X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a very cool story.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
      Once upon a time, FDR went to Little Rock to make a speech. In those days, it was common to build a wood, raised platform for the person, who was speaking. The stage had a wood railing and it was adorned with red, white and blue bunting. My grandfather was a carpenter and he helped to build the stage.

A large, enthusiastic crowd gathered. The speech was very well received. Upon conclusion of FDR's speech, the crowd rushed forward to shake his hand, pat him on the back and touch him as if he was a god. In the excitement, FDR was hurried off the stage by some of his entourage. In the hustle and bustle of activity, FDR dropped his cane and it fell at the feet of my grandfather, who picked it up.

Later my grandfather tried to return the cane, but a spokesman for FDR told him to keep the cane.

I believe the cane, which I have in a safe and secure place, is authentic because there is a silver plate attached and it bears the initials of "F.D.R."
      Craigslist?

Comment

Once upon a time, FDR went to Little Rock to make a speech. In those days, it was common to build a wood, raised platform for the person, who was speaking. The stage had a wood railing and it was adorned with red, white and blue bunting. My grandfather was a carpenter and he helped to build the stage.

A large, enthusiastic crowd gathered. The speech was very well received. Upon conclusion of FDR's speech, the crowd rushed forward to shake his hand, pat him on the back and touch him as if he was a god. In the excitement, FDR was hurried off the stage by some of his entourage. In the hustle and bustle of activity, FDR dropped his cane and it fell at the feet of my grandfather, who picked it up.

Later my grandfather tried to return the cane, but a spokesman for FDR told him to keep the cane.

I believe the cane, which I have in a safe and secure place, is authentic because there is a silver plate attached and it bears the initials of "F.D.R."
        Pawn Stars!

Comment

Antiques Roadshow

Comment

The fireside chat was when Jimmy Carter, adorned in a cardigan sweater, came on TV to inform the public we were in a "malaise" and to get out of it we needed to 1) turn down our thermostats, and 2) obey his new national speed limit of 55mph. Cold and slow - just the words to get the public inspired.

Comment

A large, enthusiastic crowd gathered. The speech was very well received. Upon conclusion... the crowd rushed forward to shake his hand, pat him on the back and touch him as if he was a god.
              Almost like a sports hero.

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                  outstanding effort!

that was a bit of a pick-me-up after the lingering nagging feeling left over from the second half of the shockers-ramblers game.
                  To listen to the entire thing, I think you can sign up for a free 30 day trial (which is what I'm in the process of doing)

Comment

Working...
                  X