According to Jeff ******* "We are Murray State"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
    Somebody should have asked him who the top five teams are. We may not be #1...yet, but we damn sure deserve to be in the top 5 compared to everyone else.
    Agreed. They should also ask him if WSU is a product of their schedule, what is Syracuse? Or Ohio State... or Duke.. or North Carolina...

Coach Marshall needs to unleash the Kraken the rest of the way. Only hold back something special for the NCAA tourney...

Then we unleash giant cans of HOOP-ASS!!!
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Murray State has NEVER advanced to the Sweet 16 in their entire history.

Nice comparison, Jeff.

Goob can't even slam us correctly.
      There are plenty of honest arguments to be made against *******'s comments, such as failing to realize how much better the Shox schedule is this year compared to Murray State several years. That is the argument that I would make if I had the chance to confront *******.

However, there isn't an intellectually honest bone in your body. You trashed ******* for something he never said. He compared a single team from WSU with a single team from Murray State. His argument had nothing to do with the histories of the two schools, but as you tend to do, you made a strawman argument by putting words in his mouth. His comment wasn't about the histories of the schools at all, but that didn't stop you from making things up.

You are truly a pathological liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        However, there isn't an intellectually honest bone in your body. You trashed ******* for something he never said. He compared a single team from WSU with a single team from Murray State. His argument had nothing to do with the histories of the two schools, but as you tend to do, you made a strawman argument by putting words in his mouth. His comment wasn't about the histories of the schools at all, but that didn't stop you from making things up.

You are truly a pathological liar.
        Whatever candle you have burning here needs to be extinguished. You are borderline insufferable as of late. Seriously. Just stop. You are a warm wet blanket to every thread you post in.

Since you can't figure it out, bringing up history is poignant in this case because it was essentially the same Shocker team that advanced to the Final Four last year. That lends credibility to this year's team.

Compare that to Murray State, who just came out of nowhere, had a flash-in-the-pan season, then was gone.

It's really not that difficult to figure out.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
          Whatever candle you have burning here needs to be extinguished. You are borderline insufferable as of late. Seriously. Just stop. You are a warm wet blanket to every thread you post in.

Since you can't figure it out, bringing up history is poignant in this case because it was essentially the same Shocker team that advanced to the Final Four last year. That lends credibility to this year's team.

Compare that to Murray State, who just came out of nowhere, had a flash-in-the-pan season, then was gone.

Like Drake's freakish season not so many years ago.

What's the green dubya all about?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

NIT, won NIT, NCAA, NCAA Final Four, 20-0 and #3 this year sounds more like the next Non BCS household name not Murray State

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

I was gonna respond, but you took care of everything. Thanks for saving me the time and putting it more eloquently than I would've.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                Jeff Goddman was on the SVP show this afternoon. He was asked about Wichita State and stated that "they are not the 4 or 5th best team in the nation". He went on to say that we are a product of our schedule. We are the Murray State of a few years back. FU *******.
                Gee, I must have missed Murray State's trip to the Final Four the year before.

Bozo Alert!

Comment

If a "power conference" team had made a F4 and then went 20-0 the next year - where do you think they'd be ranked?
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The MVC is in no way the OVC. And our nonconference schedule is much more difficult.

I'm fine with people knocking our schedule strength ... it's a legitimate weakness, thanks to the Valley teams. But a comparison to Murray State is illogical.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      If a "power conference" team had made a F4 and then went 20-0 the next year - where do you think they'd be ranked?
                      Power conference teams wouldn't have the problem of a terrible SOS driven by playing Valley teams.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        2nd maybe?

Comment

What do you expect a cheap BCS whore to say?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Like Drake's freakish season not so many years ago.

What's the green dubya all about?
                            I see it next to every shocker game this year... Warshall? like Waluigi?
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                              The MVC is in no way the OVC. And our nonconference schedule is much more difficult.

I'm fine with people knocking our schedule strength ... it's a legitimate weakness, thanks to the Valley teams. But a comparison to Murray State is illogical.
                              You are comparing Murray St's 2011-12 schedule? @Memphis (26-9), St. Mary's (27-6), n S. Miss (25-9), Dayton (20-13) all wins.

Our best OOC wins in 2013-14: @ St. Louis (18-2), n BYU (13-7), Tennessee (12-6), @ Alabama ( 8-9).

You can look it up, but I'm guessing those Murray St opponents had comparable RPIs. The rest of the OOC....what does it matter. They should all be wins anyway and were for both teams.

Not defending *******, just not going to make things up as well.

Comment

It just sucks because we dont get a chance to prove ourselves for another 2 months...

We just need to sit tight and let it stew.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X