (coaches) and keeping them all happy. This is not to say they are all happy all of the time but we don't see an exodus of our coaches moving on to greener pastures. JS did a great job at WSU and left a nice legacy for ES to manage but even JS wasn't able to solve every problem by hiring the right coach. He also permitted GS to create his own fiefdom which caused problems after he left which we will see if ES has made the right hire. ES is not the public speaker that JS was but few are. Count me as being happy at the moment but then again its all any of us can count on because no one is promised anything beyond right now.

Comment

How, in God's name, does he not deserve the praise? Don't stop by with your smart-ass remarks and not actually make an argument. I can 100% guarantee he would be getting a TON of blame, were Marshall to leave.

How high up on Sexton's to-do list is keeping Marshall happy? Isn't that #1? He has done it. You could argue that it is easy... I would disagree. But at least it is an argument.

STFU. That is all.
                            Thanks for chiming in Mrs. Sexton.

HCGM staying put and continuing to drive the race car is all about his (and family) being content with the current situation. Just because your guy is on the pit crew doesn't mean he had anything to do with the outcome.

And no, if he moved on to another position, I would not blame your buddy. Quite simply, if and when the time comes, HCGM will move on no matter what. He (and his family) alone will make that decision.

Actually, the only person who would or could possibly have some influence owns a large corporation in town.
                            Remember that little tidbit, Sparky.

That is all.
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Did sexton pee in your fruit loops when you were little? Your "sexton is an incompetent man who can do no right" shtick is old. The pit boss may not drive the car, but he makes important decisions for the driver that the driver probably doesn't see. And the little know it all fanboy in the stands certainly doesn't know the convo between the pit boss and the driver, but he sure likes to run his mouth.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X