This thread is not about KU...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is not about KU...

I repeat... This thread is not about KU. I stole comments from KU's message board during our game with Kentucky, but this isn't about KU. This is about the respect and interest that WSU gained yesterday. Just read the following quotes taken directly from KU's board and think about how many thousands, make that millions, more were posted or talked about by fans around the country. Ignore the trolls. They are loud and try to appear to be the majority. The fact is that most of the country came away impressed with our Shox yesterday and the game was a gigantic commercial that money could not buy.

The end of the season was sad, but that feeling will slowly fade and I'll be smiling the rest of my life about this season and even this game.

Read on for just a small sample of what "that evil fanbase up North" was saying during the game yesterday.

Go Shox - JH4P

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vanfleet can play some D!

Now that we are out, I hope WSU makes a deep run as they are one of the best teams in America, not a group of players that wear the same colors like UK.

Van Vleet... WOW!

Van vleet is an absolute stud

wow WSU looks like a well coached team the total opposite of us. Attacking UK bigs and running in transition. With no Embiid they would kick our asses.

I'll fess up, WSU would kick our ass.

WSU is really good. This game is being played at a much higher level than KU v. Stanford.

I know Marshall is the Phog's favorite whipping boy, but if our kids played with half the fire and intensity that the shockers do they would be hard to beat. Clearly Marshall is a good coach and has his kids ready to play.

WSU would destroy us. They have chemistry, energy, and everyone knows their roles.

u can hate Gregg Marshall and the WSU fanbase all you want (and I do most of the time), but you have to love the way this team plays basketball. Smart, aggressive, and abuses the other teams' weaknesses. They don't sit back and let the other team dictate tempo. If we had Van Vleet as our point guard, we'd be freaking unstoppable.

Let's count our blessings that a Tharpe vs. Van Vleet matchup never materialized.

Total opposite of how we played today. Our game was played at such a low level compared to this one. Tharpe isn't even in the same universe as Van Vleet. Damn I wish we had him on our team.

WSU not pissing down their leg against a big time program and bright lights

VAN VLEET... my goodness

Van Vleet is a fuggin animal

This team might not be overrated.

Whether they win or lose this game, I think they have proven in one half that they are legit.

I have a new man-crush.

At best, we have two players that would start for WSU.

Van vleet is just awesome.

Cleanthony knows how to finish in traffic. Wiggins should take note.

Say what you will about Ggreggg Marshallll, but the guy is a hell of a coach. When he takes about things that aren't Xs and Os he sounds pretty silly, but this team is so crisp and sound both offensively and defensively. I really like watching this team. Also, they are way closer to UK in terms of athleticism than anyone is willing to admit. I'm not convinced that they aren't the more athletic team, to be honest.

One thing about WSU, they're fluid and a FUN team to watch. A lot of times this year, even with a win, watching our games from an entertainment standpoint seemed almost equivalent to doing my taxes.

The Shockers would roll us. My goodness they can win it all.

Ron freaking Baker.

Baker = huge balls

Baker's a stud. Love watching him play.

Ron Baker has moxie. Something our guards sorely lack.

This is a tremendous game.

This IS an awesome game.

Damn this game is amazing

WSU showing some big onions

This game is a classic. By far the best basketball i have seen in the tourney this year.

This makes our game look like the junior varsity matchup

I went to Phog to watch the meltdown after their loss with glee, saw the forum on our game and was shocked at the same comments posted above. I also thought their criticisms of their team were fair and most posters' big picture view of their program were balanced.

Doesn't change the fact that I hate the Wal-Mart KU fan and that we need a regular matchup.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      I repeat... This thread is not about KU. I stole comments from KU's message board during our game with Kentucky, but this isn't about KU. This is about the respect and interest that WSU gained yesterday. Just read the following quotes taken directly from KU's board and think about how many thousands, make that millions, more were posted or talked about by fans around the country. Ignore the trolls. They are loud and try to appear to be the majority. The fact is that most of the country came away impressed with our Shox yesterday and the game was a gigantic commercial that money could not buy.

The end of the season was sad, but that feeling will slowly fade and I'll be smiling the rest of my life about this season and even this game.

Read on for just a small sample of what "that evil fanbase up North" was saying during the game yesterday.

Go Shox - JH4P

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vanfleet can play some D!

Now that we are out, I hope WSU makes a deep run as they are one of the best teams in America, not a group of players that wear the same colors like UK.

Van Vleet... WOW!

Van vleet is an absolute stud

wow WSU looks like a well coached team the total opposite of us. Attacking UK bigs and running in transition. With no Embiid they would kick our asses.

I'll fess up, WSU would kick our ass.

WSU is really good. This game is being played at a much higher level than KU v. Stanford.

I know Marshall is the Phog's favorite whipping boy, but if our kids played with half the fire and intensity that the shockers do they would be hard to beat. Clearly Marshall is a good coach and has his kids ready to play.

WSU would destroy us. They have chemistry, energy, and everyone knows their roles.

u can hate Gregg Marshall and the WSU fanbase all you want (and I do most of the time), but you have to love the way this team plays basketball. Smart, aggressive, and abuses the other teams' weaknesses. They don't sit back and let the other team dictate tempo. If we had Van Vleet as our point guard, we'd be freaking unstoppable.

Let's count our blessings that a Tharpe vs. Van Vleet matchup never materialized.

Total opposite of how we played today. Our game was played at such a low level compared to this one. Tharpe isn't even in the same universe as Van Vleet. Damn I wish we had him on our team.

WSU not pissing down their leg against a big time program and bright lights

VAN VLEET... my goodness

Van Vleet is a fuggin animal

This team might not be overrated.

Whether they win or lose this game, I think they have proven in one half that they are legit.

I have a new man-crush.

At best, we have two players that would start for WSU.

Van vleet is just awesome.

Cleanthony knows how to finish in traffic. Wiggins should take note.

Say what you will about Ggreggg Marshallll, but the guy is a hell of a coach. When he takes about things that aren't Xs and Os he sounds pretty silly, but this team is so crisp and sound both offensively and defensively. I really like watching this team. Also, they are way closer to UK in terms of athleticism than anyone is willing to admit. I'm not convinced that they aren't the more athletic team, to be honest.

One thing about WSU, they're fluid and a FUN team to watch. A lot of times this year, even with a win, watching our games from an entertainment standpoint seemed almost equivalent to doing my taxes.

The Shockers would roll us. My goodness they can win it all.

Ron freaking Baker.

Baker = huge balls

Baker's a stud. Love watching him play.

Ron Baker has moxie. Something our guards sorely lack.

This is a tremendous game.

This IS an awesome game.

Damn this game is amazing

WSU showing some big onions

This game is a classic. By far the best basketball i have seen in the tourney this year.

This makes our game look like the junior varsity matchup
      Well done JH4P...your work might even impress your 3rd cousin twice removed Fev.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        Well done JH4P...your work might even impress your 3rd cousin twice removed Fev.
        Cousin? No, they're brothers. It would explain a lot.

Comment

Here is what the first KU fan said to me today as soon as he seen me about our game. "You guys played a very good game. If anybody watched the WSU game and that does not understand how good a team the Shockers are, shame on them!!!!!!!"
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

People who "know" basketball = Great respect for the Shockers!!!
            People who don't know basketball = Simply...dumbasses.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

That's fantastic, and I'm sure that scored you some big points with your BCS friends.

Shall we cherry pick all the negative things in one long post as well?

Comment

I just want to thank the posters on this board for doing the work to help me work through this day. This is priceless therapy today. This thread helps. I wanted so badly for our fellas to get to prove who we really are. We know it. Now many more people know it. Damn October is a long way away!

Comment

sounds like you made a bunch of mistakes yesterday. i'm not sure why you'd go over to the Phog. the negative Karma you generated likely cost us our game.

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  I went to Phog to watch the meltdown after their loss with glee, saw the forum on our game and was shocked at the same comments posted above. I also thought their criticisms of their team were fair and most posters' big picture view of their program were balanced.

Doesn't change the fact that I hate the Wal-Mart KU fan and that we need a regular matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    That's fantastic, and I'm sure that scored you some big points with your BCS friends.

Is it still not about KU if you did?
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                      Cousin? No, they're brothers. It would explain a lot.
                      I bet the whiskey and popcorn were flowing over for Mom when she put them in timeout together.

Comment

Our Shocks for at least the past 2 years have demanded respect with our game on the floor at a National level to an all time high IMO. We will also be very solid again next Season as this trend continues. This deserved respect goes far beyond what KU fans think and the best is yet to come.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Hey Doc, could you have found a more troll-like way of turning a straightforward, positive thread into something controversial due to your dislike of the author?

You are better than that. Stop it.

Comment

And here are some more....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a fantastic basketball game. Refreshing change from the abomination that preceded it.

Wow hell of a game. Kentucky playing their best game of the year and down 3....WSU good. not saying they will win, but they are top 5.

I'll give WSU credit here. I didn't think they'd be able to hang with UK this long unless their defense shut down UK. WSU is actually scoring fine, which is pretty impressive.

Early = Stud!

One thing to know about Early. When he gets hot, he is unstoppable

Very impressed with the way WSU is responding here.

This game is fukcing awesome.

How is Early not projected to be a 1st-round pick? He's 6'8, athletic, and can flat stroke it.

Is there anyone who still thinks Ron Baker wouldn't play big minutes at KU?

Comment

Here's some I found:

Doug McDoormatt is a sasquatch

Wow, WSU is in Washington!?

dddduuuuuhhhhhh

Somebody fetch a cry towel for Vitale.

i like donuts

Gottlieb and ******* had a baby and they named it Lucifer

"No fair! This bracket is STACKED!" -Jabari Parker
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X