The Final Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
    @HenryMuto: which of the 4 teams on your avatar do you pull for the most?
    Kentucky is my favorite team...I live in Ohio so I also root for those 3 Ohio teams as well. Cleveland State is basically my home town team (I live 45 miles from there)

2011 was a rough one when Kentucky played Ohio State.
    2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
    2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
    2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
    2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
    The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
      Kentucky is my favorite team...I live in Ohio so I also root for those 3 Ohio teams as well. Cleveland State is basically my home town team (I live 45 miles from there)

2011 was a rough one when Kentucky played Ohio State.
      Before long, you're going to have to add a 5th team to that avatar ;)
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
        Before the game there was not many on this board that had much worry about playing Kentucky. Go back to the selection special thread and most were worried about Oklahoma State being an 8/9 and most had the response of "South Carolina" when anyone mentioned Kentucky or "Kentucky is awesome" in a mocking way. Then when it was evident you guys were going to play Kentucky the 1 guy who predicted Kentucky to win everyone else gave him all kinds of crap on the message board in the prediction thread telling him they couldn't wait to see him off the message board and how that basically guaranteed you guys the win. No one was showing any fear of Kentucky in the pregame thread but now everyone says how the committee screwed you or how this was the one team you didn't match up against. I did spend a lot of time on here saying I hated right out of the gate that you guys got a #1 and UK got a #8 and it wasn't because I thought we would beat you for sure no not at all I thought it was a 50/50 game and I thought that was unfair for you guys but of course I have homer bias rooting for UK but still I had that really bad feeling when I seen the draw because I knew 1 of us would lose and I thought you could make a Final 4 run. UK on the other hand I didn't think would make a Final Four run before the seeds came out I thought though we would be a 6 seed and when we got the 8 in your bracket I thought that just how the season fell that UK would certainly get up for that game it was the match up of the decade with how the UK talk of "40-0" before the season vs the team that could actually go "40-0" in you guys. I am happy for my team we won but will always wonder what could have been for your team if UK had been in a different region.

I find it all fascinating the talk on the board now after the game compared to before the game.
        The problem with Kentucky is...you never know what you're going to get. They have the talent to beat everyone...but could also lose to anyone. I knew this was going to be a size and talent mismatch, just hoped we got the Kentucky most saw up to our game--not the team that played great in the game itself. Will be interesting to see how they play going forward.

Comment

Working...
        X