No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Bradley Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I know that GM laughs it off and probably most of the SN but I would tell RB to do nothing
    but rest until Saturday. I would suit him for Bradley and let him join the pregame shoot around
    but would not start him or play him at all unless really needed. We win by 23 with him and maybe
    16 without him. Isn't that worth resting his ankle a week, plus, it gives some more minutes to
    experiment with Green, NW, KC and EW.

Comment

"Ten Little Indians" poem - 53
      "Wichita Vortex Sutra" poem - 89

* CORRECTION - I forgot Bradley changed their mascot this year.

"Gargoyle" by Carl Sandburg - 53
      "Wichita Vortex Sutra" by Allen Ginsberg - 89
      Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 13, 2014, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Dave Stallworth 73
        Chet Walker 62

Comment

I previously posted not to overlook or take Mo St for granted as they were a very up and down team. EVERY team from here on out is going to try to be the one that shoves us from the unbeaten ranks. They probably figure that their season is not going to be anything spectacular so why not get the Shockers as a notch on the belt. It may be the highlight of their season. If we come out flat again ......

Comment

We just have to get used to getting every teams best shot. No pressure on them so they play loose. The big boys that we despise have had to do this for years. We take everyones best shot and prevail.
            Last edited by pogo; January 13, 2014, 04:15 PM.

Comment

The team just lost a big fan in little Andrew and I think they come out firing and blow the doors off of Bradley! Rip Andrew and go shox!
              I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

I thought Bradley would be more improved under Geno by this point.

Shox 74
                Braves 56

Comment

From Bradley message board....really is it that hard to get Rob Barker's name right?

Bradley (6-11, 1-3) play at Wichita State (16-0, 3-0) on Tuesday, January 14, at 7:00 PM. Wichita State plays at Missouri Saturday night.
                  Wichita State is now ranked 6th in the country. They are lead by MVC Preseason POY Cleanthony Early, and have 4 starters (Cleanthony Early, Ron Brown, Fred VanVleet, and Tekele Cotton) averaging in double figures, and they all shoot the three well. All 4 average about 30 minutes a game. Their 5 position is shared by Kadeem Coleby, Chadrack Lufile, and Darius Carter. And the only other bench players that get significant playing time are Nick Wiggins and Evan Wessel.
                  One oddity is that sophomore Evan Wessel, who was their best three point shooter last year at 46% has not shot the ball well this season coming back from his injury. He is 0-14 on the season so far.

Comment

For some reason...I haven't really got Evan being a Shocker. Not to be too negative....but I've never seen anything from him. Perhaps coach will be allowed to give him more minutes at home Valley games to see if he can be in the mix. He just looks to me as being too "uptight" out there.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      For some reason...I haven't really got Evan being a Shocker. Not to be too negative....but I've never seen anything from him. Perhaps coach will be allowed to give him more minutes at home Valley games to see if he can be in the mix. He just looks to me as being too "uptight" out there.
                      We don't beat VCU or start out 9-0 without him last year, so there's that.

He's definitely lost his confidence in his shot this year, almost like Cotton did early last year (although he was battling injuries as well). That said, I think Evan's defense has been amazing, even when we've slid him to power forward and he's having to guard guys bigger than him. I think he'll be fine.

Comment

He made a hell of a defensive play on the out-of-bounds call that was reversed with some 6.7 seconds remaining. Had MOST retained that possession, I don't think we'd be enjoying the aftermath quite so much.Thanks,Evan!
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

WU 84
                          BU 64
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                            From Bradley message board....really is it that hard to get Rob Barker's name right?

Bradley (6-11, 1-3) play at Wichita State (16-0, 3-0) on Tuesday, January 14, at 7:00 PM. Wichita State plays at Missouri Saturday night.
                            Wichita State is now ranked 6th in the country. They are lead by MVC Preseason POY Cleanthony Early, and have 4 starters (Cleanthony Early, Ron Brown, Fred VanVleet, and Tekele Cotton) averaging in double figures, and they all shoot the three well. All 4 average about 30 minutes a game. Their 5 position is shared by Kadeem Coleby, Chadrack Lufile, and Darius Carter. And the only other bench players that get significant playing time are Nick Wiggins and Evan Wessel.
                            One oddity is that sophomore Evan Wessel, who was their best three point shooter last year at 46% has not shot the ball well this season coming back from his injury. He is 0-14 on the season so far.
                            Yeah, Ron Brown had a pretty decent game at Missouri on Saturday, but I think Ron Baker had a better one at Missouri State.

Comment

The Shocks learned their lesson from the Missouri State game and will take the first half off. FVV will finally catch the series finale of Breaking Bad. Baker will finally get some time to respond to his German penpal. Cle will get another hour to study for his Chemistry test. Cotton will work on perfecting his blueberry muffin recipe. And Lufile and Carter will help paint the high-up, hard to reach spots in their friend's condo. Etc.

By halftime, it will be Bradley, 103; Shockers, 0.

Shockers bring it to within 80 at the 10 minute mark, then come back to win it all, 123 to 130. Bank on it.

Because there is nothing this team cannot F--KING do.
                              Last edited by rjl; January 13, 2014, 02:05 PM.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Just a note on Wessel, he is 0-14 from 3-pt line, but 9-12 inside the arc.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X