No announcement yet.

Shocks vs. ORU pregame thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking forward to seeing the shockers after a week of practice and normalcy.

Shockers 96
    Oral 67
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      I'm looking forward to seeing the shockers after a week of practice and normalcy.

Shockers 96
      Oral 67
      With a packed house, rowdy crowd who have been jonesing bad for some Shocker hoops, and everything that goes along with it. I do have a question though for you local folks. What is the best post-game watering hole in Wichita for us 40somethings to go to? We've tried the ole knife an gun club (old own), there's got to be something else.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti View Post
        With a packed house, rowdy crowd who have been jonesing bad for some Shocker hoops, and everything that goes along with it. I do have a question though for you local folks. What is the best post-game watering hole in Wichita for us 40somethings to go to? We've tried the ole knife an gun club (old own), there's got to be something else.
        River city brewery, old Chicago in Old Town are good.

Comment

Here's an off-the-beaten path idea. There is a place in the College Hill-Clifton Square area called Ziggy's Pizza that is run by some people I know. Great Shockers fans! They have pizza, sandwiches, and things like that. They also do have a full bar with different kinds of beers and many other adult beverage options. They are open until 11 PM on Saturdays, so you wouldn't necessarily have a whole lot of time once you get there after the game, especially if the game runs long, but you could still have a decent amount of time to toast and celebrate a Shocker victory. Good pre-game spot too.
          78-65

Comment

i can't ever remember wichita state blowing out an oru team, except for maybe when cliff and ac were sophomores (dec 1980).

tekele "tko" cotton- 71
            gary "cat" johnson- 59

Comment

I tried Deano's at 21st and Webb (where Louie's used to be and the same shopping center as Tad's Locker Room) and it was very nice - great remodel, lots of TVs, and good food. I've heard some friends say that The Hill at Douglas and Oliver is a nice new place as well.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                I tried Deano's at 21st and Webb (where Louie's used to be and the same shopping center as Tad's Locker Room) and it was very nice - great remodel, lots of TVs, and good food. I've heard some friends say that The Hill at Douglas and Oliver is a nice new place as well.
                I would second the recommendation of both Deano's and The Hill.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  I would second the recommendation of both Deano's and The Hill.
                  do you know how late the hill is open?

Comment

i expect Rob Brown to get double teamed due to his current scoring streak, which will open up the floor for FVV. Cle will continue to get attention. Watch far a big game from Fred and Cotton, with one of our bigs having a breakout game.

Comment

I don't live in Wichita and have never gone to a Wichita bar after a Shox game, but anytime I'm there my friends always want to go to Larry buds at 21st and Woodlawn. Not too far from the campus and I know they're all shocker fans there
                      I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                      If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Deano's isn't far from the hotel we always stay at.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          do you know how late the hill is open?
                          2 am
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            2 am
                            hmm.. i live right by there, but i've never once been to the hill.

don't underestimate oru, shockers.

Comment

I doubt the shockers or the coach will underestimate oru. The crowd will be there regardless. Those on this board will be underestimating every oponent, however, except maybe tennessee and alabama.

Comment

@CBTonNBC: Oral Roberts headed back to the Summit League in 2014 http://wp.me/p1aWjM-20qg
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X