No announcement yet.

Our friends at Da Cuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I recall when we played Syracuse, their fans were some of the most tolerable - actually, even pleasant - of BCS fans I've encountered. I wouldn't recommend going to their board and posting a box score of our win over them. That doesn't show the respect for their fans that they showed to us even after we beat them in their house.

The "no repsect" angle is coming from a lack of respect for St. Louis. How many top-10 teams have a W on the road against a top-15 team? St. Louis is not in a power conference, so they are obviously not as good as a mid-tier power conference team. That's the mindset of those not giving the Shox any credit for their schedule.

It's only when a power conference school schedules another power conference school and then beats them on the road that a road win against a top-15 team counts as a quality win. Other than that, some in the media treat our game at St. Louis as one overrated mid-major beating another overrated mid-major.

Anybody else in the top 10 who scheduled a road game against a top-20 team? I bet there are some, and I bet they are getting credit for going on the road and taking on any comers.

As long as the teams in the power conferences only schedule road games against other power conference teams and refuse any reasonable scheduling against any non-power-conference teams, teams not in the power conferences will always have their schedules questioned.

The concept is that "if me and none of my buddies will play you, you can't be any good, because you can't be any good if you didn't play me or my buddies". And playing their buddies only counts if their buddies are having killer years.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We've got them right where we want them. TALKING ABOUT THE SHOCKERS! They can't ignore us. We belong!

Comment

Working...
      X