Which Season was the BETTER season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Season was the BETTER season?

This past season or the one before it? 35-1 or 30-9? Second round exit or a Final Four? National exposure and ranked all year or only really at the end of the season? Why?

2014-15 Season will be the best.

Comment

Is what it is... a good time to be a Shocker.
      Phi Alpha

Comment

You're doing what I KNOW everyone here has done.......This question has popped up in everyone's head since the loss but avoided in your mind because it was easier to avoid the situation than deal with the PAIN of that loss.

Comment

Better season? 35-1, no question. Better result? Final Four, no question. I'll take the Final Four every time but 35-1 is much more impressive.

Comment

Marshall improves or makes us look better every year...so by default I have to say this season was better...he did something that has never been done before...how can you not say thats better then last season...many might disagree...but its just one mans opinion...kinda makes you wonder what more can he do next year to follow up year after year after year...:poster_wu:

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
              Marshall improves or makes us look better every year...so by default I have to say this season was better...he did something that has never been done before...how can you not say thats better then last season...many might disagree...but its just one mans opinion...kinda makes you wonder what more can he do next year to follow up year after year after year...:poster_wu:
              Here are some options in no particular order.

Play in the national title
              Win a national title
              Obtain a number 1 ranking
              Sign a 5 star recruit
              Sign the best recruiting class
              Become the winningest coach in wsu history
              Win 10 straight conference titles :)

I'm running out here. Also, I think he is capable of all of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickwayne87 View Post
                You're doing what I KNOW everyone here has done.......This question has popped up in everyone's head since the loss but avoided in your mind because it was easier to avoid the situation than deal with the PAIN of that loss.
                that hasn't entered my mind at all. two geat years back-to-back is how i see it.. with another two great years to follow. lol

Comment

We've all been thinking about this, glad someone asked. Here's my perspective: I talked with numerous friends who are die-hard Shocker fans one evening, I believe it was after 30-0. We reached the point where we decided that as long as we got to the Sweet 16, it would be a better season. That was tough to settle on; for a number 1 seed, that's still a huge let down. No way to spin that.

It's easy to say that we lost to a great team and all, but it still stings. I've loved winning so many games this year, but as I watched the Kentucky students storm into the stadium this evening, it hit me how incredible that feeling was a year ago. I'm so jealous it makes me sick. Loved this season, but Final 4 wins out, hands down.
                  "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                  Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

There isn't any doubt about it for me. This season was way better. Last year was terrible in early February. Also four teams make the Final Four every year. An undefeated regular season hardly ever happens. What this year's team accomplished was more difficult and will probably never be matched by another Shocker team ever.

Comment

What a moronic question. Of course it was this season.
                      Seasons aren't defined by their ending.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                        We've all been thinking about this, glad someone asked. Here's my perspective: I talked with numerous friends who are die-hard Shocker fans one evening, I believe it was after 30-0. We reached the point where we decided that as long as we got to the Sweet 16, it would be a better season. That was tough to settle on; for a number 1 seed, that's still a huge let down. No way to spin that.

It's easy to say that we lost to a great team and all, but it still stings. I've loved winning so many games this year, but as I watched the Kentucky students storm into the stadium this evening, it hit me how incredible that feeling was a year ago. I'm so jealous it makes me sick. Loved this season, but Final 4 wins out, hands down.
                        No thinking person was thinking this at all. This season, you know the one where they didn't lose to Evansville twice and did something that literally no one had ever done before, was the better season. The endings to both seasons sucked as we ran up against the two teams that were the absolute best in the country at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                          What a moronic question. Of course it was this season.
                          Seasons aren't defined by their ending.
                          Is that so? Because I sure as hell would think that Louisville's season would be defined as "National Champions" last year. When I think of the 2005-2006 team I don't say, "Oh yeah, I remember winning 26 games", I remember the Valley Championship and even more so, the Sweet 16. And to your other post, do you really think that in 30 years, you'll look at the 2013 Final 4 banner and think about losing to Evansville twice?

I sure won't.
                          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

If you base this on mileage and publicity, this years winning streak will far surpass our outstanding Final Four acheivement.

Put another way, every year 4 teams make the Final Four. This year we just set a National All Time NCAA Record which will no doubt eventally be broken, but it could also last for 5, 10, 25, or perhaps even 50 years as well.

And even after it is surpassed, it will still be commented on and discussed prior to the start of every annual NCAA tournament.

Comment

HCGM once said that he wants WSU to emulate the Gonzaga program. Well, I think he's since taken it to a new level. He's going to do at WSU what coach Cal did for Memphis (minus the cheating). WSU will be considered a power program in an inferior conference. So long as our coach is here, I can see us just getting better and better players and being a regular Top 10 team.

Comment

Working...
                              X