Officials report WSU vs UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
    I just want to know if @ShockRef thinks there should have been a flagrant foul call on the elbow to Baker in the final seconds.
    If it was, and it was called, you'd have defenders throwing their faces into the elbows of shooters to draw flagrants. It was a weak attempt by Harrison to draw a shooting foul (throw up a shot just past half-court, up one with 10+ seconds remaining? Sorry, I'm just not buying it man), but no way was that ever going to be called a flagrant.

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
      I can answer that for you:

"No.

That is all."

He's predictable. And lame. And atrocious. And I hope he quits ShockerNet forever.
      Terribly, TERRIBLY unfair. You might disagree with a stance he takes, but his baseline of information far exceeds most on this board. Even when I think I'm right and he's wrong, he's usually right.

Simply not a fair assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        The officiating mechanics of our crew were far superior to the mechanics of the KU-Stanford game.

LaMont Simpson during the KU-Stanfordgame had the worst out of bounds call, mechanics wise, I think I've ever see. He was the center official and the baseline (lead) official had the OB call. Lead didn't know what the call was and looked towards center for help. Lamont shrugs his shoulder potentially indicating he didn't see the play then turned around and took a few steps then turned back around and gave the ball to stanford seemingly out of the blue. If he had the call the whole time he should never of shrugged his shoulder. hard to take him credible after that.
        At the end of the day you have to give it to somebody. If none of the officials saw it, one of them has to man up and make the decision right or wrong. Fortunately that's a rare situation.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          If it was, and it was called, you'd have defenders throwing their faces into the elbows of shooters to draw flagrants. It was a weak attempt by Harrison to draw a shooting foul (throw up a shot just past half-court, up one with 10+ seconds remaining? Sorry, I'm just not buying it man), but no way was that ever going to be called a flagrant.
          I haven't had a chance to watch the replay, but I had a pretty good live angle at it, and while I appreciate the effort under the circumstances, I laughed a little at Ron.

Comment

There was a no call on a late jumper by Early that I thought was really bad. I haven't gone back to watch it in order to see if it was just a bad camera angle tho.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              At the end of the day you have to give it to somebody. If none of the officials saw it, one of them has to man up and make the decision right or wrong. Fortunately that's a rare situation.
              No, it should be called a jump ball. Which was actually called by Mike Stuart in our game when apparantly none of the officials had a view of whether it went out of bounds or not.

I'm not saying that the official in the KU-Stan game didn't have a view of the call and that he didn't have the right call but his mechanics should have been better.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I haven't had a chance to watch the replay, but I had a pretty good live angle at it, and while I appreciate the effort under the circumstances, I laughed a little at Ron.
                Yeah, me too. Ron was already pointing at his chin halfway through his backwards slide. I don't fault Ron for giving it the ol' college try, but I was just thinking, oh no, please don't fall for that one, refs.

Comment

In fairness to Ron he has gotten punched in the face A LOT this season so I wasn't surprised he made a point out of it. I've noticed most players have learned that if their face gets touched to go down and at least force a review. I saw less contact than what Ron had get called an F1 in this tourney (and more contact not called)> Personally I liked the rule last year -- contact = F1. I don't like leaving it up to the refs to make judgement calls.

The two wtf calls I really didn't understand at the time were the back to back whistles on Evan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                    The two wtf calls I really didn't understand at the time were the back to back whistles on Evan.
                    I've concluded officials just hate Evan Wessel.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Ron will make a lot of money playing basketball as long as he stays healthy, but when his career comes to an end, he has a future in acting. Or maybe salesmanship. Of course, he's ad a lot of practice getting whacked in the head, so he's on the lookout for it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                        I think they heard he was this year's Jake White. We know the calls Jake got last year.

Comment

Sure is interesting to see how people re-act to adversity. Last year my Ohio State team lost to your Wichita State team. Be nice to go back and see how I re-acted and what I said on that about the loss I suffered.
                          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                            I've concluded officials just hate Evan Wessel.
                            The referees are Whistle Wraiths beholden to Sauron and Wessel is a Hobbit. So it only makes sense.

Comment

My take...

I rarely, if ever, really get to be a fan. Therefore, even when I'm watching a game, I'm watching the officials.

I was being a fan right after the game ended. I was urinated off due to knowing I was watching an unbelievable season come to a sudden end (I already had my bag packed and ready to head to Indy on Friday. After all, it's only 2 hours away!).

The crew, as the observer noted, did a good job. I will let his game report speak for me too.

Did they miss some calls?
                              Sure did and I noted each and every one.

I was particularly urinated off regarding the 2 calls on FVV. They were missed and had a direct impact on the game.
                              I immediately noted Reed didn't get down the floor in time (a particular issue with me) and the other when Early pushed the player before FVV made contact.

However, in no way was there an F1 with Baker at the end of the game. It was a nice try, but not even close.
                              You have to admire Baker though. He is the consummate thinking man's player - always aware, always evaluating.

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                                You have to admire Baker though. He is the consummate thinking man's player - always aware, always evaluating.
                                Not to mention the fact that he may lead the nation in being on the receiving end of F1's. Hard to beat experience. But your absolutely right, it just wasn't even close to being there on that play.

Comment

Working...
                                X