Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutz takes on Gottlieb in the Eagle

....wouldn't some of you say "pot, meet kettle?"

Some would. Personally, I would file the article under the category "Media Love".

But for those who would, this is the perfect place to express your opinions, so as not to clutter the Media Love thread with cookware diatribes...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      ....wouldn't some of you say "pot, meet kettle?"
      Disagree. Lutz hasn't spent anytime this year dismissing how good WSU is, or regarding the topic of his piece, Lutz has not said WSU is not deserving of a #1 seed as Gottlieb has.

Comment

Lutz has been very positive on the Shockers this year. I don't get where all of the hate comes from.

Comment

lutz does a good job, don't always agree with his writings but that is fine with me. Did doogies hate start when he said Scott City, Iowa and the faithful ripped him? This is one spoiled little sh&@ and goodwoman must be his little bit?$

Comment

Lutz has been forced to be more positive, even though he hates Marshall's guts (which is his right). His continual bashing of the Valley is a thinly veiled "they haven't played anybody" mantra.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Lutz has been forced to be more positive, even though he hates Marshall's guts (which is his right). His continual bashing of the Valley is a thinly veiled "they haven't played anybody" mantra.
              Do you really believe this, especially that Lutz has been "forced" to be more positive? By whom?

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                lutz does a good job, don't always agree with his writings but that is fine with me. Did doogies hate start when he said Scott City, Iowa and the faithful ripped him? This is one spoiled little sh&@ and goodwoman must be his little bit?$
                During our St Louis game, Doug went on a tirade about how we weren't the 12th best team in the country, despite our ranking. After the game he followed that up with an article saying the same thing. It turned into a pretty big twitter war that hilariously involved Kellan, a ton of fans, and at least one person from the Eagle. I think that it was Jeffrey Lutz. He's been butt hurt ever since.

Comment

His bashing of the valley is a not at all veiled "they need to get out of the valley" mantra that we hear around here on a continual basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    Do you really believe this, especially that Lutz has been "forced" to be more positive? By whom?
                    ....uh......yeah, I do

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      By the people who sign his check. They happen to be the same people trying to make a profit off the Eagle. They want people to continue reading the Eagle, and not be put off by Lutz' opinion. They just might realize that WSU is getting hate from every corner and if WSU gets it from the local sports writer, people won't buy a paper. So they tell Lutz to rein it in. That is generally how jobs work.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

So Bob is thinly veiled and you and a handful of others on this board are thinly skinned. We get it.. We've been getting it for years. Almost to the point that our thicker skin is getting rubbed down to the thickness of rice paper...

But as I said, this thread is the perfect place to express your thin skinned opinions about Bob's thinly veiled disdain for the Shockers. I will leave you in your "happy" place and move on, but two more final thoughts...

1. We haven't played anyone (in the Valley). It's not our fault, it doesn't make us a bad team, and we don't have to apologize for it. Those aren't just my opinions, they are Bob's also...

2. Could it also be that you have a beef with his being a Cardinal's fan instead of a Royal's fan... ?
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I'm a Yankees fan, strongly dislike the Royals or anything Kansas City, so no.

Comment

Wasn't he telling us a couple of weeks ago that we shouldn't pay attention to what these type of people are saying?

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                              So Bob is thinly veiled and you and a handful of others on this board are thinly skinned. We get it.. We've been getting it for years. Almost to the point that our thicker skin is getting rubbed down to the thickness of rice paper...

But as I said, this thread is the perfect place to express your thin skinned opinions about Bob's thinly veiled disdain for the Shockers. I will leave you in your "happy" place and move on, but two more final thoughts...

1. We haven't played anyone (in the Valley). It's not our fault, it doesn't make us a bad team, and we don't have to apologize for it. Those aren't just my opinions, they are Bob's also...

2. Could it also be that you have a beef with his being a Cardinal's fan instead of a Royal's fan... ?
                              lol..... The royals! Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X