No history
    Nice academics

23-2 Overall 14-1 in the Valley

Ranked 16th and 18th in the polls

9th in RPI

Discuss...

T

...8)

It's more surprising to me than anything that's every happened in the Valley in my lifetime.

They are like the Kurt Warner of College Basketball, but more Kurt Warner-ey because Kurt Warner didn't suck for 30 years straight.

I'm genuinely happy for the valleytalkers that have supported Drake no matter what.

Anyone know much their attendance has gone up at what was formerly know as The Nap Center?

Comment

Every squirrel can find a nut once in a while?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Every squirrel can find a nut once in a while?
        ... actually a blind one! :D
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A stitch in time saves nine.

Comment

Team effort, I know that sounds cliche but that's the only thing I can come up with. I keep thinking to myself, there is no way they can win that game, but somehow they always do. They don't have the best players, I think that their coach is a good coach, they just play well together. My hat's off to them this year.

Comment

If it wasn't for Drake, the Valley would really be sucking this year. Here's hoping they lose only one more season game before St. Louie.

Comment

Apparently, they do have players and they do have coaches. Which means the other "no"s in the original post aren't all that important to attain a year of success.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  Apparently, they do have players and they do have coaches. Which means the other "no"s in the original post aren't all that important to attain a year of success.
                  Agreed, I would say that in spite of "the other "no"s" this team continues to win. They have something and its very right.

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

They have veteran players and stability in the coaching staff while the rest of the Valeyy has lost star players, star coaching, or both.

the Valley was standing in a line and all of the teams stepped backwards except Drake and the Redbirds

Wè will have to see how they do at the dance to get the true measure of their team and the Valley for that matter.

Having said that; GO DRAKE, GO SHOX, GO VALLEY!!!

:posterwsu:
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Butler game this Sat. will be VERY interesting...Hope Drake kicks butt

Comment

Josh Young, Jonathan Cox, Leonard Houston, Klayton Korver, Adam Emmenecker, etc. seem like pretty good players to me. Would WSU accept Josh Young as a player this year?
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

DU got really, really lucky with walkons and have parlayed that into an awful lof of good fortune this year, fortune that I think they have earned.

Emmemmecker might be the first walk on POY ever.

Bucky is (was) a walkon as well (pretty sure about that). Korver has been essentially useless until the WSU game here.

No arguing the talent of Young, he's a big time player.

Their team is almost the perfect storm this year. After 30 seasons, they certainly deserved some of that and those kids have really worked hard.

HOWEVER, their program is still a joke and I would fully expect a return to a Thursday game for them next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                            Josh Young, Jonathan Cox, Leonard Houston, Klayton Korver, Adam Emmenecker, etc. seem like pretty good players to me. Would WSU accept Josh Young as a player this year?
                            Who wouldn't WSU accept this year?

Comment

I forgot to add:

No money

Ponder these two words for a moment:

Drake walkon

How athletically and skillfully challenged would one have to be.. to be classified as such out of highschool?

T

...8)

Comment

Working...
                              X