Proud to be a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud to be a Shocker

The last two home games especially last nights have made me really proud to be a Shocker and a Shocker fan. A week ago we were coming off a terrible performance against Evansville but yet the house was almost full, and then last night was amazing! A last place team and the place was packed!! Very few empty seats! I was very impressed. It was also the loudest i think I have heard the place this year with maybe the exception of the LSU game. Just wanted to say way to go to all the Shocker fans. Keep supporting these guys because they bust their tails out there! I cant wait for senior night to send our seniors off right!

I cannot imagine the pain this players, coaches and staff are going through right now and I am simply stunned at level at which they are competing.

Undersized, undermanned and with nothing to play for they continue to man up and put forth an effort that legends are made of.

It is imperative that we as fans continue to support these men. They haven't given up....we shouldn't either.

As HCGM said, I just have to believe that something good is going to happen to this team.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I wonder if the guys really are buying into the idea that all they have to do is when 4 in a row in St L. It is so true. Just use everything they have learned to find the glass slippers.

Comment

Ummm.. the last thing I want to see is us get humiliated on CBS by a one or two seed. I'm praying EVERY night for a one-and-done in St. Louis. This season needs to be done...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          I cannot imagine the pain this players, coaches and staff are going through right now and I am simply stunned at level at which they are competing.
          Actually I can imagine the pain.

You wake up in the middle of the night replaying games over and over, and you keep hoping it's all a bad dream and your going to wake up. Each loss eats on you, but you keep picking yourself up and keep working and fighting hoping to get over the hump and get it on track - because that's what winners and fighters do.

Somewhere down the line (whether it's next year team or some future profession) you remember the pain of this event and you use it make you more determined to never experience it again.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Ummm.. the last thing I want to see is us get humiliated on CBS by a one or two seed. I'm praying EVERY night for a one-and-done in St. Louis. This season needs to be done...

T

...8)
            2s have beaten 15s

Some day a 16 will beat a 1 and a game where Cooz and Matt and Gal get hot is the recipe for that disaster.

Why not?!

Comment

Only one remaining home game on Senior Night vs Evansville.

Senior Nights are always special to me regardless of the on-court success the Seniors being honored have achieved.

I look for the Shocks to come out put a hurting on the Aces that night in front of a enthusiastic crowd.

As far as catching fire in the MVC Tournament I have to be honest and say I just don't see it.

Assuming we win our play-in game we will then get the 1 or 2 seed the next day. This in and of itself will challenge the stamina of an already thin team, let alone having the legs to win 4 hard played basketball games in four days. If it happens, it will be one of those "Do You Believe in Miracles" moments.

Comment

Friend, the odds are against us. Whether our problem is talent, intellect, motivation, chemistry, positional problems, coaching staff learning curves, injuries, stamina, aim, it just isn't in the cards this year. This team is like a dog howling in the ditch just begging to be shot.

For me the 2007-2008 Shocker Men's Basketball Team will forever be remembered by me as the ultimate instrument of pain. They have owned me in ways I didn't think were possible...

T

...8)

Comment

I don't see it either. But for Matt, Cooz, and Phil I can hope, can't I?

(And Lance too!)

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                    I don't see it either. But for Matt, Cooz, and Phil I can hope, can't I?
                    Matt, Cooz, and Phil didn't earn it. I hate Valley teams that stink it up during the regular season (Creighton) and then squeak into the tourney only to get hammered. We don't deserve it end of story.

T

...8)

Comment

Friend, the odds are against us. Whether our problem is talent, intellect, motivation, chemistry, positional problems, coaching staff learning curves, injuries, stamina, aim, it just isn't in the cards this year. This team is like a dog howling in the ditch just begging to be shot.

For me the 2007-2008 Shocker Men's Basketball Team will forever be remembered by me as the ultimate instrument of pain. They have owned me in ways I didn't think were possible...

T

...8)
                      Well, dammit, Cold, that's just sucks for you. I'm really flippin sorry you have been inconvenienced this season. You've shown an awful lot of heart so far and deserve a better result. My heart goes out to you.....I really hope you can manage to get through this rough period. I know many of the others here are pulling for you!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

I suppose I'm the only one that has a REALLY good feeling about Saint Louis?

Am I claiming we're gonna win it all? No. 4 games in 4 days is REALLY hard, especially for a team like us with almost no depth.

However, things have gone wrong for us all season, they have to go right for us sometime, and I think Saint Louis is where things turn around.

We never did fare well in St. Louis with Turgeon, but we have a new coach and things will be different.

We can beat any team in this league (how many games have we had within 5 points?) and the team I fear most (Illinois State) will most likely be on the other side of the bracket, so who knows?

Comment

T

...8)
                          Well, dammit, Cold, that's just sucks for you. I'm really flippin sorry you have been inconvenienced this season. You've shown an awful lot of heart so far and deserve a better result. My heart goes out to you.....I really hope you can manage to get through this rough period. I know many of the others here are pulling for you!

It's difficult to sit by and watch such epic proportions of failure on every level of this esteemed program. It is a travesty and a waste. This monumental waste of a year in the annals of Wichita State Basketball history needs to be over.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
                            I suppose I'm the only one that has a REALLY good feeling about Saint Louis?
                            Maybe if WSU had found a way to beat CU, and didn't drop the soap in the shower with Evansville and pulled out the two OT games, then maybe there could be a hope of fairy tail finish, but you can't change the spots of a leopard. To much water has flowed under the bridge this year.

Although the team hasn't quit, they have lost their will. That's what the difference was on Saturday night. The upperclassmen of SIU had more will than the upperclassmen of WSU. SIU players gutted it up, WSU didn't. Thommasson didn't help on two consecutive ball screens and we know what PJ did.

It's time for baseball and to dream about the future of next year.

Comment

T

...8)

It's difficult to sit by and watch such epic proportions of failure on every level of this esteemed program. It is a travesty and a waste. This monumental waste of a year in the annals of Wichita State Basketball history needs to be over.

T

...8)
                              Cold,

You know I respect your work and I have enjoyed the discussions that we shared over the years, but you have stepped in to it here. Please describe "failure on EVERY level of this esteemed program" with focus being on EVERY LEVEL.

Comment

Working...
                              X