#2 Wichita State @ Evansville Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    According to twitter, he's taking his RS seriously. Gotta give him props for that.

Shaquille Morris ‏@Shaq_Morris 4h

Just FYI shocker fans I stay in wichita to workout with my strength & conditioning coach im taking my RS year serious. Getting ready 14-15
    I saw that later as well... Guess I wasn't the only one who noticed

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Just got back from the game. The Evansville fans that sat around us were not the easiest fans to get along with. The SLU fans earlier this year were excellent. The creighton fans last year in Omaha were... eh, but I didn't feel like getting into a fight with any of them.

First of all, the fans around us were super passionate about travel calls. Like comically passionate about them. On both sides. I thought there were definitely missed travel calls in the first half, but these people were standing up and signaling travel for both teams multiple times.

Then when Nick Wiggins was shoved out of bounds and he hit his head on a table along the sideline several of us stood up because we wanted to see if he was seriously hurt. This EU fan behind us shouted "Oh, get up you big cry baby." Before I had a chance to say anything, another Evansville fan turned around and said "Seriously?! The dude just hit his head..." So... thanks, guy.

In the last few minutes, though, emotions were starting to get the best of some of them. I clapped after FVV hit a free throw and this guy turned around and said "Give it a rest. You've already won the game." When the fans behind the bench were clapping toward the end of the game, he said "Jeez. it's like it's their first win." My wife said "it's our 27th..." The same guy at the final buzzer turned around and said "Maybe in the future you can afford to sit over there with the rest of your fans." I said "no joke. I got 8th row seats at center court for 20 bucks a piece." I didn't inform him what 20 bucks will get you in wichita.

The arena wasn't bad, though.
      Sounds like that douchenozzle Aces1982 was in the house.

Glad the WSU fans were able to make him cry.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Just got back from the game. The Evansville fans that sat around us were not the easiest fans to get along with. The SLU fans earlier this year were excellent. The creighton fans last year in Omaha were... eh, but I didn't feel like getting into a fight with any of them.

First of all, the fans around us were super passionate about travel calls. Like comically passionate about them. On both sides. I thought there were definitely missed travel calls in the first half, but these people were standing up and signaling travel for both teams multiple times.

Then when Nick Wiggins was shoved out of bounds and he hit his head on a table along the sideline several of us stood up because we wanted to see if he was seriously hurt. This EU fan behind us shouted "Oh, get up you big cry baby." Before I had a chance to say anything, another Evansville fan turned around and said "Seriously?! The dude just hit his head..." So... thanks, guy.

In the last few minutes, though, emotions were starting to get the best of some of them. I clapped after FVV hit a free throw and this guy turned around and said "Give it a rest. You've already won the game." When the fans behind the bench were clapping toward the end of the game, he said "Jeez. it's like it's their first win." My wife said "it's our 27th..." The same guy at the final buzzer turned around and said "Maybe in the future you can afford to sit over there with the rest of your fans." I said "no joke. I got 8th row seats at center court for 20 bucks a piece." I didn't inform him what 20 bucks will get you in wichita.

The arena wasn't bad, though.
        You gotta give 'em a break, wouldn't you be cranky if your team wore uni's like Evansville's? :poster_wu:
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Do you reckon that Player Simmons could play defense for Coach Marshall?

Just wondering.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Did anyone watching on TV see the fan dressed as a gorilla put his hands on Baker??

Comment

• I will push out my AAR tomorrow. Bunking in Columbia Mo tonite and am beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Sounds like that douchenozzle Aces1982 was in the house.

Glad the WSU fans were able to make him cry.
                $20 gets you about 4 minutes of Marshall's time. Which is time well spent.
                Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  You gotta give 'em a break, wouldn't you be cranky if your team wore uni's like Evansville's? :poster_wu:
                  Better than the ones Illinois State wore last game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    Better than the ones Illinois State wore last game.
                    You mean the red and white striped clown shorts? Those were BAD

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                      Did anyone watching on TV see the fan dressed as a gorilla put his hands on Baker??
                      hunh? at what point in the game did that occur?

Comment

• About 7 minutes left maybe?? He went up for a layup and was fouled I believe... He went between the poles into the edge of the student section, and it looked like the guy patted him on the back. Baker turned and looked at him like "wtf".... During the media timeout right then one of the officials went over to the student section and talked to them

Comment

About 7 minutes left maybe?? He went up for a layup and was fouled I believe... He went between the poles into the edge of the student section, and it looked like the guy patted him on the back. Baker turned and looked at him like "wtf"....
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

About 7 minutes left maybe?? He went up for a layup and was fouled I believe... He went between the poles into the edge of the student section, and it looked like the guy patted him on the back. Baker turned and looked at him like "wtf".... During the media timeout right then one of the officials went over to the student section and talked to them
                            This reminds me of one of my favorite moments of the season -- when Ron Baker patted an opposing head coach on the back after Baker got a good call.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Yes, I know. A Sports Commentator said that several moons ago so we sometimes make light of that on here.
                              Sorry boss, still new around these parts, didn't recognize the sarcasm font!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                                This reminds me of one of my favorite moments of the season -- when Ron Baker patted an opposing head coach on the back after Baker got a good call.
                                I think that was NC State's coach. He was out on the court complaining about a no call on Baker, so after in bounding the ball Ron ran by and comforted him. It was priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X