#2 Wichita State @ Evansville Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
    I don't know what you are getting at. Most of the posters around here have been complaining about the valley for years. It's not like he's saying anything that hadn't been said here hundreds of times.
    Good point, Therapy. I'm guessing that the posts on here about the Valley and WSU's need to escape are at LEAST the 96% negative that another shocker cited. So Lutz, goofball that he is, fits right in. Our posters just don't like his company.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
      Lutz said he doesn't know why Shockers fans care what ******* or other national pundits say.

It is a fair point.
      The only reason I care is because he has a voice that helps shape the national opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        actually, it's closer to 96%. he cannot talk wichita state without downgrading the valley, first and foremost. he's the no.1 advocate of "valley sucks" in the country. 'always has been. listen tomorrow and "see" for youself, joco.
        I listen to that show almost every day. You exaggerate his stand. The fact that he doesn't kiss the Shocker Taliban's collective ass every day doesn't make him a hater or someone who discounts how good the team is. He is tired of beating a dead horse, but has to right now, because a) the Valley does suck b) he has thought for weeks that the Shox would run the table c) arguing over poll rankings is pointless and d) the Shox will only prove the doubters wrong in March and April.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Awesome road win! Nice Job Shocks!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I say ignore the nay-sayers, smile and say 27-0. All of the talk will be settled in March and April. And when we win in the NCAA's we will have to listen to how we had an easy path to the elite 8 and final 4. But thats ok because our players and coach know they belong, and lets face it, alot of the pundits really don't follow the Valley that close until they follow the teams that get in the tourny

Comment

• As far as the game I thought Evansville played a very nice game when we didn't force them into turnovers. They are a few pieces away from being a threat with such a young team in Ballentine and Mockevisious. They shoot the ball good, next year they should be much improved. Our guard play today was outstanding, and we needed it, I felt we needed to shoot well today and we did. Our post play wasn't up to par, thought Carter was rushing things on offense, we missed some easy ones first half, gotta clean that up. The last three games we've missed to many bunnies. Our defense was good as far as creating easy points after turn-overs. And 19-20 from the line, fantastic, that will get you wins come tourney time. Good win, pundits will downplay it, because its Evansville, but we all know the Valley is down, but it isn't as bad as they want us to believe. They can keep doubting us and we will keep winning, I can handle that.

Comment

• Just got back from the game. The Evansville fans that sat around us were not the easiest fans to get along with. The SLU fans earlier this year were excellent. The creighton fans last year in Omaha were... eh, but I didn't feel like getting into a fight with any of them.

First of all, the fans around us were super passionate about travel calls. Like comically passionate about them. On both sides. I thought there were definitely missed travel calls in the first half, but these people were standing up and signaling travel for both teams multiple times.

Then when Nick Wiggins was shoved out of bounds and he hit his head on a table along the sideline several of us stood up because we wanted to see if he was seriously hurt. This EU fan behind us shouted "Oh, get up you big cry baby." Before I had a chance to say anything, another Evansville fan turned around and said "Seriously?! The dude just hit his head..." So... thanks, guy.

In the last few minutes, though, emotions were starting to get the best of some of them. I clapped after FVV hit a free throw and this guy turned around and said "Give it a rest. You've already won the game." When the fans behind the bench were clapping toward the end of the game, he said "Jeez. it's like it's their first win." My wife said "it's our 27th..." The same guy at the final buzzer turned around and said "Maybe in the future you can afford to sit over there with the rest of your fans." I said "no joke. I got 8th row seats at center court for 20 bucks a piece." I didn't inform him what 20 bucks will get you in wichita.

The arena wasn't bad, though.

Comment

• Take Kirstie Alley's advice. Ignore the reviews.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    Should college institute a clear path foul rule like the NBA?? Just curious as to what the opinion on that is.
                    They do (or did) it's just never called.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                      I say ignore the nay-sayers, smile and say 27-0. All of the talk will be settled in March and April. And when we win in the NCAA's we will have to listen to how we had an easy path to the elite 8 and final 4. But thats ok because our players and coach know they belong, and lets face it, alot of the pundits really don't follow the Valley that close until they follow the teams that get in the tourny
                      This...big time!

Comment

• Ballentine had 19 points but only 5-17 from the floor, ouch.

Comment

• The Shockers were the first story tonight on espn's 10pm Sports Center! A lot of Van Vleet and Baker. They even talked about how smart Marshall is (knowing things like there are 27 bones in your hand). They talked pretty glowing about the Shockers win.

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                            Anyone know why Shaq didn't travel with the team??
                            According to twitter, he's taking his RS seriously. Gotta give him props for that.

Shaquille Morris ‏@Shaq_Morris 4h

Just FYI shocker fans I stay in wichita to workout with my strength & conditioning coach im taking my RS year serious. Getting ready 14-15

Comment

• Just as a side note, as I was walking out of the game, some Evansville fans complimented the team then said, "that was the best game we have played all year and you STILL kicked our asses!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                Hyperbole..
                                Hyperbole? On my internet?!

Comment

Working...
                                X