Proud to be a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Ummm.. the last thing I want to see is us get humiliated on CBS by a one or two seed. I'm praying EVERY night for a one-and-done in St. Louis. This season needs to be done...

T

...8)
    I agree. There's nothing worse than to see a team in the tourney that back-doored their way into the Field of 64 with a losing record due to lucking out in their conference tourney.

Everyone knows they don't deserve to be there and then prove it by getting slammed by 40 points.

Comment

Cold reminds me of the Missouri State fans of this year.. they are rooting for their team's season to be over as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
        Ummm.. the last thing I want to see is us get humiliated on CBS by a one or two seed. I'm praying EVERY night for a one-and-done in St. Louis. This season needs to be done...

T

...8)
        I agree. There's nothing worse than to see a team in the tourney that back-doored their way into the Field of 64 with a losing record due to lucking out in their conference tourney.

Everyone knows they don't deserve to be there and then prove it by getting slammed by 40 points.

KC, you're getting better with age but you are wrong here, at least in part. It's bad when a team that can't get an at large tears through their conference and then gets beat in their tourney and gets shut out of the dance. You arguement sounds an awful lot like a bcs homers arguement. Why even allow the also-rans a shot? Coming out of the Valley, even as a last place team, is not the same as teams you are thinking about.

It is a moot point anyway because there is no chance our bodies would ever hold up to win 4 games in 4 days. We are just too thin.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Friend, the odds are against us. Whether our problem is talent, intellect, motivation, chemistry, positional problems, coaching staff learning curves, injuries, stamina, aim, it just isn't in the cards this year. This team is like a dog howling in the ditch just begging to be shot.

For me the 2007-2008 Shocker Men's Basketball Team will forever be remembered by me as the ultimate instrument of pain. They have owned me in ways I didn't think were possible...

T

...8)
          Well, dammit, Cold, that's just sucks for you. I'm really flippin sorry you have been inconvenienced this season. You've shown an awful lot of heart so far and deserve a better result. My heart goes out to you.....I really hope you can manage to get through this rough period. I know many of the others here are pulling for you!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
          It's difficult to sit by and watch such epic proportions of failure on every level of this esteemed program. It is a travesty and a waste. This monumental waste of a year in the annals of Wichita State Basketball history needs to be over.

T

...8)
          Go talk some crap over on Valley Talk... you've literally made their year. :yahoo:
          SFL is back!

Comment

This topic is a prime example why discussions about what a "true fan" is continue to pop up.

It's pathetic for some of you to be putting your own feelings of what you see on the court ahead of those who are actually on the court, putting out the real effort.

You deserve all the criticism you get.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
              You wake up in the middle of the night replaying games over and over, and you keep hoping it's all a bad dream and your going to wake up....
              Nope. That's just the TV you left on before you went to sleep, and now the replay's on on ESPNU....

In all seriousness though, I'll bet that's happened to HCGM this year at least once.

Does anyone remember a little piece of hype about Marshall when he first showed up? The hype was that Marshall was an excellent tourney coach. If this team has anything not go up the Crap River, it will happen in St. Louis...
              Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
              Students > Alumni
              If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
              The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Friend, the odds are against us. Whether our problem is talent, intellect, motivation, chemistry, positional problems, coaching staff learning curves, injuries, stamina, aim, it just isn't in the cards this year. This team is like a dog howling in the ditch just begging to be shot.

For me the 2007-2008 Shocker Men's Basketball Team will forever be remembered by me as the ultimate instrument of pain. They have owned me in ways I didn't think were possible...

T

...8)
                Well, dammit, Cold, that's just sucks for you. I'm really flippin sorry you have been inconvenienced this season. You've shown an awful lot of heart so far and deserve a better result. My heart goes out to you.....I really hope you can manage to get through this rough period. I know many of the others here are pulling for you!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
                It's difficult to sit by and watch such epic proportions of failure on every level of this esteemed program. It is a travesty and a waste. This monumental waste of a year in the annals of Wichita State Basketball history needs to be over.

T

...8)
                Cold,

You know I respect your work and I have enjoyed the discussions that we shared over the years, but you have stepped in to it here. Please describe "failure on EVERY level of this esteemed program" with focus being on EVERY LEVEL.
                Doc,

I'm sorry but I just don't have any gas left in the tank to get into another philosophical argument about "why". Whether we win because we outplay our abilities or lose because we don't play hard enough means little to me anymore. I'm just trying to grab onto the absolutes at this point -two of which are our current conference record and the reality that we are in the shape we are in two years off a Sweet 16. Never in my wildest nightmares could I have envisioned our current condition. This year was a waste, a throwaway year. Next year will be a rebuilding year. The real sad reality for me is that while we have an apparent solid class coming in, I am hesitant to expect we will be anything better than .500 next year. Nobody coming into the program has any experience with our "highly complex" system so they will be on a "learning curve" as well. Considering the fact that not a single player developed into a better player as this year went on, I am anxious about next year... We don't have any more "well the players just suck" excuse cards in the deck...

T

...8)

Comment

AGREE

Comment

Dang Cold...

It's 11:30 on Sunday night and you're up with this crap?!?

Guess what...the system works. It worked at Winthrop, and it will work here. But it can't be implemented overnight. Need proof? Watch a game and count the number of open shots our players miss. Not just from 20 ft, but from 3 ft. In most games, any 2 of those missed shots are the difference between winning and losing.

With players made to hit shots not only from 18 ft+, but from 3 ft to 22 ft, the floor will open up and not only will the players be able to shoot from anywhere on the floor, they will also be able to fake, drive to the hole with confidence, have a 7 footer there to back them up, and support on rotating help to cover going the other way.

I guess what I'm saying is if you can't see the foundation being laid for a very bright and successful future, then you are just one of those bandwagoners that only care during winning times.

Jumping off when things are going badly is worse than jumping on when things are going well.

:wsu_posters:

s

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                      Dang Cold...

Guess what...the system works. It worked at Winthrop, and it will work here. But it can't be implemented overnight. Need proof? Watch a game and count the number of open shots our players miss. Not just from 20 ft, but from 3 ft. In most games, any 2 of those missed shots are the difference between winning and losing.

With players made to hit shots not only from 18 ft+, but from 3 ft to 22 ft, the floor will open up and not only will the players be able to shoot from anywhere on the floor, they will also be able to fake, drive to the hole with confidence, have a 7 footer there to back them up, and support on rotating help to cover going the other way.

I guess what I'm saying is if you can't see the foundation being laid for a very bright and successful future, then you are just one of those bandwagoners that only care during winning times.

Jumping off when things are going badly is worse than jumping on when things are going well.

s
                      Short-timer,

Thanks in advance for all the "words of wisdom" -thanks in advance...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                        This topic is a prime example why discussions about what a "true fan" is continue to pop up.

It's pathetic for some of you to be putting your own feelings of what you see on the court ahead of those who are actually on the court, putting out the real effort.

You deserve all the criticism you get.
                        It's such a cruel world isn't it... :roll:

T

...8)

Comment

Cold is right that this is a wasted year. We really have nothing we can build on from this year and we are placing our hopes on next year's recruiting class.

Two thoughts:

1. The real people to feel sorry for is our seniors having to go out like this.
                          2. You can't really blame this on HCGM. He had to play the hand he was dealt this year. And even then he had one or two cards taken away. Next year will really be his first year with his recruits. We all need to keep that in mind when setting our expectations for next year. I think a 4th or 5th place finish will be a "good" starting point as next year will be a rebuilding year. I am hoping the one after that will be a lot of fun!

Comment

Dang Cold...

s
                            Short-timer,

T

...8)
                            Sorry, I guess I didn't realize you had to be a member of Shockernet for 3 YEARS before you were considered knowledgeable enough to be a fan.

Man, there sure are a lot of posers at every game. I guess WSU basketball isn't as special as a lot of people thought, or else the most people ever online would be at least 10,478, not 579.

Nice response though. Definitely shows a very mature, dedicated fan that has faith in the program, its administrators and coaching staff, players, and other fans.

I say jump off, before you turn into KCShox or lawmaker. We have enough of those pessimistic, glass is 3/4 empty, rain 300 days a year people here. And they are not short-timers either.

Comment

Dang Cold...

s
                              Short-timer,

T

...8)
                              Sorry, I guess I didn't realize you had to be a member of Shockernet for 3 YEARS before you were considered knowledgeable enough to be a fan.

Man, there sure are a lot of posers at every game. I guess WSU basketball isn't as special as a lot of people thought, or else the most people ever online would be at least 10,478, not 579.

Nice response though. Definitely shows a very mature, dedicated fan that has faith in the program, its administrators and coaching staff, players, and other fans.

I say jump off, before you turn into KCShox or lawmaker. We have enough of those pessimistic, glass is 3/4 empty, rain 300 days a year people here. And they are not short-timers either.
                              3 years... lol

T

...8)

Comment

So since winning the Valley Tournament would be a waste of time and an embarrassment to the school, why don't we just tell our seniors MB, PJ, PT, HCGM, and the rest of the players to forget about St. Louis and call it a career.

WTH is with some of you people (Cold, notably, not surprisingly)?

Trust me. If they could somehow win 4 games in 4 days against teams that beat 'em during the regular season, they would deserve it.

Not that it's gonna happen, but they'd deserve it.

Why don't you just stop posting in here and paying attention to the rest of the basketball season if it's just a waste to you?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X