• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Fire up flight tracker
    nothing today from north carolina :)

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      I would hope that taking an assistant's job at Wichita State isn't a "sacrifice."
      Sacrificing the good situation and relationships with players and people at a college you like in an effort to step forward in your career? I say he's coming :)

Comment

• Was this the coach and team that had major flight delays heading to Wichita? They had to split the team up into separate commercial flights and assistants were left with sweatsuits to wear at the game. If this is correct then Coach Morton was very impressed and appreciative of all the well wishes from Shocker Nation as they struggled getting to Wichita. Whatever coach it was he said so in a tweet (without spending the time to go back and track it down).

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          Was this the coach and team that had major flight delays heading to Wichita? They had to split the team up into separate commercial flights and assistants were left with sweatsuits to wear at the game. If this is correct then Coach Morton was very impressed and appreciative of all the well wishes from Shocker Nation as they struggled getting to Wichita. Whatever coach it was he said so in a tweet (without spending the time to go back and track it down).
          This is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            Was this the coach and team that had major flight delays heading to Wichita? They had to split the team up into separate commercial flights and assistants were left with sweatsuits to wear at the game. If this is correct then Coach Morton was very impressed and appreciative of all the well wishes from Shocker Nation as they struggled getting to Wichita. Whatever coach it was he said so in a tweet (without spending the time to go back and track it down).
            i had forgotten about that. maybe, just maybe, him taking an assistant position at wsu (and the feelers are out there according to the scuttlebutt) isn't so outlandish. better him than danny ainge.

Comment

• Maybe the Ingram kid will want to come with him.

Comment

• This guy seems like someone who believes he can win regardless of the odds. Sounds like the guy who might be hiring him. Gotta love a feisty winner.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                  It prolly has no relevance towards him moving on, but his last tweet was interesting

LeVelle Moton ‏@LeVelleMoton 1m
                  You must make a short term sacrifice if you want long term success...
                  For whatever reason I read this more as he is willing to give up bigger money from a "step up" school (one of those schools that can pay but can't really play) that isn't really a good fit in order to stay at NC Central and wait for a better situation

Comment

• I think he is going to come be an assistant here and then after Marshall wins 4 National titles in a row and gets offered 20 million per season to coach the Lakers, Moton slides into our HC job.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      I think he is going to come be an assistant here and then after Marshall wins 4 National titles in a row and gets offered 20 million per season to coach the Lakers, Moton slides into our HC job.
                      I like the way you think
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Reality just few the coop. Moton will do what's best for hIm, just as Marshall will. I trust Marshall to get the very best assistant available and one that fits our program. It may take some time and I understand there are those on this board that like to speculate and can come up with some really interesting scenarios. Dream on.

Comment

• You're a little slow on the uptake, 21 -- reality flew the coop a LONG time around here.

Having said that, I'll add that it wouldn't be unheard of for a head coach at a low level to take an assistant's job at a higher one, but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath.

Comment

• There are so many dynamics that go into adding an assistant to your staff including what are the strengths of your current staff. What are the weakness? What part of the country is the current staff strong in. Where are they weak? What kind of longevity do you think you will get our of your current staff? Do you need experience, or do you want a young hustler that you can mold? Who will fit into the coaching staff the best in terms of chemistry? And I's sure many other considerations.

My guess is 3G now pretty much exactly what he wants and needs and will know it when he sees it, if he has not already zoned in on his primary targets.

It probably will be someone with good credentials, but they will probably not be considered AKC registered.

Comment

• And they'll probably even have a bachelor's degree!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                There are so many dynamics that go into adding an assistant to your staff including what are the strengths of your current staff. What are the weakness? What part of the country is the current staff strong in. Where are they weak? What kind of longevity do you think you will get our of your current staff? Do you need experience, or do you want a young hustler that you can mold? Who will fit into the coaching staff the best in terms of chemistry? And I's sure many other considerations.

My guess is 3G now pretty much exactly what he wants and needs and will know it when he sees it, if he has not already zoned in on his primary targets.

It probably will be someone with good credentials, but they will probably not be considered AKC registered.
                                If I was the executive, I would have concern about the selection of#2.

If I bring in a new coach as the #2, then how will the current assistant coaches feel about the situation. Some resentment maybe.

There could be some delicacy involved.

If Coach Moton was hired, he would have strong status and probably would be more accepted by the current assistance coaches.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X