According to Jeff ******* "We are Murray State"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    If a "power conference" team had made a F4 and then went 20-0 the next year - where do you think they'd be ranked?
    Originally posted by bpwsu86 View Post
    2nd maybe?
    That would be correct, for this year so far. Actually, Syracuse is only 18-0 (we're 19-0 D-I wins).

At this point:

Wichita State: Top 100 wins - 6, Top 50 wins - 3, Top 25 wins - 1

Syracuse : Top 100 wins - 8, Top 50 wins - 5, Top 25 wins - 2

What's the problem?

Comment

Ohio State, Oregon, Wisconsin and Iowa State started the year a combined 58-0.

Since then? 0-14.

I'll let you guess how many were road games.

Comment

No question that the Valley is not doing us any favors this year. However, the analysis by *******, et.al. does not take into account that we are getting everyone's biggest and most energetic crowds (I think an arena record at MSU and the biggest crowd in a 4 years at ILS, etc) and we are getting our opponents' absolute best, pull out all the stops efforts to win. No it's not like running the gamut in a number of other conferences, but it is probably not quite as easy as some talking heads think.

However, as I said on another thread this is good. It will be helpful in the long run.

Comment

Every time I scroll past this thread it pisses me off again

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
            Since you can't figure it out, bringing up history is poignant in this case because it was essentially the same Shocker team that advanced to the Final Four last year. That lends credibility to this year's team.
            Referencing last year's team is applicable because many from this year's team were on it. I have no problem with that part, but what Fever did was reference all of Murray State's history and make a direct implication that ******* was referring to all those years in the past. Murray State's failure to do anything significant the year prior to their run is semi-relevant. Their failure to ever reach the Sweet 16 is not, and makes for a complete misrepresentation of what ******* was saying. Why is honesty so hard?

Comment

So let me get this straight. Do you take *******'s statement as some sort of compliment? As others have pointed out, it's not that hard to figure out the comparison. But go ahead and save the day again, Super Antagonist Boy.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Did you just seriously call someone an antagonist?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  Did you just seriously call someone an antagonist?
                  Seriously.

I literally think he's an antagonist.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Seriously.

I literally think he's an antagonist.
                    Literally? Or literally?
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

So to sum up what is being said: *******'s even comparison of the 2011-2012 Murray State that went 31-1 and 2013-2014 Wichita State team that is now 20-0 has a major flaw. Murray State only went to the round of 32. Where the current Shocker team is seasoned against top competition (albeit last year's F4 squad lost 2 starters that most people feel have been replaced).

Comment

Gary Parrish doesn't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

He's slowly changing his tune. Maybe by 2018 we will be off the bubble.

Comment

FYI - Murray State won by 39 tonight. Just Say 'n.

Comment

I just find it absolutely hilarious that this late into the year, with everybody bitching about our schedule, that we still have a better SOS than undefeated, 2nd-ranked, ACC-aided Syracuse.

Quite funny.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                So let me get this straight. Do you take *******'s statement as some sort of compliment? As others have pointed out, it's not that hard to figure out the comparison. But go ahead and save the day again, Super Antagonist Boy.
                                Compliment? Nope. Never said that. In fact if you actually read what I said you would already know I think the opposite. I think WSU is more proven then that Murray State team was. I think ******* is wrong, and I also think there are honest ways to criticize him, but you choose the dishonest path by criticizing him for a comparison he never made. He never made it about program histories, but you were looking for a cheap shot because you would rather throw a "zinger" based in a lie than take the time and effort to make a legitimate critique.

Comment

Working...
                                X