Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am Tyrone Shoelace and I KNOW basketball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am Tyrone Shoelace and I KNOW basketball.

I apologize for my long absence, but due to my patented move, the cross-over dribble (which I invented back in the early 70’s) I was no longer able to hustle the local YMCA and school yard ballers. I even shaved my fro and grew a fu Manchu in order to disguise myself, but the first time I busted out the famous cross-over dribble I heard someone from across the gym yell, “It’s Shoelace!!” My cover was blown. So in order to maintain my income steam I had to move on to greener pastures.

Well for now, I am back, and after last night’s game at Mo St, I felt the time was right for me to make a brief stop by the Shockernet. Why you may ask? Well pretty simple. We won last night because of one person, Freddie V. To be more specific, because of his ability to get to the basket in clutch times. What enables him to do so with such great ease? You guessed it, the cross-over dribble (which I invented back in the early 70’s). Now although Freddie V has not yet perfected the stab step, rubber neck juke, explosive cross-over which leaves a defender with a soiled panty and badly sprained ankle, he has achieved a level 6 cross-over which at the NCAA level is pretty good. (Tyrone Shoelace is a level 10+). Nonetheless I wanted to use this forum to reach out to coach Marshall because I can help this team win the National Championship. To do that he needs not just Freddie V, but everyone on the team taking advantage of my patented move. If coach Marshall seeks my instruction I will make myself available to the team, for a nominal fee of course.
    I hope Marshall takes advantage of my offer because right now my attorney JJ is in the process of legal proceedings which could result in me, Tyrone Shoelace, being paid a fee for every time someone uses my patented move. If WSU retains my services, I will sign a waiver allowing them unlimited use of the cross-over dribble for a period of 20 years or 20,000 miles (which ever comes first).
    I am Tyrone Shoelace and I KNOW basketball. You want me on that bench. YOU NEED ME ON THAT BENCH!!
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelace; January 12, 2014, 06:06 PM.
    I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Nice return.

Comment

Never leave again.

Comment

Tyrone Shoelace!!!! All the way back from the ezboard days of Shockernet!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace View Post
          I apologize for my long absence, but due to my patented move, the cross-over dribble (which I invented back in the early 70’s) I was no longer able to hustle the local YMCA and school yard ballers. I even shaved my fro and grew a fu Manchu in order to disguise myself, but the first time I busted out the famous cross-over dribble I heard someone from across the gym yell, “It’s Shoelace!!” My cover was blown. So in order to maintain my income steam I had to move on to greener pastures.

Well for now, I am back, and after last night’s game at Mo St, I felt the time was right for me to make a brief stop by the Shockernet. Why you may ask? Well pretty simple. We won last night because of one person, Freddie V. To be more specific, because of his ability to get to the basket in clutch times. What enables him to do so with such great ease? You guessed it, the cross-over dribble (which I invented back in the early 70’s). Now although Freddie V has not yet perfected the stab step, rubber neck juke, explosive cross-over which leaves a defender with a soiled panty and badly sprained ankle, he has achieved a level 6 cross-over which at the NCAA level is pretty good. (Tyrone Shoelace is a level 10+). Nonetheless I wanted to use this forum to reach out to coach Marshall because I can help this team win the National Championship. To do that he needs not just Freddie V, but everyone on the team taking advantage of my patented move. If coach Marshall seeks my instruction I will make myself available to the team, for a nominal fee of course.
          I hope Marshall takes advantage of my offer because right now my attorney JJ is in the process of legal proceedings which could result in me, Tyrone Shoelace, being paid a fee for every time someone uses my patented move. If WSU retains my services, I will sign a waiver allowing them unlimited use of the cross-over dribble for a period of 20 years or 20,000 miles (which ever comes first).
          I am Tyrone Shoelace and I KNOW basketball. You want me on that bench. YOU NEED ME ON THAT BENCH!!
          Welcome back Shoelace!!! Long time not talk. Wasn't that patented prediction of yours always 82-78 and Duke Tshomba comes off the bench and scores 21? I still am forever grateful for you saving my bacon from the Preacher Porkchop over on the other board baybay. Who's betta, FVV or Duke Tshomba?
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Duke Tshomba!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Mankind's greatest speeches, as compiled by Good News his ownself:

1. Lincoln's Second Inaugural - "A House Divided"
              2. Shakespeare's funeral speech in Julius Caesar - "Friends, Romans, Countrymen"
              3. Tyrone Shoelace's two paragraph description of eating some bad chili and "Floating air biscuits" during a game

Welcome back, T!

Comment

FSF my brutha!! You da man!
                Who betta, Freddie V or Dr. J?
                Good News, I believe it was Taco Shop nuclear burritos that caused the Air Biscuit episode. And if memory serves me correctly the entire Levitt Arena was torn apart and remodeled into Koch arena shortly after. Not sure if one thing has anything to do with the other, but I am quite certain that particular seat was not re-used. In fact it was probably disposed of somewhere in a Nevada desert.
                I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

The 'lace' is back!

He is famous for the crossover dribble, but as Good News pointed out, Tyrone also made the "floater in the lane" a patented move.

Comment

All is right with the world now.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace View Post

BOOM!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Best day ever
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

MoSt got kicked square in the grapes. (That can be quite painful)

Comment

Welcome back-dedicated to Da Lace
                            Last edited by kcshocker11; January 13, 2014, 07:23 PM.
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                              Welcome back-decated to Da Lace
                              That's funny, we were singing this while we watching the Mo. State game.

Comment

Working...
                              X