And so it begins.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Won't the true measure of how much melt down we have will be the number of empty seats in our remaining 3 home games.

The thing is, that all 3 are winnable games - Indiana State, Southern Illinois and Evansville. Not that wins at this point a terribly important.

But I do think it is important that the team, Coachies and fans finish the year off with as much pride and class as we can show.

We've toughed it out this far, we can hang in their for a few more games.

Something tells me HCGM or perhaps one of the Seniors will get the team's attention and not let the kind of effort we saw in the second half at Evansville stand.

Let's get that taste our of our systems beginning Satuday and then just for the fun of it we can close out the regular season with an upset of the mighty Drake Bulldogs.

Basketball IQ is important, but right now what this team needs even more is Basketball I-Do and the hometown fans can be a big help with that.

:goshocks:
    Yeah.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
      Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
      What does our Sweet 16 run have to do with anything regarding this season. Don't get me wrong, I loved the run the Shox did that year, but it is kind of sad when we as fans have to get all nostalgic on one good year. Prior to the 2005-2006 season, the Shox hadn't made the NCAA's in what? - 20 years, hadn't been ranked either. Sure, sprinkle in some NIT showings but that's like kissing your sister.

The point is, this program should be doing a whole hell of a lot better and being last in the Valley is just plain disgusting. We are a member of a Top 8 Conference nationally, we have great fans and pretty much sell the joint out every home game, we have great facilities and we can pay to get top notch coaches to run the program. And what have we got to show for all that? One NCAA appearance in 20 years.

We've got better fans, support, and facilities than over half the teams in the MVC and to see us last is just gut-wrenching. Fortunately, the Shox are going through a rebuilding season during a stretch where the MVC is down and were able to get wins against LSU and Wyoming who have had similar years as us. If not for that, this team would probably already be at the 20 loss point.

Until we become a perennial Top 50 program year-in-and-year-out, our little Sweet 16 run will be chalked up as a flash in the pan fluke. This year, I'm giving the Shox a pass and that's why I have pretty much been tight lipped the entire season. I feel GM will get this turned around next season, and two years from now, watch out!

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
        dammit bringing tears back to my eyes again
        Need a kleenex?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm a Shocker Damn it!!!!

put that on a T shirt and wear it....

(

great T shirt for the tourney in my opinion)

we gotta nothin to lose this ...ty to enjoy the team and be excited about the future.....
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
            I'm a Shocker Damn it!!!!

put that on a T shirt and wear it....

I would definitely wear that one.

Comment

Here is another great example of Shocker Awesomness from the past!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                Originally posted by newshock1234
                dammit bringing tears back to my eyes again
                Need a kleenex?
                yea you got one?
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I don't think I've heard anyone in what I would call meltdown mode. I have yet to hear anyone on this board call for Marshall's head. Most people still think he's the guy. You can put me firmly in that camp. He has a long way to go in how deals with the media. Sometimes, I think he could use some of that Turgeon cryptology.

There is no doubt in my mind that his frankness regarding the limitations of this team has sunk in with the players. If your coach was explaining away every loss with knocks against the talent, that might make you less inclined to give your all in what is fast becoming a throwaway season.

Coach will get his players in here and be successful. You don't luck into the kind of success he had at Winthrop. It's unfortunate that this year's team, the fans and most importantly, I, have had to suffer through this transition.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Bring on baseball season!

Comment

I am a Shocker and have been a Shocker since the late 1960's. We survived the really down years and we will make it thru this year also. I do admit that I couldn't watch the 2nd half last night. It was just too painful but I will be at the Valley Tourney supporting my team. Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose

If you've got 10 minutes available... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOe0wcIgQ1M
                        Thanks for sharing. That's a nice reminder that we need to enjoy the ride when good things are happening and not take them for granted.

Comment

Ahhh yes---the Creighton OT win and the Tennessee win!!! Seemed like yesterday. Can't get enough of that. We WILL BE back, and nobody but NOBODY is going to stop us!!! How long? The sooner the better-- but look for a nice "about face" next Season and a "forward March Madness" the following one. I can feel this in my ole bones!!!!!!!
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Great video. I was certainly moved watching it...

I will never forget the time we all went and packed out the airport to celebrate their arrival. It was storybook material.

Now I'm depressed as hell...

T

...8)

Comment

Watching those videos was very bittersweet.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It's like takin a train to Happytown - woo hoo !!
                                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                                - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                                X