Valley Roadie #4 @ Drake, Sat Jan 25th, 7:00 pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley Roadie #4 @ Drake, Sat Jan 25th, 7:00 pm

Ok, what does Drake bring to the table this year under new head coach Ray Giacoletti? Don't know much about them and have not seen them play. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

Thanks.

My guess:

They will overplay everything for the first 10-15 minutes. Hit some shots and feel an upset.

Then, like a freshman girl doing too many shots and the alcohol kicking in, they will hit the wall and the Shox will slowly (or quickly) roll over them like a road grater.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Ok, what does Drake bring to the table this year under new head coach Ray Giacoletti? Don't know much about them and have not seen them play. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

Thanks.
      based off of MVC games only (doesn't include last night games because the MVC is jank)

Scoring Offense: #2 WSU 71.0, #5 Drake 67.1
      Scoring Deffense: #1 WSU 55.6, #8 Drake 69.7

Drake is a good FT shooting team, 3rd behind UNI and WSU at 71% (WSU 72%)
      Drake is a good FG shooting team, 3rd at 45% (WSU 42%)
      Drake is a good 3pt shooting team, 3rd at 40% (WSU 33%)

Drake is #7 in FG Defense 46% (WSU is #1 at 36%)
      Drake is #4 in 3pt Defense 33% (WSU is #1 at 27%)
      Drake doesn't rebound well #9 -2.4 margin (WSU is #1 at +6.9)
      Drake defense doesn't steal much #9 (4.0 stl/g), WSU is #2 at 6.7
      Drake has one of the worst TO margin - #8 at -0.7, WSU is #1 at +2.7

Comment

Comparative Stats from StatSheet

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Comparative Stats from StatSheet - Conference games only

Here is the comparison considering only conference games

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Looks like they play mostly Juniors and Seniors. The loss of Senior Gary Ricks for the season was a significant loss. The exceptions to this appear to be 6-11, 240 Fr Center Jacob Enevold Jensen and 6-7, 190 Fr Forward Blake Danielak.

They can put some bulk in the middle with 6-11, 269 RSr Seth Van Deest and the aforementioned Enevold Jensen. Enevold Jensen is from Denmark.

Looks like the wings are in the 6-6 to 6-8 range but not a lot of big bodies in the group.

Richard Carter 5-11 177 Sr, Jordan Daniels 5-9 153 Jr and Karl Madison 5-10 175 RJr round out the guards.

Comment

Here's the deal. Back when I was knee-high to a grasshoppa in Study Hall, the teacher would be typing on the ole-fashion typewriter we used back in the day. As soon as she left her post, a certain student (tsk, tsk, tsk) would simply change the lever on the contraption to the white dot. She would return and be typing up a storm, only to notice a "white out syndrome" had transpired and her productivity was zip. She would exclaim to us that it was not a bit funny as we struggled not to roll on the floor laughing. This certain person never got caught and Teach never once was amused.

Likewise, the Shocks have faced red-outs, junk-zones, double-teams, and now a white out and our foes find little or no results. Even so, our beloved Shocks will keep the bulldawgs on a short leash. No treats, no gravy train, no mercy, and no rushing the court. Even so, on the cold and lonely road, our road warriors have proven expeditiously for the past three Seasons, that we can make the proper adjustments needed to find a way to win our fair share of games. The Shocks will respect our foes enough to properly prepare and find ways to execute a winning game plan, one game at a time.

Dave Stallworth--70

Lewis Lloyd------59
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

WU 78
                DU 64
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  WU 78
                  DU 64
                  This thread is here-by now The Official Prediction Thread because 1972Shocker led us to this important Drake game discussion, kcshocker11 has posted one of his patented fearless predictions, SB Shock and im4wsu with their all important stats to consider, and I chuckled at the road grater comment by ShockerPrez.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Road graters are especially useful and effective if the road is paved with cheddar cheese.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 24, 2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

shockers by single digits, say, seven

not that there's anything wrong with that

Comment

D+ 59
                        Just Another Super Bowl 71

Comment

Cliff Levingston 73,
                          Lewis Lloyd 55

Comment

Chadrack's goose bumps - 85
                            The geese - 55

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              Chadrack's goose bumps - 85
                              The geese - 55
                              Aka chill bumps! :)
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X