Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big 12 is sooooo overrated as BB conference......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 is sooooo overrated as BB conference......

and shows why the RPI rankings are BS....When a conference has the same champ (KU) year after year, it is not a good well balanced conference. Even KU, who likes to trumpet their strong OOC schedule, ok KU you played a tough schedule good for you, but how many of those "tough" teams did you beat?....Toledo. This year will be the same as most for the 6 or 7 B12 schlepps that stagger into the NCAA....KU will win couple games and most of the rest will be one and done.
    Last edited by WillieJeffJeffries; February 15, 2014, 04:54 PM.

Just because a conference is not balanced doesn't mean it can't be a good/tough conference.
    RPI is unbiased. RPI doesn't care about names. RPI is a great metric.

Comment

Name another bcs conference that would allow such a streak.

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
        and shows why the RPI rankings are BS....When a conference has the same champ (KU) year after year, it is not a good well balanced conference. Even KU, who likes to trumpet their strong OOC schedule, ok KU you played a tough schedule good for you, but how many of those "tough" teams did you beat?....Toledo. This year will be the same as most for the 6 or 7 B12 schlepps that stagger into the NCAA....KU will win couple games and most of the rest will be one and done.
        I made this exact argument about a month ago. I agree completely.

Not to mention the fact that on most days, the "Big Time" programs can't muster a decent crowd.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          Just because a conference is not balanced doesn't mean it can't be a good/tough conference.
          RPI is unbiased. RPI doesn't care about names. RPI is a great metric.
          I would disagree. RPI has no predictive power and can be gamed. That is why u have seen them make changes in how it is calculated.

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
            KU did beat Toledo, New Mexico and Duke in the non-con. If we had beat those same teams, you'd be damn sure to see each and every one of us bragging about those wins.

Yes, KU has dominated the Big 12 for the past decade, but I don't find that all surprising since they are the only blue blood program in the conference. The southern Big 12 programs are all football schools, KU is a basketball school. They've got a lot going for them that the other Big 12 schools don't have. Before we start bashing another conference, I think we would have to belong to a conference that is comparable and the MVC sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              KU did beat Toledo, New Mexico and Duke in the non-con. If we had beat those same teams, you'd be damn sure to see each and every one of us bragging about those wins.

Yes, KU has dominated the Big 12 for the past decade, but I don't find that all surprising since they are the only blue blood program in the conference. The southern Big 12 programs are all football schools, KU is a basketball school. They've got a lot going for them that the other Big 12 schools don't have. Before we start bashing another conference, I think we would have to belong to a conference that is comparable and the MVC sucks!
              Just two comments: Bradley, Northern Iowa

Comment

Big 12 is a tough league with alot of balance from the 2-6 positions, but not at the top. The league is always going to be Kansas to win are lose. Over all it is definitely over-rated. Anytime you have the same team at the top, and I don't care if it is KU its not an overall great league. Texas 2nd place, loses to BYU, no shame in that but people don't make an issue or tend to forget, but as a win on our schedual they act like its no big deal. KSU, top of the league loses to Northern Colorado, please, you kidding me. BYU, should have beat the mighty Cyclones and they been ranked in the top 15 pretty much all year. Northern Iowa almost beat them and over the past several yrs. has an edge over the Cyclones, again no shame losing to Northern Iowa, good program with recent NCAA success, but this year is a down year for them. Seems like it takes way to many losses for a Big 12 team to fall out of the top 10 or 25 compared to otheirs. Usually they just feed off each otheir with their inflated rankings, but at the end of the year you have 6 to 7 big 12 teams in the tourney, and they are lucky to get 2 through to the sweet 16. Over-rated for sure, good solid league, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post

Thank you for proving my point, U R right, KU is the only decent program in their conference and in that respect they are no different than WSU. The other other nine (xcept TCU) are teams with power ratings between 30 and 125 that could be thrown in a hat, have them all play a Home and Home round robin and the whole lot would finish .500. Toledo and New Mexico would be in that group as well....big whoop. KU beat Duke as Duke were on there way out of the top 25 and although Duke has been on a nice run as of late they barely/lucky beat a weak Maryland team tonight at home. My post has nothing to do with the power of the MVC, I think any sane person knows the Valley is weak. My point is, and thank you for helping make it, that after KU, the B12 is nothing special. Just like last year and many other years the B12 will fail in the NCAA and KU will carry the conference flag for at least S16 run and that will be it......Laughing at Wyatt Thompson go on and on about how tough the B12 is as KSU loses to Baylor in 2OT.....My take...Baylor suks and KSU suks a little less.....On a an unrelated note, Im typing this as I watch the olympics and that Alpine skier, Tina Maze, is hot as chit...she is worth a look.

Comment

The 12 has one good team and some teams with pretty uniforms.
                    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Big 12(10) is a good conference but is definitely overrated. MVC is underrated, B12 is overrated.

Comment

Gotta agree with pie n eye's take.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
                          …and some teams with pretty uniforms.
                          Apparently you haven't watched Baylor play this year.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

My take on the Big 12 is that WSU and KU would be the top 2 teams. Texas would be the third place team and Indiana State is right in there with the next group (a large group of which will be in the tourney). UNI is somewhere towards the bottom of the big 12, maybe near WVU or Baylor. No one else in the MVC this year has any post players and would not fair well. Is the Big 12 over-rated? Absolutely. Are they a bad conference? Not at all.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              My take on the Big 12 is that WSU and KU would be the top 2 teams. Texas would be the third place team and Indiana State is right in there with the next group (a large group of which will be in the tourney). UNI is somewhere towards the bottom of the big 12, maybe near WVU or Baylor. No one else in the MVC this year has any post players and would not fair well. Is the Big 12 over-rated? Absolutely. Are they a bad conference? Not at all.
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X