Shocks vs SLU Pre-game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs SLU Pre-game Thread

Well, it is a long holiday and the Shocks will have some momentum heading into the game against SLU. I believe the Shocks will be ready and willing to walk in the Lou with the target on their backs.

Go Shocks!!!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

WU 84
    Slu 79
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

You can watch SLU playing on CBS College Sports right now.

Comment

Nm
        Professional gas passer.

Comment

Realtime RPI at 6:30 Wednesday has WSU up to #40, projected record 28-2 with losses at #95 St.Louis and #79 Alabama. Strangely they project out MVC record at 18-1, which obviously means 18-0 since the 2 losses are accounted for.

Using Power Rating, we're #20, SLU #24 and Alabama #54.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

N/M...

Posting complication due to trying to post from a phone.
            Last edited by SHOCKvalue; November 27, 2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Realtime RPI at 6:30 Wednesday has WSU up to #40, projected record 28-2 with losses at #95 St.Louis and #79 Alabama. Strangely they project out MVC record at 18-1, which obviously means 18-0 since the 2 losses are accounted for.

Using Power Rating, we're #20, SLU #24 and Alabama #54.
              Based on what I am watching right, I think we can take Alabama.
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Alabama lost to Oklahoma in the Dallas tripleheader that DIDN"T include WSU, and they've won three since then (although Duke may be about to end that streak).

At the point WSU arrives, their fans will either be thinking about the BCS championship game and a possible threepeat, or still trying to figure out what went wrong as they make plans to attend a lesser bowl game. Basketball will be an afterthought -- too bad, because they have quite a stretch of games: home against WSU, then four days later at home against Xavier, and a week after that at UCLA.

Right now I'm more concerned about St. Louis than about Alabama, notwithstanding the conference affiliation.

Comment

I know this is a holiday weekend so a lot of people will not be able to go to the St Louis game, but if you are able I would like to encourage as many Shocker fans as possible to go to St Louis. If you're willing to get up early, you can even make the trip in one day and with a noon start time return home by a reasonable time. I just checked their website and it looks like tickets are still available.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/saint-lo...004B4994616488

Go Shockers!
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    I know this is a holiday weekend so a lot of people will not be able to go to the St Louis game, but if you are able I would like to encourage as many Shocker fans as possible to go to St Louis. If you're willing to get up early, you can even make the trip in one day and with a noon start time return home by a reasonable time. I just checked their website and it looks like tickets are still available.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/saint-lo...004B4994616488

Go Shockers!
                    There will be 3 of us making the trip.

Comment

6 of us shockers will be in section 118

Comment

STL comments on game so far is:

WSU is not a very good 3pt shooting team
                        Need a good crew to stop the intimidation of WSU and hit FT

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

They probably mean a "good"officiating crew to stop our intimidation

Comment

We sound very scary...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Glad they think that we can't shoot the 3. Baker .405, FVV .500, and Cotton .353. Wiggins has been off his 3 game this year, but shot .419 last year. Early is serviceable from 3, but he needs to be much more selective. Too many other better options from the 3. He (.555) and Wiggins (.591) have combined inside the arc for 38-67 or .567. Both can do a lot more offensively than the 3.

Agree with the "good" crew. If they're bad and make a bunch of assumptions, it might help St. Lou. We play intimidation D with our feet, positioning, and high energy, not grabbing and pushing.

Comment

Working...
                              X