Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which recruit are you most excited about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like gal for no other reason that he is a lightning rod. People seem to love him or hate him.

I have days where it is both :O

Comment

Gal is a great player. He is 3rd on the team in points and will be our (if returns) returning leader in points. He is also number one on the team in assists. I hope the kid stays because the kid is just getting better and better and I think Marshall has big plans for the kid.
      Shocker Forever!!

Comment

It will really hurt if Gal doesn't return next year.

On the topic of the post, it's Garrett for me. He has the tools, that if developed will make him a very dominating player. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it could and that's exciting.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
          It will really hurt if Gal doesn't return next year.
          That's my thinking also. Gal is a good player plus more importantly Gal is a leader and this team is going to need leaders.

Comment

Gal has learned. He's made mistakes, but he has gotten better, seasoned more, and he hits some good shots, and some good assists. I want him back, and he wants to win, and the next 2 years we will be in a position to do that.

Comment

Gal

On Gal, he seems to do especially well in clutch situations late in games. There were a couple of times I can recall earlier in the season when he took it to the basket in the last few sec's and missed the shot. He got blamed for that, but one has to wonder about his teammates around him possibly being out of position, too. In one case, it seemed like there were 2 of them right beside him at the end showing poor spacing. They all about ran into each other. He had to make an instant decision or it was too late.

But, in the Indiana State game near the end, Gal had been missing 3's most of the game. With the game on the line in the last 1-2 minutes, he had a 3 opportunity, but passed it up, dribbled in a little closer & made a 2. Of course, what can you say about the OT loss to N Iowa? He made a 3 to tie in regulation time with 5 sec's left & then hit at least 2 3's in the OT session when WSU was once down by 8 pts. All this after he had not been making 3's earlier in the game.

Comment

He has the right idea in the end of the game. But unfortunately he hasnt come through and/or his end didnt justify his means.

Comment

Re: Gal

Originally posted by xazshox
                  On Gal, he seems to do especially well in clutch situations late in games.
                  Gal Mekel, now 3-46 shooting in clutch situations, with 12 charges.

Comment

Gal has good size and strength and plays hard if not always smart...but he is a step slow...not a great athlete...would be a really good Division II player....but we will need his experience at both guard positions next year. Plus he is only a Soph and if he learns to play within his limitations could end up being better than I give him credit for...The Div II part may be a little harsh

Comment

• I think Coach has taken a different approach addressing Gal in the media, strictly to address people like Cdizzle and Overtime...they strictly don't understand what he has overcome. Yes, he makes mistakes. But I also have seen Matt and PJ turn the ball over needlessly many times this year. He has the toughness to want the ball and to try to take the shot when the game is on the line. Other than Matt, who else does? And, with all the respect in the world, don't say PJ. You know it isn't true.

By addressing him as an in-between guard, one that they are not sure which way he will continue to develop, he is hopefully lowering the unreal expectations and pressure that many fans have put on him.

He is in his second year, in a new country, playing a different kind of ball, under his second coach in two years. Does some of his mistakes baffle me? Yes!!! But he is learning and improving each and every game.

Get off his back and give him some support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime
                        Gal has good size and strength and plays hard if not always smart...but he is a step slow...not a great athlete...would be a really good Division II player....but we will need his experience at both guard positions next year. Plus he is only a Soph and if he learns to play within his limitations could end up being better than I give him credit for...The Div II part may be a little harsh
                        Maybe just a little! 8)
                        SFL is back!

Comment

Working...
                        X