Which Season was the BETTER season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    The goal is a national championship. So my answer is always the one that got you closer to that goal. Last year's Final Four run hands down, no question for me.
    Another way to look at it is which will be more difficult to duplicate. 35-1 or a loss in the Semi-Finals. We were pretty damn close to having our cake and eating too this year. If Fred's shot goes in, who knows.

Comment

Has to be this season. Last year was a lot of fun and had a near perfect ending, but nothing can compare to this season. We put ourselves in a huge spotlight this year. National Exposure, national rankings, national awards, etc. There have been a few teams that make that late year run from what others call nowhere (we all on here could see it coming) but not many stick around. Look at teams like George Mason, Butler, and even last years Florida Gulf Coast. They are the toast of the tournament only to slide back into obscurity. Maybe Butler doesn't fall in that category with back to back runner-ups. We spent all year being talked about and hashed and re-hashed. With a season like this, it almost couldn't be better.

Comment

I’m curious how many of you attended last year’s Final Four? IMO, nothing compares to a Final Four experience. I’ve traveled all over the country to basketball Regionals, Super Bowl, The Masters, College World Series and 2 Final Fours; NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING compares to my Final Four experiences.

Having my team play in the Final Four is simply a dream come true. I do completely understand both arguments/perspectives, however coach Marshall said it best last year in the post-game press conference before leaving the Staples Center and returning to Wichita,

“The Mecca awaits in Atlanta.”
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The undefeated season will always be a cherished memory, but I will always take any path that leads to the Final Four.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I think this just goes to show how important the tournament is to college basketball. Good coaches can get fired for not getting to the tourney, while mediocre coaches can get their team hot for a few games and parlay that into a new gig.

As has been said, we did something that hadn't been done in 20+ years, while there will always be 4 teams in the Final 4 every year.

Yet, here we are debating which season was better.

My mind tells me that statistically this year we were the best team in college basketball for the great majority of the season, and one of the best teams in college basketball arguably going back to the undefeated UNLV team.

But my heart still feels like somehow that will get lost because we didn't make it past the first weekend.

It's Madness...
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

I like that many assess this season based on the loss in the second round and not to who we played it against. If we would have lost to a team that would have turned around and lost in the next game or two I understand the sentiment of last year's F4 being so special. However, we lost to in my mind the NC this year.. and we should have won. I know they had another tough game in Louisville and Wisconsin, but I think we do just as well as Kentucky if not better.

Personally I know we were one of the 4th best if not the best team in the country THIS YEAR. I am not going to discount every historical fact of this season and toss it aside. Last season before the tournament I wanted the MVC Championship, I wanted to kick the crap out of CU, and I wanted a few losses back. This year I want another shot at Kentucky is all.

I know some want to go tit for tat about two of the best years of our fan lives, but I cannot get over this season until we win it all.

Comment

This season was the greatest season I have ever experienced as a Shocker fan. Sure the FF was the most amazing moment but as a Shocker fan, other CBB fans gave me props and said it was a great run but a fluke. This year, it was amazing to follow the ap polls every Monday to see where we were. Dozen of national articles were written about the Shox every week. People knew what school I represented by wearing a t-shirt this year. Only people from Kansas knew about WSU in the 10 years I have lived up here in Chicago. Everyone knew this year. Some posters mentioned before how rough February was in 2013. We also had more TV exposure and as a fan living in Chicago that is VERY improtant!

I would not have been able to truthfully answer that question a week or two ago, but now I know, for sure, this is the greatest season I have experienced as a fan.
                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                X