Our friends at Da Cuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our friends at Da Cuse

Is going to get the Shocker tonight at Indiana St! You heard it hear 1st! We will be the only undefeated left after tonight!!!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Seemed to be pretty balanced between those who think the Shocks are a fraud and those who think the Shocks are legit.

I assume those who believe we are legit probably remember the last time we played Syracuse. Which I assume will be the last time we ever play them during the regular season.

Comment

Typical board. Some knowledgeable fans, a few morons, and one or two that need to douche up.

Comment

One dude was bagging on us for not scheduling up. That idiot doesnt realize that the Shox and Orange non-con we're basically the same difficulty except we actually traveled. Maybe the ACC is going to send us an invite so we can play a "legit" schedule?
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          One dude was bagging on us for not scheduling up. That idiot doesnt realize that the Shox and Orange non-con we're basically the same difficulty except we actually traveled. Maybe the ACC is going to send us an invite so we can play a "legit" schedule?
          Actually, in terms of non-con games (which are the only ones you have any control over scheduling), Syracuse has an SOS of 96 and WSU has an SOS of 46 according to RPI Forecast.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
            Actually, in terms of non-con games (which are the only ones you have any control over scheduling), Syracuse has an SOS of 96 and WSU has an SOS of 46 according to RPI Forecast.
            Question maybe for J4HP or anybody, should SOS be adjusted for home, away and neutral games?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Question maybe for J4HP or anybody, should SOS be adjusted for home, away and neutral games?
              For anyone accurately calculating SOS according to current NCAA RPI standards, it should be adjusted for home, away, and neutral.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I registered there but are unable to post any comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
                  Actually that is probably a good thing. You go post on their board and then get into a pissing contest and you turn into the bad guy. Just stay classy. You shouldn't frankly care what they say. Let them talk.

Comment

Tip of the Day: Whatever you do, don't make any waves.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
                      You should probably just save yourself the headache. Arguing with a BCS fan is like arguing with your wife: Circular, with ever-changing rules, and going absolutely nowhere in the end. The regular season rankings don't matter, unless it's a BCS team that's ranked. We have no victories over ranked teams, because St. Louis wasn't ranked at the time. But a BCS school is happy to claim wins over ranked teams that later plummeted way outside the rankings or prove to be horribly overrated. (In the case of Syracuse, see Baylor, North Carolina, Indiana, and Notre Dame.) Finally, a BCS school is happy to show off how well it has done in the tournament, especially if it makes the final four. If you point to a run in the tournament that exceeds that of the BCS school, they note that the tournament rewards "getting lucky," "getting hot at the right time," and they note that "if the teams played seven games, we'd win six."

So I think that pretty much sums up what you would have found had you been able to register. That said, I'm not as down on the Syracuse schedule as many on this board. They have a similar argument to ours on why their SOS isn't as much their fault. Except that whole refusing to leave home thing.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                        You should probably just save yourself the headache. Arguing with a BCS fan is like arguing with your wife: Circular, with ever-changing rules, and going absolutely nowhere in the end. The regular season rankings don't matter, unless it's a BCS team that's ranked. We have no victories over ranked teams, because St. Louis wasn't ranked at the time. But a BCS school is happy to claim wins over ranked teams that later plummeted way outside the rankings or prove to be horribly overrated. (In the case of Syracuse, see Baylor, North Carolina, Indiana, and Notre Dame.) Finally, a BCS school is happy to show off how well it has done in the tournament, especially if it makes the final four. If you point to a run in the tournament that exceeds that of the BCS school, they note that the tournament rewards "getting lucky," "getting hot at the right time," and they note that "if the teams played seven games, we'd win six."

So I think that pretty much sums up what you would have found had you been able to register. That said, I'm not as down on the Syracuse schedule as many on this board. They have a similar argument to ours on why their SOS isn't as much their fault. Except that whole refusing to leave home thing.

but some/most of them refuse to realize they have a similar schedule or SOS to Wichita State and ***** about our schedule. How does that make sense? Are there underlying fears that we would beat them in the tourney? They seem to think a round with Creighton, Saint Louis, Wichita State, etc would be a breeze.... That sounds like one of the toughest possible outcomes...not to mention they would...GASP.... be forced to actually play on the road.

Comment

I would recommend staying away from their board...but if you do venture there, just post this link with no argument one way or the other.

Expert recap and game analysis of the Wichita State Shockers vs. Syracuse Orange NCAAM game from December 2, 2006 on ESPN.

Comment

I think my highlight video of that game is still on the youtubes somewhere.

Comment

WSU SoS 81
                              Cuse SoS 72

WSU NonCon SoS 41
                              Cuse NonCon SoS 105

Comment

Working...
                              X