No announcement yet.

Proud to be a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granted, if the team won in St. Louis they will deserve it, but winners usually produce all the time, not just when they 'gear up' for a tourney.

It would be like betting on a 40-1 shot in a horse race. Until this team learns how to close out a game, they won't be able to win in St. Louis.

And I have to put part of that responsibility for closing out a game back on the Coach's shoulders.

Comment

From a descending order of importance this has been a most disappointing season for:

1. All our players who gave their all and got injured
      2. The players who are still playing and are still giving their all
      3. Our coach and his staff
      4. Our AD
      5. Anyone even remotely associated with the team to include the waterboy
      6. And finally the fans

And as shockernet fans we can be most proud because there isn't a single player (except maybe Matt) we haven't chastised, blamed, ridiculed, called out, and persecuted for their failings.

Many of you are probably too young to have even heard of the superb comic strip "POGO" which ran from 1948 to 1975. It is most remembered for one tremendous line:

"WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND HE IS US"

This can be viewed at:

http://www.igopogo.com/we_have_met.htm>[/img]

Comment

I just want to say that there are no degrees to fandom - certainly not to be based on the number of years you have on a message board, or in other cases, how long your "family" has had season tickets. You're either a fan, or you're not. Some people are not fans this season. Maybe in a year or two they will be again. Welcome them with open arms when they return.

If the Shocks are able to win 4 games in St. Louis, more power to them. I'm rooting for the near-impossible, I have to as a fan of this program and the guys involved - I only want the best for them. 8) :goshocks:

Comment

Cold, I didn't mind your ranting so much when MT left, but your off base with this. Hind sight, I wished MT had left after the S16 season. At least the new coach would have had a experienced squad that had played together and probably done as much or more than where we ended up at the end of the year. Then, if a coach like GM had brought in a recruiting class for the following year like the one we have coming in next season, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Comment

Cold;

Over and over again, you whine about how this season is pitiful, the coaches are second-rate and this season is the worst in Shocker basketball history. We get it. We know you're not happy and we know you could do a better job if you were in charge of the basketball program. But why do you even continue to watch the team this season if it makes you so mad that you must rant and rave about it for 1,000 words on a message board? After a loss, do you excitedly run to your version of Microsoft Word to begin yet another drawn out proclamation about how much you want this season to be over, how little you think of the players (incoming and current) and how the coaching staff doesn't get anything right? It's almost like you are rooting for a loss just so you can craft another long, drawn out post to irritate everyone here. I have a suggestion: Take the rest of the basketball season off. You're going to get carpal tunnel syndrome from all the time you'll spend at the keyboard in these remaining few weeks.

:good:
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
              Cold;

Over and over again, you whine about how this season is pitiful, the coaches are second-rate and this season is the worst in Shocker basketball history. We get it. We know you're not happy and we know you could do a better job if you were in charge of the basketball program. But why do you even continue to watch the team this season if it makes you so mad that you must rant and rave about it for 1,000 words on a message board? After a loss, do you excitedly run to your version of Microsoft Word to begin yet another drawn out proclamation about how much you want this season to be over, how little you think of the players (incoming and current) and how the coaching staff doesn't get anything right? It's almost like you are rooting for a loss just so you can craft another long, drawn out post to irritate everyone here. I have a suggestion: Take the rest of the basketball season off. You're going to get carpal tunnel syndrome from all the time you'll spend at the keyboard in these remaining few weeks.

:yes: :yes:

Comment

Cold

Cold, there used to be a guy like you sitting next to me at the games. I won't mention the section I sit in, but I finally got so tired of listening to his constant barrage of negativsm at the games that I let him have it, particularly after he started criticizing the coaching staff. And, this was a guy with gray hair, too, so one would think he knew something about basketball. After that, he never showed up at the games anymore, and it made such an improvement to the enviornment in our section.

Comment

Re: Cold

Originally posted by xazshox
                  Cold, there used to be a guy like you sitting next to me at the games. I won't mention the section I sit in, but I finally got so tired of listening to his constant barrage of negativsm at the games that I let him have it, particularly after he started criticizing the coaching staff. And, this was a guy with gray hair, too, so one would think he knew something about basketball. After that, he never showed up at the games anymore, and it made such an improvement to the enviornment in our section.
                  hey man i applaud you for that!!!
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Cold;

Not a bad hack job at fictional composition but I wouldn't quit your day job.

But why do you even continue to watch the team this season
                    Would you believe me if I said I don't?

T

...8)

Comment

Re: Cold

Originally posted by xazshox
                      Pull your head out before you type, it makes thinking clearer. You know what they say about ASSumptions don't you? When I go to basketball games I am the most positive person around. When people come to the games with me and get negative I tell them to knock it off. I cheer louder and longer than anyone around me.

Nice jab though.. hopefully it made you feel better! :good:

T

...8)

Comment

my thing is, at times this season, it really doesn't look like our guys have tried. PJ is just now in the past few games starting to really play like he can play. I think maybe, just maybe, the Shox are finally starting to fit their way into what HCGM wants to do. I do believe that Evansville game was a big wake-up call. Anything is possible, maybe the guys could win 4 in 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded

T

...8)
                          You must at least pay attention, because you rarely show up here after a win. "Doom and Gloom" doesn't really work when everyone is in a good mood though, does it?
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

T

...8)
                            You must at least pay attention, because you rarely show up here after a win. "Doom and Gloom" doesn't really work when everyone is in a good mood though, does it?
                            Do you really think I get off on the Shocker's losing? I am the biggest Shocker supporter that has ever lived (slight exaggeration). I am not an HCGM supporter, I am not a Wendell Praedom supporter, I am a Wichita State University supporter. I support the institution and all those that bring it glory. My only crime is that I sometimes take the games too seriously..

I believe that HCGM is the right man for the job and our current situation is a mixture of things, but no matter what happens, I will always bleed black and gold in a fierce way.

T

...8)

Comment

Cold... drink up some of that Black and Gold that you're bleedin' , it will help.

Comment

T

...8)
                                Do you really think I get off on the Shocker's losing? I am the biggest Shocker supporter that has ever lived (slight exaggeration). I am not an HCGM supporter, I am not a Wendell Praedom supporter, I am a Wichita State University supporter. I support the institution and all those that bring it glory. My only crime is that I sometimes take the games too seriously..

I believe that HCGM is the right man for the job and our current situation is a mixture of things, but no matter what happens, I will always bleed black and gold in a fierce way.

T

...8)
                                Finally an answer where I don't have to guess at the true meaning. I understand your position now and I'll stop questioning everything you post. :good:
                                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X