No announcement yet.

And so it begins.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made the comment last night that the 2nd half perfomance was as pathetic as it gets. I still stick by that. That doesn't mean I've in ANY way given up on HCGM. I still believe he will in time, get us where we want, but not with the current players. The current state of Shockers basketball started last year, shortly after we were ranked #8. After a couple of losses, anytime they made a couple of mistakes and the oppossing team started to make a run, the team got that mindset of "Oh No, here we go again" instead of buckling down and playing tougher and smarter. They got that mindset of trying not to lose, that losing teams have instead of playing to win. Rightly, you can say that HCGM hasn't been able to correct it, but neither could MT. That's two really good coachs that were unable to change the players mindset. Unfortunately the longer it goes on, the more momentum it gains. We saw that last night. At this point I don't think Vince Lambardi could get this team to believe in themselves.

I still think HCGM was a great hire but Shocker fans are going to have to have a ton of patience.

Comment

Interesting also to see who was the only team that trailed WSU in those 2001 MVC standings you posted, Royal. Not Drake, not Evansville, not Indiana State, but Northern Iowa.

We may have to think back a while, especially to get past the memory of that last second shot that put them in the tournament and un"lock"ed the Shocks, but they actually used to be pretty bad.

Comment

Anyways to add more from our Sweet Sixteen run:

I remember loving this "song" and thinking about how awesome it was: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lUiL5pQYZKY

Comment

I feel like I need to start a thread that says "In this thread, post if you still just enjoy the game."

Comment

Working...
          X