So many little things....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
    I have a DeLorean_DMC-12 do you wanna meet me at the twin pines mall tonight? I have a idea
    Sounds good but let's think bigger than one game.....let's make sure we grab a sports almanac for the trip

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
      I may not understand what you mean. I think CBB meant in the tournament.
      But really... even if he didnt, I think it's pretty clear the UK team we saw yesterday is not the same team Florida saw three times this season. It's not even the team Florida saw in the SEC title game.
      The question for those rooting for UK is what team will show this coming week. If it's the team that showed up for the Shocks then UK will be terribly difficult to beat. If not, then Shocker fans may be left trying to figure out why the monster had to wake up against our Shocks before going back to sleep.

It doesn't seem like this Kentucky team has been able to sustain a high level of play for very long this season. Will they be able to do it now. Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 25, 2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

that three-pointer that uk hit to end the first half was huge for them.

Comment

The ball was off Wichita State at the 4:11 mark after the missed FT by Kentucky when it was 69-65.
          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            The question for those rooting or UK is what team will show this coming week. If it's the team that showed up for the Shocks then UK will be terribly difficult to beat. If not, then Shocker fans may be left trying to figure out why the monster had to wake up against our Shocks before going back to sleep.

It doesn't seem like this Kentucky team has been able to sustain a high level of play for very long this season. Will they be able to do it now. Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.
            Even though Kentucky beat Louisville earlier this season I certainly have my doubts on if they can come close to duplicating the game they played vs Wichita State.
            I remember going into that first Kentucky vs Louisville game I was very confident that Kentucky would beat Louisville being at home and I just thought Kentucky was the better team at that time. I really thought Kentucky despite their early season struggles would end up being a dominating team and I really thought Louisville wasn't going to be anywhere near as good as last year at that time.
            Kentucky went on to the win and it wasn't really that difficult of a win not much worry throughout that game but now the way Louisville has played and how Kentucky never really seemed to figure it out until the last few games I am very worried about this game.
            I think Kentucky is a 5 point underdog or something like that and if there is something us Kentucky fan's never want to have happen is losing to Louisville in the tournament. I would rather have lost to you guys then lose to Louisville even if that meant going 1 less round father.
            2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
            2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
            2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
            2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
            The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

This thread is kind of a waste of time. Change any one play or call during the course of the game and everything that comes after that would be different. In what way different I have no idea (nor does anyone else). So the only thing I would change if I could would be to have Fred's final three point attempt to go in.

I could certainly live with the difference in the aftermath of that change.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                THIS IS BS!!!

THIS TEAM PLAYED AN A+ GAME AND NO ONE CAN SAY DIFFERENT!!!

THIS TEAM LOST TO A TEAM WITH SEVEN FUTURE NBA PLAYERS - HAD THE BEST RECRUITING CLASS EVER, THE PRESEASON #1, THE TEAM THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE 40-0 - BY ONE EFFING SHOT!!!

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO DOWNGRADE THE WAY THIS TEAM PLAYED!!!
                Have you gone mad? Where did I downgrade our performance? Are you seriously that sensitive to think an A- is me disparaging the boys performance? A freakin' A-!!!!! The boys did not play a perfect game, they committed errors at key moments that could have kept Kentucky at arms length. How can that be disputed? No team plays a perfect game, never seen it, it will never happen. So get off your high horse you sensitive little *****!

Kentucky only won because they overachieved and to a degree, got some questionable calls. They were not the better team. Coming into the game, Kentucky's season FG average was 44 percent. They shot 54 percent for the game. Their 3PT FG percentage coming into the game was 32 percent. They shot 44 percent against us. Their FT percentage was 68. They shot 72 percent against us. They overachieved in every sense of the word. Due to Kentucky playing at such an inordinately high level, the onus for us to limit mistakes that would hurt us at the key points in the game was paramount.

Would it have been better had I said we needed our A+ game but instead played our A game? Would that microscopic variance made all the difference? I'm sorry your delicate sensibilities has caused your blood pressure to rise.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  Have you gone mad? Where did I downgrade our performance? Are you seriously that sensitive to think an A- is me disparaging the boys performance? A freakin' A-!!!!! The boys did not play a perfect game, they committed errors at key moments that could have kept Kentucky at arms length. How can that be disputed? No team plays a perfect game, never seen it, it will never happen. So get off your high horse you sensitive little *****!

Kentucky only won because they overachieved and to a degree, got some questionable calls. They were not the better team. Coming into the game, Kentucky's season FG average was 44 percent. They shot 54 percent for the game. Their 3PT FG percentage coming into the game was 32 percent. They shot 44 percent against us. Their FT percentage was 68. They shot 72 percent against us. They overachieved in every sense of the word. Due to Kentucky playing at such an inordinately high level, the onus for us to limit mistakes that would hurt us at the key points in the game was paramount.

Would it have been better had I said we needed our A+ game but instead played our A game? Would that microscopic variance made all the difference? I'm sorry your delicate sensibilities has caused your blood pressure to rise.
                  It appears I am not alone in my thoughts towards your post and that most everyone else on here agrees with me.

Want proof? Go back to our original posts and see who has most support. I'll save you the trouble, it's not you.

I could give two $hit$ what you think about me, but your shtick and attitude towards this program and WSU athletics as a whole is tired. You are like our own local ******* or Gottlieb, only not as good or well known, which I guess is a good thing. I am surprised HCGM hasn't called you out by name yet.

This was one of the greatest NCAA games every played. That's not my opinion, that is basketball peoples opinions. To discredit them, even in the slightest, is ludicrous. I, along with everyone else, will remember this game and season as something truly historic. Something like this may not happen again for a very long time, if ever. So i apologize if I take a slight against this team, that has represent this university and this city so beautifully, a little personally.

So please, go back to whatever hole, rock, or bridge you crawled out from and take your self-impossed ban like a man. Unfortunately, and I think I speak for everyone when I say this, we all know it will not happen. So I guess we will have to keep putting up with you till the end of time. I don't know what one of us did in a past life to have to put up with this torture, but it must have been REALLY bad.
                  The Assman

Comment

Working...
                  X