HCGM on Sirius XM this evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCGM on Sirius XM this evening

Basketball & Beyond with Coach K : 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm (1 hr) eastern time zone

Mike Krzyzewski talks to Kevin Durant of the OKC Thunder about his MVP season and to Gregg Marshall, head coach at #4 ranked and undefeated Wichita State.
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
    Basketball & Beyond with Coach K : 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm (1 hr) eastern time zone

Mike Krzyzewski talks to Kevin Durant of the OKC Thunder about his MVP season and to Gregg Marshall, head coach at #4 ranked and undefeated Wichita State.
    On what station is it?
    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Stream Gregg Marshall, Wichita State head coach, talks to Coach K on SiriusXM College Sports Nation by SiriusXM Sports on desktop and mobile. Play over 320 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.

I listened to this yesterday this is with coach K also
      Last edited by GOSHOX1; January 30, 2014, 02:25 PM.
      I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Sirius 91

Comment

Sirius is also having a free listen period, so if you have one , give it a try. IDK if channel 91 is part of their free lineup or not tho

Comment

This is probably dumb but can you possibly listen to the show on the internet? Don't have a Sirius radio but guess I could go test drive a car this evening for an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
              This is probably dumb but can you possibly listen to the show on the internet? Don't have a Sirius radio but guess I could go test drive a car this evening for an hour.
              Then don't test drive a Ford Focus, let it all hang out and drive a Jag.

Comment

Any chance of a podcast?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  Then don't test drive a Ford Focus, let it all hang out and drive a Jag.
                  Great idea, at least a escalade. Rented a car with one last month and accidently found the adult entertainment channel...the wife was not convinced it made the trip go by quicker.

Comment

HCGM up next. What is Coach K doing hosting a talk radio show? Doesn't he have enough on his plate this time of year?

Comment

Coach K gave praise to HCGM for his job at Winthrop and what he has done at WSU. Gregg discussing how great it is to coach his players. K says WSU has a "nasty" team. Gregg is describing the origins of PLAY ANGRY and wanting it "more" than the other team. They talked about the history of Shocker BBall, Coach K grew up in Chicago and remembers watching Dave the Rave, live.

HCGM talking about Shockers that were on the NY Knicks team (he noticed during the NIT trip) and took that as a good omen prior to the finals. Reminiscing about influences on his coaching career. Coach Kresse taught Gregg everything from A-Z about all aspects of coaching. Coach K compliments the Shockers that they love to play the game, do it together and it shows. Gregg wants to see his players go 100% and he's not afraid to sub a new player if he sees someone slacking off. Coach K admires Gregg and his work that he has done. Gregg returns the praise to Coach K except for a tourny game he took a beating (Winthrop?).

A refreshing interview, almost like a fireside chat. Not a bunch of garbage questions that we get from some talking heads. Came off sounding great, lots of mutual respect.
                      Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; January 30, 2014, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                        Coach K admires Gregg and his work that he has done. Gregg returns the praise to Coach K except for a tourny game he took a beating (Winthrop?).
                        Oddly enough, I might remember that game. Years back, Duke played a 1-16 game, and I think I remember it being Winthrop. Of course, at the time, I had no reason to pay attention to Gregg as he was still several years away from coming here. Anyway, I must have been watching ESPN highlights, and a clip from Gregg's press conference was shown. Gregg was asked what it would take for his team to beat Duke. He said that a couple of his guys would need the best game of their lives, and honestly, some Duke players would probably need to play the worst game of their lives. Then, once the show transitioned to the highlights of the game to show Duke lay a beatdown, the commentators were like, "Yeah, that didn't happen."

That Duke team was sick. Boozer, J-Williams, Dunleavy, Duhon, Dahntay Jones....

I always remembered that quote that Gregg made....just never put 2 and 2 together to realize it was him until he had been here a couple of years.
                        78-65

Comment

That might be my all time favorite Gregg Marshall interview. Coach K was just awesome. He just kept complimenting everything Coach Marshall is doing and was very high in his praise for WSU now and knew well of our tradition, citing many examples of both.

Coach Marshall was equally gracious and the mutual respect between the two was clear and came across for the entire interview.
                          Last edited by Hill Sitter; January 30, 2014, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Duke beat Winthrop 84 to 37. Whew that was an ass whoopin.

Comment

I caught the tail end of the interview just as I was getting into my Jeep and was bummed I missed the whole thing. They definitely share some mutual respect, that's for sure. Hope I can find the whole interview somewhere. The link above is just the first four minutes but thanks for that GOSHOX1!

Comment

Working...
                              X