No announcement yet.

Shocks vs SLU Pre-game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astute! We are so bad at the three they probably shouldn't even bother guarding the perimeter. Go with that strategy. Please.

Comment

Another good challenge for our team.

Cleo Littleton 73,
      Dick Boushka 62

Comment

I'll be there with 4.
        Professional gas passer.

Comment

Two here

Comment

Here's the deal. The Wikipedia describes a Billiken as 'a charm doll with short arms, elephant like with pointed ears, a mischievous smile, a tuft of hair on it's pointed head, usually sitting with legs stretched out in front of him.'

Their team is solid and will probably Dance again this very Season. I caught a glimpse of them on the tube today and can say this will be a very tough road game to win. Look for Cle to have his best game of this Early Season thus-far and lead us to a nail-biting win.

Valley of the Dolls--61

Valley Of Death----65
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              Here's the deal. The Wikipedia describes a Billiken as 'a charm doll with short arms, elephant like with pointed ears, a mischievous smile, a tuft of hair on it's pointed head, usually sitting with legs stretched out in front of him.'
              Why didn't they just say a charm doll that looks like Kyle Weems?

Shox 74
              Slu 64
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think we continue our double digit win streak

Shox 74
                Billikens 62

Comment

Well, we won going away against BYU, but I think this one is different. I see us getting a lead and hanging on to it.

Shox -- 83
                  Billies -- 67

Comment

stlouis

Shocks do well on national t.v, we pull away late in first half, start out hot in second half....hang on in St. louie 79-66

Comment

I didn't get the chance to watch St. Louis yet. So I don't know where to gauge them in relation to BYU (tough opponents). Since it's at their house, I'll say this is our first single digit win.

Shox - 78
                      Billikens - 70

Comment

Cle or Cleo, we win!

Comment

Shox -- 65

Bills -- 62
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

For those of you driving home from STL on Sunday late afternoon, I just want to give you a friendly reminder to be sure to take 470 around KC rather than 435. If you hit the 435-70 interchange around 6:30-7:00, you'll be in for a massive traffic jam from people leaving the Chiefs-Broncos game. Just helpin' y'all out.
                            78-65

Comment

Wichita State at Saint Louis
                              John Rothstein

One thing I've learned through the first few weeks of the season? The Shockers back court is being underrated nationally. Wichita State has a steady point guard in Fred VanVleet, a capable scoring wing in Ron Baker, and a "Glue Guy" in Tekele Cotton, but they aren't mentioned among some of the better perimeters in college basketball. Gregg Marshall's team grinded their way back against BYU earlier this week and they'll need a similar effort on the road against the Billikens. The guy to keep an eye on for Saint Louis? Central Michigan transfer Austin McBroom. The Billikens' offense seems like it has better continuity when he's on the floor alongside veterans Mike McCall Jr. and Jordair Jett.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The two SLU games I've watched this year have been really, really ugly. They are an effective team who gets after it on defense, but their perimeter shooting is mediocre and the Billikens really miss Mitchell's ability to slash to the hoop. His absence has probably hurt Jett the most.

Their big men are serviceable but not outstanding (a slight step down from BYU's Mika).

SLU also likes to pack it in on their halfcourt D and make you beat them from the outside. We might be taking a lot of 3s in this one. To channel John Madden, if we make enough of them then we will win.

Comment

Working...
                                X