No announcement yet.

Brady Fired at LSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please dont shoot me for speaking my mind. This is what shockernet is for, to speak our minds about things we dont really know. But I have to say I am not sure we want Marshall back next year. The reason I say this is we look worse as the year goes on. I was under the impression that we would be a running team and I am yet to see it. We dont have a inbounds play at all, we dont look like we have an offence. Like I said dont be mad at me, just correct me please, this has takin a long time to say it but i am not sure about our future with him. I do love the guy and he is a genuine guy and he is honest. Please be nice to me, just having bad thoughts.
    Transitition years are hard on everybody. Everybody's trying to get to know each other and it takes time to build a new team. For P.J, Matt, and Phil, I'm sure it was especially hard for them because Mark was their only coach for 3 three years and then Mark left and Coach came along with a scheme on out to do things, to relearn everything from scratch. By this time next year, I'm sure you'll embrace him more.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      I understand and I think most people feel essentially the same way after last year. It's natural to be gunshy and besides, in this world, you really can't say "never". I can't...you can't.....none of us reasonably can expect our coach to say that......it's just common sense.
      :good:

I hope all this coaching mumbo-jumbo.. is just that.. mumbo-jumbo in a month or two from now.

As a human being, it will still linger in the back of my mind however, until he gives us a better feeling other than the 'statement' he released earlier last month.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm not going to shoot you, but I will certainly disagree with the thought that Shockernet is a place where we speak our minds on "things we dont really know." I would hope that your opinion, if offered, would be based on facts. With whatever respect is due, your opinion does not appear to be so based. Your impression that we would be a running team must not have been based on anything that Marshall has said or done in the past. His teams at Winthrop were not run and gun teams. They run off turnovers and walk it up off makes, just as we are. He has said dozens of times that his teams are built on defense and rebounding.

We have at least two dozen inbounds plays.

As I've probably posted here on a hundred occasions, you are entitled to your opinion, though I can hardly imagine one with which I disagree more. It's too bad your opinion isn't based on something more than a misimpression and a mistake.

You don't happen to write for the Sunflower, do you?
        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by lilshock
          Please dont shoot me for speaking my mind. This is what shockernet is for, to speak our minds about things we dont really know. But I have to say I am not sure we want Marshall back next year. The reason I say this is we look worse as the year goes on. I was under the impression that we would be a running team and I am yet to see it. We dont have a inbounds play at all, we dont look like we have an offence. Like I said dont be mad at me, just correct me please, this has takin a long time to say it but i am not sure about our future with him. I do love the guy and he is a genuine guy and he is honest. Please be nice to me, just having bad thoughts. :( :posterwu:
          Turgeon's first team wore down mid-season and looked worse in the 2nd-half than the first half. On Jan. 11 they went on a 11-game losing streak, only winning two games after that point. As he recruited "his" players, things got better.

As for a running team, Marshall never said that. Other people did. What he did say is that he wants to pressure more on defense to create turnovers out front that lead to fast-break baskets. But we don't have the defenders (athletes) to do that.

And with the offense, Marshall doesn't have the players he usually has to run it. I suspect next year may not look much better in that regard, but in two years I think it will begin to look well-executed.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            [The ones who are willing to say don't know (although they might have indirect knowledge - in which case they might prefer to say nothing) and the ones who know will not say anything. As for myself, I know nothing and I'll say nothing. So you can trust me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
            :clap:

Exactly. That's why everytime I see one of the goonies give us the line 'I have inside info.. or I know.. or coach and I talked..", I take it with a grain of salt.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              you should be shot
              Pot calling the kettle black?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by lilshock
                Please dont shoot me for speaking my mind. This is what shockernet is for, to speak our minds about things we dont really know. But I have to say I am not sure we want Marshall back next year. The reason I say this is we look worse as the year goes on. I was under the impression that we would be a running team and I am yet to see it. We dont have a inbounds play at all, we dont look like we have an offence. Like I said dont be mad at me, just correct me please, this has takin a long time to say it but i am not sure about our future with him. I do love the guy and he is a genuine guy and he is honest. Please be nice to me, just having bad thoughts. :( :posterwu:
                Ryan is that really you.
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  you should be shot
                  <cough, cough>

:whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    you should be shot
                    <cough, cough>

:whistle:
                    Ok.. you can shoot me too, but on one condition..

the goonies go first.. :yes:
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      I'm staying here. I will not jump ship and head to LSU boards or USC boards or any others. I'm committed to ShockerNet and the faithful here in Wichita and all around the world.
                      I'm not worried!
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219
                        How about Bob Knight to LSU? The timing of all of this seems odd.

Vast, right wing conspiracy.

Comment

I will now go and shoot myself. I hope you guys are right about next two years. I have black and gold in my blood and allways will. I will be there tom night and will be screeming like I do. My seat number is... no way!!! Any way thanx for the positive feedback wsu789. lol :shock:
                          " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                            Originally posted by SubGod22
                            I'm staying here. I will not jump ship and head to LSU boards or USC boards or any others. I'm committed to ShockerNet and the faithful here in Wichita and all around the world.
                            I'm not worried!
                            Neither am I! :good:
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Why would HCGM leave?
                              Give one good reason besides money and South Carolina.

He's already had a few bumps adjusting to Wichita's media market. Imagine the jump to an SEC team. In that division, they FOIA you to death. He already has recruits coming for next year that he loves, and who probably won't follow him if he jumps ship. He loves the atmosphere here. Also, HCGM is not a Nick Saban. He's a Les Miles.

Guys like ShockerFever can worry their little heads off. OMG! Schaus might fire Marshall for Bobby Knight!! O NOES!! I'm amazed one of the worry warts here isn't wetting their pants over that.

Grow up. Marshall will stay. If you doubt it, go and meet the guy. He's an honest man. Heck, just listen to him give a radio interview. As for myself, I won't be worried until Roy Williams says he's retiring and recommends Marshall to North Carolina and the Tar Heels come on their knees begging Marshall to come...
                              Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                              Students > Alumni
                              If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                              The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Hey, any time you need a little positive reinforcement for your opinions, lilshock, you just call on me! Happy to help!
                                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Working...
                                X