This thread is not about KU...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    Not minor at all. It's interesting how the allure of posting in anonymity turns some into what I call keyboard cowards. There is no real and consistent accountability when it comes to having a discussion on this fan board without throwing out offensive statements or personal insults. I have been goaded into it on occasion, but overall I get tired of the same crowd spouting off the same rhetoric. If some of the same discussions happen face-to-face in the real world like they happen here, the jails would be even more over crowded with violent criminals.

Now, back at City Hall were Batman and the Joker are facing off in the episode called "You're a puzzie if you really thing that."
    goaded into it? lol please. you're one of the leaders of it.

violent crime, hunh? yeah, that sounds like you.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Maybe I'm just getting tired and soft in my middle-age years but I don't have the tolerance for that kind of hate and in-fighting anymore. It's not even fun to bash Creighton (yes, you can gasp in horror now). Why bother when I can just come here and watch Shocker fans bash each other to the point of threads being started by metaphorically blood-thirsty spectators to encourage it. It's exhausting and thoroughly unenjoyable to the point I'm considering becoming a part-time lurker.
      It was like the "Hunger Games" of college basketball forums! Even I had to go all "Kentucky waterfall" on the UK troll, though I retracted that post due to it being stupid and tacky. Darn it.

Oh well ... may the odds be ever in your favor!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        Royal, I've always appreciated your comments. I hope that I haven't added too much to your frustrations with the board. I did come to the realization that my back-and-forths with Fever often entertained me at other's expense. I always felt like he escalated comments and drove conversations into eternal debates by being untruthful and constantly changing the subject, but at the same time, I fully admit that I pursued him down those rabbit trails at times when I should have just let him go.

Shockernet is a funny thing to me. I get much of my WSU info here while simultaneously using it as an outlet for my general facination with debating people. I'm a weird nerdy stat guy who likes sports and likes debating them. Weird combination, I know. I'll try to consider others a little more moving forward. No promises that I won't have future detailed debates, I'll just try to space them out a little more.
        Jamar, I apologize. You intent probably should have been obvious to me, but it wasn't. I think your contrarian nature made your original post much more suspect than it should have been, and for other reasons already stated. I think your contrarian points bring good things to the discussion, whether I agree with it or not. (Oh did you know KU was playing @ Temple next year. : ) )

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          The unfortunate reality is the "positive" phog posts copy and pasted in this thread by JH4P are one-starred to death on their forum, while the most ridiculous, irrational, WSU hate-fest posts are five star-ed out the ying-yang.

Tells you all you need to know.
          We all have a pretty good idea which subset of Phognetters 1-Star anything positive about WSU.
          Besides, anyone with more than a 3-star rating is not a man's man, but a political wimp. I like my 1-stars on the Phog.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
            goaded into it? lol please. you're one of the leaders of it.

violent crime, hunh? yeah, that sounds like you.
            Proof!!!

Comment

you do know I have you on ignore, right, tough guy?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                you do know I have you on ignore, right, tough guy?
                My guess is thin skin keyboard cowards like you do.

Because I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, if I'm on ignore (I'm flattered by the way) why would respond to or about me?

Go back to your glass house bud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  I would be in favor of not being anonymous.
                  Holy crap, I wouldn't. You guys would run me out of Wichita.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So would I. My personality here isn't any different than real life. I'm just a bit abrasive :). But I wouldn't make that jump unless at least some of the other posters agreed to as well.

Comment

The best site I participate requires positive identification. It is an unbelievably effective community that has significant civil debates, informative threads, and entertainment.

It happens to be aviation related - www.beechtalk.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                        Sometimes you just can't win.
                        For you, it's never.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

And he can't help himself.....

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                            And he can't help himself.....
                            proshox meet mirror.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I keep from responding or commenting on your witch hunts 99% of the time, but you are correct. every once in a while I can't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                                I keep from responding or commenting on your witch hunts 99% of the time, but you are correct. every once in a while I can't help myself.
                                Witch hunts?

LMFAO.

Good one. You sure got me there.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X