Brady Fired at LSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Rembember guys, at least 5 passes before we shoot! And then we'll run the ol' picket fence on 'em!

:goshocks:
    Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
      Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      Rembember guys, at least 5 passes before we shoot! And then we'll run the ol' picket fence on 'em!

:goshocks:
      Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
      Absolutely! One of the all-time basic fundamentals of basketball.

:D

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
        Another SEC coach, Dennis Felton at Georgia is in trouble with his 11-9 team.

Felton is the first guy I thought of when I read the comment about "2 SEC coaches already" earlier in this thread.

But, I don't think Georgia will fire Felton this year. He's only in his 5th or 6th season and the program was in pretty bad shape when he got there, I think. He's had some bad luck this year with injuries and other things as well.

Comment

I dunno, as bad as this Shocker team is, I wouldn't blame Marshall for going somewhere else. lol. but in all seriousness, nobody can really say whether or not he will stay or go, and there is no point worrying about it until after the season, when other teams come after him. And anybody that thinks they "know 100% that he is staying" really has no clue whatsoever. On another note, Brady took LSU to the final four 2 years ago, and now he's out of a job. I guess that just shows you how important winning is in college and pro sports these days, it's kinda sad really

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
            I guess that just shows you how important winning is in college and pro sports these days, it's kinda sad really
            Yeah they should all hold hands and buy each other ice cream. Then when their done with that the athletes can get lathered up in oil and give each other back massages and eat double stuffed oreos until eli mannings face explodes. God forbid somebody wins thats whats wrong with america
            IF YOU WIN A GAME AL QUAEDA WIN YOU HEAR ME THE TERRORISTS WILL WIN!!

Comment

I will be asst. coach and we will let gal dribble for an hour and ahalf then shoot a shot that makes no sense a all. then we will not even get a shot off when the end of the game or half ends. then we will encourage all of our players to shoot 74 threes andnot make 4 of them. I am going to get shot again for this but I am frustrated.
              " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

If you guys are the coaches, can I be the DoBO?
                Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                Students > Alumni
                If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                  If you guys are the coaches, can I be the DoBO?
                  Sorry, DoFo is DoBo!

Comment

I really like Marshal and am excited about next years recruits....But to outside observers does a coach who has his team tied for last place look that attractive as a major hire?...That's why I'm worrying less.

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime
                      I really like Marshal and am excited about next years recruits....But to outside observers does a coach who has his team tied for last place look that attractive as a major hire?...That's why I'm worrying less.
                      I would say that's a very good point. But if there's one school that may be able to do it and have it accepted by the fan base it might be USC. However, I'm not now, nor have I ever been too worried about that possibility.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

A lot of people made the same comment about Turgeon last year--no one will hire him because we tanked in the second half of the year.

In some ways, I think last years collapse made it more likely the coach would leave. One bad year might be bad circumstances, injuries, etc., but two bad years might mean trouble...so a coach might want to get out after one bad year.

I talked to Turgeon last year in st. louis about leaving for the then vacant Arkansas job. His comment: "Nobody would want me..."
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

All eyes on Grant

Comment

Unfortunately, we are going to have this same ulcer growing discussion about our BB coach leaving (whoever he or she may be) whenever we have a consistent, successful program.

The BCS schools will always come looking into the ranks of the non-BCS schools for a coach who will bring them a winning program with their big bucks and associated perks (money, TV, easier recruiting, scheduling, etc.).

There is only one way to stop it. We've got to become a BCS school. And the only way we can ever be a BCS school is to join a BCS conference. And the only way we can ever hope to join a BCS conference is to play Div 1 football. And the only way this will happen in Wichita is for the sky to fall in.

So, just sit back, relax, avoid the ulcers, and live with the fact that whenever we have a successful coach, the BCS schools will come courting. Probably not this year, but it's only a matter of time. Hopefully, it will be a number of years.

Comment

Working...
                            X