No announcement yet.

The Final Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as we didn't get caught watching the paint dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      As long as we didn't get caught watching the paint dry.
      That is the risk with running the picket fence.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          He's certainly capable of taking over. However, and it pains me to say this as it goes with Gottleibs line of thinking, Fred struggles against big athletic guards. There's a reason he wasn't shooting well against UK....he's not used to shooting over 6'6" guards.
          You'll notice that Fred's shots usually have a higher arch to them. He probably learned that in high school shooting over taller guards and it has continued into college.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Perhaps we should have ran a play for who UK would have least expected it, Cotton and the Grown Man Dunk. :bball_spin:
            Would have really been unexpected since he threw the ball in bounds...but then again he has the hops to make it to the rim from out of bounds anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              He's certainly capable of taking over. However, and it pains me to say this as it goes with Gottleibs line of thinking, Fred struggles against big athletic guards. There's a reason he wasn't shooting well against UK....he's not used to shooting over 6'6" guards.
              C'mon, get of his back. He is the type of shooter who shoots at a very high percentage from 3 when he has an open shot. How many players are the type of one on one players who shoot well when they are tightly contested? Gottlieb said that he was a nice mid-major point guard. There are plenty of BCS point guards that can't hold a candle to his shooting ability, basketball IQ, ball handling skills and ability to handle pressure, passing ability (ability to put others in a position to be successful), defensive ability, etc.

He is not a 3 point shot creator in the ilk of Cle and Baker who were the ideal players to take that last shot but he is not what Gottlieb says he is.

Comment

We can beat ourselves over the head and debate this til we are sick to death of it.

Personally, I am just going to let it go as there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about changing the outcome of the game or second guessing what might have been.

We have had one of the MOST wonderful and exciting years of BB that we could have ever hopped for. Every Shocker fan should be so proud of this entire team to include every player, every coach, and every school official who contributed to our success.

Comment

I'm proud, happy, and pretty much over it.

However, there's fair questions and discussions going on. Hence, the message board.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If I would have told you at the beginning of the year that FVV was going to take a last second 3 vs Kentucky to send us to the S16 would you have taken it. I would have.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                      If I would have told you at the beginning of the year that FVV was going to take a last second 3 vs Kentucky to send us to the S16 would you have taken it. I would have.
                      No way. I would have known that meant the committee screwed us with an eight or nine seed against the number one overall.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        I'm proud, happy, and pretty much over it.

However, there's fair questions and discussions going on. Hence, the message board.
                        100% agree... Honestly watching that replay.. totally looks like Cle would have been wide open... They looked confused at best, and no one even close to the paint, nor with momentum toward the paint. Make me kind of sick watching it as well.

But so proud, regardless. Got a great look anyway.
                        Goo Shockers

Comment

I have watched the reply several times. I have a hard time thinking Cauley-Stein would not have gotten back and had a great chance to intercept the pass. A lob across half the court over a guy who seems to be about 8 feet tall is a long shot, at best. Even without Cauley-Stein, a lob off a sideline, halfcourt inbound would take a timing that is almost pure luck. I think I would take the decent look from three to win it. If he would have tried to throw a lob and we didn't get ANY shot, think about what this board would look like then.

Comment

I thought Early was going to the rim for the alley oop also. I've seen the Shockers play enough that during the timeout before it happened I was telling everyone around me that was going to be the exact play. The 12 year old Kentucky fan in front of me was wondering why I was telling everyone as if Calipari was going to hear me or something.

Cle started going to the basket and then popped out to the 3 point line. We got a pretty good shot and it is what it is. Nothing to complain about.
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                              Knowing everything that happened, would you guys have taken a loss in the regular season? The seasons is not as special as an undefeated one but we would have been a 2 or 3 seed with a better match up. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't, what an amazing year, just want to play the "what if? Game"!
                              Last edited by LandStander; March 26, 2014, 06:39 PM.
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

This team is in the record books because it did not lose all season long. It was literally a historic season. Just damn proud,

Comment

Working...
                                X