Clear All

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
    How was that?
    bump

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
      How was that?

Couple examples:

He quoted Kemnitz as saying something to the effect of "I teach them to do that" - Kemnitz is talking about that he teaches his pitchers to pitch inside, not throwing at players standing outside the batter box in pregame brush backs - but that quote was grabbed by everybody and twisted to crucify Kemnitz teaches his pitchers to do pre-game brushback pitches on hitter standing on the on-deck circle. It was stupid thing for Kemnitz to say under the circumstances.

He quote Stephenson as saying something to the effect of "this hurt us more than them". Stephenson point was it was stupid to think he would tell his star pitcher to go throw at a player before the Friday night game started because even if didn't hit him he was going to be ejected and probably suspended for several games. Of course the national media loved this quote and would run it with a picture of Molina and Gene quote and ask who got the worst of it.

The reality is Kemnitz and Stephenson would have been better served to have kept their mouth shut, and were pretty stupid by opening their mouths because there was nothing they could say that was going to solve the problem they had. Unfortunately this was a time when WSU was without a AD, so there was no adult supervision over the program - so the coaches were opening their mouths when they should have been quiet and had a lawyer present during any media questions. Knapp then wrote stories on what happened in very sensational fashion I think he saw this as a way to make a national splash and was doing alot of interviews and I think Stephenson felt he had abused his access to make him and the program look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Couple examples:

He quoted Kemnitz as saying something to the effect of "I teach them to do that" - Kemnitz is talking about that he teaches his pitchers to pitch inside, not throwing at players standing outside the batter box in pregame brush backs - but that quote was grabbed by everybody and twisted to crucify Kemnitz teaches his pitchers to do pre-game brushback pitches on hitter standing on the on-deck circle. It was stupid thing for Kemnitz to say under the circumstances.

He quote Stephenson as saying something to the effect of "this hurt us more than them". Stephenson point was it was stupid to think he would tell his star pitcher to go throw at a player before the Friday night game started because even if didn't hit him he was going to be ejected and probably suspended for several games. Of course the national media loved this quote and would run it with a picture of Molina and Gene quote and ask who got the worst of it.

The reality is Kemnitz and Stephenson would have been better served to have kept their mouth shut, and were pretty stupid by opening their mouths because there was nothing they could say that was going to solve the problem they had. Unfortunately this was a time when WSU was without a AD, so there was no adult supervision over the program - so the coaches were opening their mouths when they should have been quiet and had a lawyer present during any media questions. Knapp then wrote stories on what happened in very sensational fashion I think he saw this as a way to make a national splash and was doing alot of interviews and I think Stephenson felt he had abused his access to make him and the program look bad.
        Thank you...that clears up a lot! Appreciate the time.

Comment

This ought to be interesting.....
          Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow · 42m
          Dear clown show #Shocker fan boy radio guys/columnists - please understand the argument before u step to me

boblutz ‏@bob:lutz · 11m
          I'll be joining @GottliebShow show at 3:40 today, right after I load up on my Shocker gear and play Thumbsie with Gregg Marshall.

Comment

Hopefully Bob hides his credit cards.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
              Dear clown show #Shocker fan boy radio guys/columnists - please understand the argument before u step to me

boblutz ‏@boblutz · 11m
              I'll be joining @GottliebShow show at 3:40 today, right after I load up on my Shocker gear and play Thumbsie with Gregg Marshall.
              I am very much looking forward to a recap of this.

Comment

This has "epic" written all over it.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                  Hopefully Bob hides his credit cards.
                  this

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

boblutz ‏@bob:lutz · 11m
                    Awesome! It will be like a battle to the death for a couple of blind, deaf, paralyzed midgets.

Also gotta love the 40 y/o Jew talking like he's a 14 y/o black kid from the hood. "Step to me?" Good grief!

Comment

Bob better not hurt Gottlieb's feelings too much, or Marcus Smart might come after him.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Awesome! It will be like a battle to the death for a couple of blind, deaf, paralyzed midgets.

Also gotta love the 40 y/o Jew talking like he's a 14 y/o black kid from the hood. "Step to me?" Good grief!
                        Remember, he's there to bring the "white man's perspective." What a tool. I'm still surprised Charles Barkley didn't just toss him off the set when he said that last year.

Comment

Gottlieb should have Pin on with Lutz. Pin could inform Gottlieb that Lutz is certainly no Shocker fan boy.

Comment

Someone post the Magic Johnson pop corn gif ASAP
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Bob's pretty good at needling and too old to get his feelings hurt, so I'll put the odds at him goading Doug into a meltdown at 1:1.

Comment

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X