**WSU @ Indiana State Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
    Is anybody else completely sick of these Valley TV announcers? It's getting to the point where muting is becoming the only option to save my sanity. No offense to Odum who is a good player, but at one point they called him one of the greats of the Valley (referenced him on some random combination of stats compared to Oscar Robertson and Bird) and that's just an insane claim to make
    Jake Odum is a very good player. I have no problem with them talking him up, he deserves it but comparing him to Bird and the Big O is over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indiana_State_Blue View Post
      Great game tonight, I have to hand it to your team. We played a great game; yeah we missed a lot of FTs but your defense was equally responsible for you guys walking away with the W( If not more so). As a recent graduate this is definitely one of the top 2 games I have ever attended at the Hulman Center. Knocking down Creighton last year and holding Dougie to 8 gets the top spot, but barely. We also set the school record for student attendance tonight at 2,100. Once again great game, and great win your team deserved it.

P.S.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1229[/ATTACH]
      I believe our defense also is the main reason your guys missed a lot of free throws at the end of the game. It happens game after game. Our defense just plain wears the opposition out and they don't have the legs to make shots at the end of the game including FTs.

Comment

• sCUm fans aren't jealous of us and our season:

Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• They just showed extensive highlights of tonight's game on Olbermann on espn2.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            sCUm fans aren't jealous of us and our season:

http://bluejayunderground.com/viewto...a1f4&start=920
            Who is this sCUm you speak of??

As far as I am conserned, they no longer exist!!
            The Assman

Comment

• Every time they showed the student section all I could think of was

But I felt like their student section brought their A game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                They just showed extensive highlights of tonight's game on Olbermann on espn2.
                The last few games we have made Olbermann's highlights portion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
                  Is anybody else completely sick of these Valley TV announcers? It's getting to the point where muting is becoming the only option to save my sanity. No offense to Odum who is a good player, but at one point they called him one of the greats of the Valley (referenced him on some random combination of stats compared to Oscar Robertson and Bird) and that's just an insane claim to make

That would be Mark Adams who also claimed Balentine was one of the top 2 players in the country

Comment

• Well just when I thought the Shox were a good team I get brought back down to earth by expert Tornado on the bradleyfans board. LMAO:

Wichita State may have won the game but Gregg Marshall and his team did absolutely NOTHING to dispel the strongly growing sense that they have played a VERY soft schedule, and do not deserve a #4 ranking.
                    In fact - if enough people among the voters saw this game, I wouldn't be surprised if they drop a bit in the rankings this week.

I will say it to his face - Marshall, you cannot bully and threaten me into buying your BS - if the Shockers had to play a tough schedule every night, they would NOT be undefeated.
                    They were VERY lucky to get out of Terre Haute with a win...but then tonight, a lot of even mediocre teams would have beaten a team that misses almost 40 shots.
                    You are soooo lucky that this season 8 of the t9 other MVC teams are not over .500!

And 2nd place Indiana State isn't even a great team PLUS they did not play a particularly good game but were within a SINGLE possession in the final minute - then simply couldn't make a shot or a FT after that.

In fact InSU shot poorly all night...only 5-20 on 3-pointers, and only 32% overall -

Congrats to WSU for the win but the cat is out of the bag now, the Shockers are not a Top 10 team.
                    In fact, I think Bradley can beat them when they come here
                    And he is partly right. Our schedule isn't near as strong as it should be thanks partly to his underachieving team. lol Thanks for nothing Bradley!
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                      Well just when I thought the Shox were a good team I get brought back down to earth by expert Tornado on the bradleyfans board. LMAO:

And he is partly right. Our schedule isn't near as strong as it should be thanks partly to his underachieving team. lol Thanks for nothing Bradley!
                      There's a reason why that goon is a punch line on Valley message boards. I wouldn't get too upset about any of his "analysis" or thoughts. Just another one of those fans that's obviously getting tired of having his team get owned by WSU and is now taking it out on his computer in the form of ignorance.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This game was Indiana State's one chance at the NCAA tournament. Their sole prayer. Their entire season. For someone like Odum, this was his career.

The coaches knew it. The players knew it. The fans knew it. They had to give us everything they had if they were going to give anything at all.

And we still went into their place and won with less than our best effort. Not too shabby.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          There's a reason why that goon is a punch line on Valley message boards. I wouldn't get too upset about any of his "analysis" or thoughts. Just another one of those fans that's obviously getting tired of having his team get owned by WSU and is now taking it out on his computer in the form of ignorance.
                          I'm sure Tornado has some pithy insights on prison sex, too.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            Just so you are all clear, I am not going to go through over 30+ pages at 25 per page to read your all's comments. I will just assume you enjoyed the game.
                            Oh, that's too bad. You are going to miss those couple of pages where the Indiana State Sparkettes nude pics, from that scandal they recently had, were posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              Well just when I thought the Shox were a good team I get brought back down to earth by expert Tornado on the bradleyfans board. LMAO:

I've been seeing a ton of this on Valley boards and as much as I (we) like to make fun of UNI fans, they're pretty much the only ones who are giving us the respect we deserve. A lot of it is because they're basically the only team that has experienced what success feels like recently (Chris Lowery made SIU forget) and they were Evansville'd in their Sweet 16 year. UNI fans understand we're legit and we're getting everyone's best shot every night and that going undefeated through this joke of a conference is still a major accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                                Oh, that's too bad. You are going to miss those couple of pages where the Indiana State Sparkettes nude pics, from that scandal they recently had, were posted.
                                I just went through all of that for nothing...
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X