No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just listened to the interview; meh. Seemed like radio guys trying to make something out of nothing; trying to "stir the pot" to get people fired up to listen. Didn't work for me, but I suspect they know their audience (KU). I won't listen to them again unless my radio breaks and gets stuck there...:courage:

Comment

• GARY PARRISH just posted

"Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Getting national attention. Pensacola, FL newspaper, Pensacola News Journal, re-prints a USA Today article about the possibility of the Shockers going undefeated.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarpBros View Post
          Took 19 games, but he's finally tucking the tail between the legs. Good article though. A little late, but good.

Too bad this doesn't reflect in his CBS rankings.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by HarpBros View Post
            Good read. In the comments he explains the nuance to putting WSU 9th. Agree or disagree, it's at least reasonable.

I loved this little exchange in the comments:

Joe horn?
            40 minutes ago
            Garbage article -- why is everyone so enamored of a team who has played no one and will not play anyone all year? Both Tennessee and 'Bama are legitimately bad teams and who is good on their schedule? Drake? Mizzou St.? Nope.I believe in earning accolades and as long as hacks like you keep pimping this squad, the more I understand its all smoke and mirrors. I'll be checking back when they lose in the 2nd round.

FlagShareLikeReply
            Gary Parrish
            37 minutes ago
            You're exactly the type of dumb fan I referenced in the column.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Good read. In the comments he explains the nuance to putting WSU 9th. Agree or disagree, it's at least reasonable.

You beat me to it, Royal. That's a hilarious retort by Parrish. Little surprised he's engaging the trash that typically populates media comments sections, but it is solid gold nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Owned.

Comment

• Katz interview of Early:

In ESPN The Magazine's Music Issue, Andy Katz writes that nothing about Cleanthony Early is conventional. Not his name, not his road to Wichita State and not his decision to stick around for his senior season.

Comment

• Pretty sure this team has had more complimentary, nationally circulated articles than the rest of our seasons combined. Technology obviously plays a huge role since ESPN.com etc. were non-existent fifty years ago, but man, this has been so awesome.

We could not buy this level of positive publicity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      We could not buy this level of positive publicity.
                      Sure we could. We did. It costs roughly $1.75M/yr. Pretty good ROI.

Comment

• Loved the bit about FVV in the AAU game and during which he demonstrates the size of his cojones:

Then VanVleet turned around.
                        "He looked at me and said, 'Doc, I'm ending this damn game,'" Cornell said with a laugh. "And I said, 'Well, if you've got the nuts to do it, go ahead and take the shot.'"
                        VanVleet took the shot.
                        "It was a 3-pointer from the volleyball line," Cornell said. "All bottoms."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

If he really chose WSU over SDSU because of "too much temptation" then you have to tip your hat to Cle's maturity. How many college age students choose to avoid the temptiations at a school like that and willingly choose to come to the midwest instead. He certainly seems to have his head in the right place. I really want to see him go on to have a successful NBA career.
                          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Mike Kennedy was just on a local NW Arkansas sports radio show talking Shocker basketball for about 15 minutes. Very cool to hear that much Wichita State talk in SEC country. I have also heard brief positive mentions on other local shows in the past couple weeks.

Comment

Terrific interview. Good job by Andy and great job by Cle.

Comment

Very, very impressive. What maturity. I think that deserved its own thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X