Officials report WSU vs UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officials report WSU vs UK

http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/showthread.php?110149-Kentucky-vs-Wichita-State-Officials-Report-NCAA-Tournament&p=1227745#post1227745

F
    ound this interesting, now you know what calls were missed
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Very interesting read. Gives some perspective on the calls missed on our players as well as the opponent. Glad to see the charge on Fred during that fast break was bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Very interesting read. Gives some perspective on the calls missed on our players as well as the opponent. Glad to see the charge on Fred during that fast break was bogus.
      I thought that call was the deciding factor in the game. I didn't want to mention my opinion because I didn't want to create the appearance that I thought Fred cost the Shox the game.

That call, more than anything else, directly affected the outcome of the game. It took FVV off the court for extended minutes. When he was on the court, he had to play "carefully".

Too bad the officials, in their evaluation of themselves, didn't happen to notice the late-game elbow (from one of the twins) that knocked Cotton down, which was called on Cotton and gave UK two points at the line.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        ...Too bad the officials, in their evaluation of themselves, didn't happen to notice the late-game elbow (from one of the twins) that knocked Cotton down, which was called on Cotton and gave UK two points at the line.
        Too bad indeed. If only our guys could make free throws. All in all I am very proud Shocker.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I disagree with this statement "Both teams played hard, the coaches coached hard, and for the most part, you did your job and allowed the teams to decide the outcome." No they let UK shove our players all over the place without making calls and yet never missed a chance to call fouls when we were physical. Our guys got gun shy after several quick whistles on our team, so no, they didnt let both teams decide the outcome completely.

Comment

I just want to know if @ShockRef: thinks there should have been a flagrant foul call on the elbow to Baker in the final seconds.
            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

I can answer that for you:

"No.

That is all."

He's predictable. And lame. And atrocious. And I hope he quits ShockerNet forever.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                I just want to know if @ShockRef thinks there should have been a flagrant foul call on the elbow to Baker in the final seconds.
                Can't speak for @ShockRef: but I sure didn't think it was a flagrant foul.

Comment

ShockRef stated after the game that WSU got "Fu****" by officiating.

I thought it was good. Gaffney was probably the worst official by far.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    That call, more than anything else, directly affected the outcome of the game. It took FVV off the court for extended minutes. When he was on the court, he had to play "carefully"
                    Yeah, it was bogus. More than that he looked really shaken up after that play. I wonder if he had a concussion?

Comment

The officiating mechanics of our crew were far superior to the mechanics of the KU-Stanford game.

LaMont Simpson during the KU-Stanfordgame had the worst out of bounds call, mechanics wise, I think I've ever see. He was the center official and the baseline (lead) official had the OB call. Lead didn't know what the call was and looked towards center for help. Lamont shrugs his shoulder potentially indicating he didn't see the play then turned around and took a few steps then turned back around and gave the ball to stanford seemingly out of the blue. If he had the call the whole time he should never of shrugged his shoulder. hard to take him credible after that.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                        I can answer that for you:

"No.

That is all."
                        On this I agree. The play looked incidental and there were actual fouls that were missed, including the forearm throat chop (drama added) that were blatantly missed. Regardless, we missed our chance at the line and wide open layups and even a dunk.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I felt harrison was pushing off on Fred all game. Was/is he a superior athlete/PG maybe. But i felt Fred more than held his own

Comment

I got tired of the Harrison's dropping the shoulder into people to clear space in drives... They don't let the big guys do it, so why can guards??

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                              On this I agree. The play looked incidental
                              I do agree that other "foolishness" wasn't called but I can't believe this was incidental contact. He was being forced out of bounds by Ron and Harrison raised his arms up to draw contact with his elbow. What was Harrison doing that was incidental? Shooting the ball? He was behind the half court line. To me, it looked like he thought he was going to be fouled immediately, instead, Ron played good d and was forcing Harrison out of bounds. The young freshman got flustered and intentionally drew contact, with his elbow. But of course I didn't have the benefit of replay and I was very emotional when that play happened... so I'm probably dead wrong, but dammit I felt like the refs should have taken a longer look!
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X