Officials report WSU vs UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I thought that call was the deciding factor in the game. I didn't want to mention my opinion because I didn't want to create the appearance that I thought Fred cost the Shox the game.

That call, more than anything else, directly affected the outcome of the game. It took FVV off the court for extended minutes. When he was on the court, he had to play "carefully".

Too bad the officials, in their evaluation of themselves, didn't happen to notice the late-game elbow (from one of the twins) that knocked Cotton down, which was called on Cotton and gave UK two points at the line.
    I still think Ron getting elbowed on the chin should have been called. He gets the foul call and Harrison does not. May have been incidental or a basketball play, but could have produced a different outcome as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
      I still think Ron getting elbowed on the chin should have been called. He gets the foul call and Harrison does not. May have been incidental or a basketball play, but could have produced a different outcome as well.
      Not sure how everyone else feels about it, but if they called that a flagrant it would diminish a possible win and the whole game to that point... I'm glad it wasn't called...

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
        Not sure how everyone else feels about it, but if they called that a flagrant it would diminish a possible win and the whole game to that point... I'm glad it wasn't called...
        Indeed. Even live in the Arena I was hoping they wouldn't call it.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Yeah, me too. Ron was already pointing at his chin halfway through his backwards slide. I don't fault Ron for giving it the ol' college try, but I was just thinking, oh no, please don't fall for that one, refs.
          I agree with you but I was a hopin and a wishin that the referees would fall for it. But that play wasn't even close to being an F1 or F2.

Comment

Kind of like lighting FVV up with a phantom 4th foul that caused him to sit during critical minutes?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I got tired of the Harrison's dropping the shoulder into people to clear space in drives... They don't let the big guys do it, so why can guards??
              yep

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Kind of like lighting FVV up with a phantom 4th foul that caused him to sit during critical minutes?
                Actually more like a phantom goaltending call in Carbondale to hand SIU a victory over the Shockers. I don't feel good about those calls win or lose, although being on the losing side is a lot worse. Had we won on an undeserved F-1 there then that's what the focus would be. Not how good of game we otherwise played.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Actually more like a phantom goaltending call in Carbondale to hand SIU a victory over the Shockers. I don't feel good about those calls win or lose, although being on the losing side is a lot worse. Had we won on an undeserved F-1 there then that's what the focus would be. Not how good of game we otherwise played.
                  I'd take the call and ruuuuuuun!! LMAO!!

Comment

I'd take the call and ruuuuuuun!! LMAO!!
                    I could sense that. Of course, what choice would you have. Well you wouldn't have to run I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I could sense that. Of course, what choice would you have. Well you wouldn't have to run I guess.
                      If ol' Kung Wu was Baker I would have pulled a circa 1940s wrestling move and slipped the razor blade from under my shorts and gashed my own chin open as I was going all Marcus Smart on the sledge hammer of an elbow I just received. Heck I might even lay on the floor like I was out cold and then after a few seconds do some of those full body spasms like I had brain damage. I mean we're talkin' Sweet 16 or no Sweet 16. I'll take "Sweet 16" for $1000, Alex. And let the Kentucky fans stew about the bad call, while we whip up on Louisville.
                      Last edited by Kung Wu; March 25, 2014, 08:24 PM.

Comment

If ol' Kung Wu was Baker I would have pulled a crica 1940s wrestling move and slipped the razor blade from under my shorts and gashed my own chin open as I was going all Marcus Smart on the sledge hammer of an elbow I just received. Heck I might even lay on the floor like I was out cold and then after a few seconds do some of those full body spasms like I had brain damage. I mean we're talkin' Sweet 16 or no Sweet 16. I'll take "Sweet 16" for $1000, Alex. And let the Kentucky fans stew about the bad call, while we whip up on Louisville.
                        Yeah, I can understand that.

Comment

Good video breakdown of the Xs and Os as well as some notable referee misses:
                          SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE: http://bit.ly/1cuEOsnEVEN MORE ON WEBSITE: http://bit.ly/1j86IjoWe're not a channel, we're a conversation. Join in below!LIKE on Faceb...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                            Good video breakdown of the Xs and Os as well as some notable referee misses:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8v9JkdEF3g
                            Well, that was all good until the end. Coach Hoiberg???? See how UK does against even better teams??? Go suck an egg.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                              Sure is interesting to see how people re-act to adversity. Last year my Ohio State team lost to your Wichita State team. Be nice to go back and see how I re-acted and what I said on that about the loss I suffered.
                              First off every time you say my ____ team I roll my eyes.
                              Second, I hate ever ref and every call they make ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                                First off every time you say my ____ team I roll my eyes.
                                Second, I hate ever ref and every call they make ever.
                                This again?

Comment

Working...
                                X