No announcement yet.

Lutz leaving Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought it sounded like Bruce was trying to talk with food in his mouth or something. I just thought it might be too many big words trying to come out, but alas, I guess it was his breakfast. Bruce tries too hard to make himself sound smart. Equal to someone wearing glasses, only he uses 4 syllables when 1 or 2 would do.

I listened for about 5 minutes without Bob. It really does suck because that time slot is prime for someone who knows how to broadcast instead of read a teleprompter.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Lmao at "the sound of him eating his breakfast during the show". I used to laugh at that all the time. Then I quit listening. But not because of Bruce specifically. Because of both hosts. I didn't start listening to the show until maybe 5 years ago so I don't know what it was like in the glory days but for me it's been unlistenable for a while. I used to tune in during basketball season for Shocker talk but I even quit doing that this year.

I would listen if Shane, Brent, or Jeff & Jamin took over. Please no Bruce or Bob.

Comment

So what's the hand in the cookie jar story?

Comment

unlistenable is right

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Lmao at "the sound of him eating his breakfast during the show". I used to laugh at that all the time. Then I quit listening. But not because of Bruce specifically. Because of both hosts. I didn't start listening to the show until maybe 5 years ago so I don't know what it was like in the glory days but for me it's been unlistenable for a while. I used to tune in during basketball season for Shocker talk but I even quit doing that this year.

I would listen if Shane, Brent, or Jeff & Jamin took over. Please no Bruce or Bob.
            Yes Bob and Bruce both have their problems on the radio. Bob always seemed to think that he was so much better than his callers/listeners. They didn't seem to work together. Shane is so much better without the drama. The J&J show was also good without the drama that Bob tried to create.

Comment

Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
              So what's the hand in the cookie jar story?
              I don't think it was his hand that was caught in the cookie jar.

Comment

D'oh!

Comment

Why are they keeping him on solo?

Comment

Why put 2 pilots in a kamikazee?
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Why put 2 pilots in a kamikazee?
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I get the distinct impression that Bruce doesn't care for Bob and I'm guessing the feeling is mutual. A friend of mine bought Bruce's house last year when he officially moved to Tulsa. Shockingly Bruce didn't have his sh@& together and was still moving stuff out the day of closing while my buddy was moving in. At one point during the day my buddy jokingly said "now I better not come home and find Lutz swimming in my pool." Bruce apparently got a little defensive and said that they didn't hang out outside of work and that Bob was difficult to work with. I just thought it was funny that Bruce wasn't quick enough to realize he was joking in the first place.
                        "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

I don't mind Bruce as a sports reporter. I actually think he does a pretty solid job, ESPECIALLY with respect to the size of the Wichita market. On the other hand, I don't think I've ever heard a positive report regarding Bruce on a personal level. Seems the delta bravo force might be strong in him. Heck, I think it is strong in both Bruce AND Bob. Don't know that I'd enjoy either one as a neighbor, co-worker, brother-in-law, etc. Both seem to have the vibe that because they speak and write for a living that makes them exist on a higher plain than the rest of us. I think they should both be happy that in spite of majoring in journalism in college they were able to overcome that and put food on the table and a roof over their heads, instead of working at QuikTrip or Walmart.
                          Last edited by SHOCKvalue; April 17, 2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I have had some interaction with Bruce, and I have always gotten along with him very well. Of course, there aren't many people that I absolutely don't like. Generally, I am able to give people the benefit of the doubt. That said, I can certainly see why people would not like him. I can definitely see the ego in him.
                            78-65

Comment

I don't even care about what he does in his personal life, that's his own business. What I do care about is that the best sports talk show in Wichita has been ruined and it doesn't appear that it will change any time soon. The only way it will change is if sponsors start using their advertising dollars somewhere else. I can't imagine that it won't be long until that starts to happen.
                              "It is OVER... Ladies and Gentleman, say it slow and savor it... Wichita State is going to the Final Four for the first time in 48 years." - Mike Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                unlistenable is right
                                on so many levels

Comment

Working...
                                X