No announcement yet.

Which Season was the BETTER season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The exposure we received this year over the last 20-25 games put us in the spot light for a much longer period than last year. We were preseason ranked and climbed steadily in the polls. Last year we caught fire in the tournament and became the media darling for 2 weeks.

65 years versus never been done--last year versus this year. This year wins as I doubt this record will be broken for a LONG time.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
      Is that so? Because I sure as hell would think that Louisville's season would be defined as "National Champions" last year. When I think of the 2005-2006 team I don't say, "Oh yeah, I remember winning 26 games", I remember the Valley Championship and even more so, the Sweet 16. And to your other post, do you really think that in 30 years, you'll look at the 2013 Final 4 banner and think about losing to Evansville twice?

I sure won't.
      Calm down. Every season has it's defining feature. In 2006 it was the culmination of a long rebuilding effort and a sweet 16. The year after is was an epic tanking after a #8 ranking. In 2007 HCGM was hired, saw a recruit die right in front of him and we had 1 pg who had concussion issues and a walkon that started several games. The next year we had a great freshman class consisting of 1 nba player, a skilled 7 footer and an athletic freak.

It's all about what sticks out. This year we had a 35 game win streak. That will always stick out.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

And to your other post, do you really think that in 30 years, you'll look at the 2013 Final 4 banner and think about losing to Evansville twice?
        I sure won't.
        Yes I will, and I said as much after the 2nd Evansville loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          Yes I will, and I said as much after the 2nd Evansville loss.
          Then I truly feel sorry for you. But, to each his own.
          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            HCGM once said that he wants WSU to emulate the Gonzaga program. Well, I think he's since taken it to a new level. He's going to do at WSU what coach Cal did for Memphis (minus the cheating). WSU will be considered a power program in an inferior conference. So long as our coach is here, I can see us just getting better and better players and being a regular Top 10 team.
            I like what ya did there!

Comment

Lol
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Comment

Great to see people who share a common interest degrade each other. Thanks.
                  "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                  Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

There's no "right" answer to this, and everyone has their own opinion. But to me, the Final Four season is tops and it's not even close. The thrill of the Final Four was a lifetime dream. Drubbing sucky valley teams night after night, not so much.

Comment

im excited for next season...Marshall has Shaq and Bush to replace Ludfile and he has Kelly, Hamilton and Brown to replace Early...thats the way I see it, and basically could have similiar success as this year...if not better

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                        im excited for next season...Marshall has Shaq and Bush to replace Ludfile and he has Kelly, Hamilton and Brown to replace Early...thats the way I see it, and basically could have similiar success as this year...if not better
                        If we have a new face next year that is half as good as Early was, I'll be excited. Replacing him? Possible, but doubtful. Most likely downgrading.

Comment

ill take half of earlys offense and double his defense any day of the week...and thats not a knock of Earlys defense...just something I think fits this teams calling card really.

Comment

Both seasons were absolutely great. Last year for our unexpected excellence in the NCAA Tournament and this year for our sustained excellence throughout the year and even in our one defeat.

Last year we did something that had not been done at WSU in 50 years. This year we did something no college team has ever done. I would take a repeat of either year in a heartbeat, but clearly these two years were special and will not be easily duplicated.

The neat thing for Shocker fans is we don't have to pick which one is better. We had got to experience both of them.

Comment

These two seasons coming back to back really establishes us as a program! Next year will require another deep tourney run to continue the ride. The pundits will give no respect to our Valley foes.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

The goal is a national championship. So my answer is always the one that got you closer to that goal. Last year's Final Four run hands down, no question for me.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X