And so it begins.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martymoose
    So what, we suck this year. I'm able to handle this today, thanks to my trip to Greensboro 2 years ago :clap: ...I satified my need for the Shockers to make some noise on the national scene, but it's not going to last much longer I can handle a down year....we all should have known something like this might happen. Oh well, life goes on, there are more important things in life to worry about than whether or not a bad WSU team wins games. We have a lot of injuries, hopfully all the players get well and our new guys pan out next year. I can't wait to see AJ Hawkins in a game! I'm looking forward to Baseball season now more than ever as I'm sure many Shocker fans are in order to get the bad taste from a losing season out of our mouths. I'm still going to all the home games and I'll still make the St. Louis trip to support our team.

:goshocks:
    Preach on Marty!! The Shocks trip (and mine) to Greensboro and D.C. heck I even made the trip to Vegas when the collapse started, all of this has solidifed my commitment to the Shocks.

It will be interesting to see how many butts are in the seats Saturday. I know of at least two, cheering "let's go Shocks!!!!" :clap:

Go Shocks!!!!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Comment

Good times DSB, good times...
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Is it sad that I've been watching those Sweet Sixteen videos on Youtube lately due to nostalgia?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown

Post of the young year!

Comment

I think the thing to remember is that we made it that far, and that was just the tip of what this program is capable of.

Coach Marshall has PROVEN his ability to build a program. He will continue to build this one. It won't happen overnight like Drake did, but Keno was left a GREAT group of players that underachieved last year.

Our team has overachieved at times this season. We tend to forget that. We anticipated PJ and possible PT as 1st and 2nd team all conference with MB as at least HM. We anticipated Mantas doing what he showed glimpses of the 2 games right before he got hurt the whole season. We anticipated everyone being healthy all year.

Things that definitely went our way that year didn't this year. It happens. But they have played thier hearts almost every night. But if you have ever played on a team that gave it's all night in and night out and still couldn't taste victory, it becomes harder and harder to maintain that level.

Lets get behind them and show our support for the effort they have put into this season. Agree or disagree with rotations or defenses or offenses, the players deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
                Is it sad that I've been watching those Sweet Sixteen videos on Youtube lately due to nostalgia?
                I hope not because I've been doing the same thing.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Can I borrow that for my signature? :whistle:
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

What great memories... 30 seconds after that popped up I was booking my flight to Greensboro...then my flight to DC a week later.

If you've got 10 minutes available... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOe0wcIgQ1M

Comment

I was watching that Seton Hall game a few days ago... brings back great memories. That team was truly special, and it's after years like this that it's brought into focus just how special they were.

We'll get back there, and I still think sooner rather than later. Marshall's the man to get us there, and I can't wait to see it happen.

Doc was right, we'll see who the real fans are. The ones who aren't true fans will quit coming and dig their KSU and KU clothes out of the closet and jump on that bandwagon again.

Let's give Matt a great ovation when he comes into the game on Saturday. Let's show him how happy we all are to see him able to play basketball again!

Comment

That was simply SWEET! :good:
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

dammit bringing tears back to my eyes again
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

then to make the 2006 season even more sweet

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Won't the true measure of how much melt down we have will be the number of empty seats in our remaining 3 home games.

The thing is, that all 3 are winnable games - Indiana State, Southern Illinois and Evansville. Not that wins at this point a terribly important.

But I do think it is important that the team, Coachies and fans finish the year off with as much pride and class as we can show.

We've toughed it out this far, we can hang in their for a few more games.

Something tells me HCGM or perhaps one of the Seniors will get the team's attention and not let the kind of effort we saw in the second half at Evansville stand.

Let's get that taste our of our systems beginning Satuday and then just for the fun of it we can close out the regular season with an upset of the mighty Drake Bulldogs.

Basketball IQ is important, but right now what this team needs even more is Basketball I-Do and the hometown fans can be a big help with that.

:goshocks:

Comment

What does our Sweet 16 run have to do with anything regarding this season. Don't get me wrong, I loved the run the Shox did that year, but it is kind of sad when we as fans have to get all nostalgic on one good year. Prior to the 2005-2006 season, the Shox hadn't made the NCAA's in what? - 20 years, hadn't been ranked either. Sure, sprinkle in some NIT showings but that's like kissing your sister.

The point is, this program should be doing a whole hell of a lot better and being last in the Valley is just plain disgusting. We are a member of a Top 8 Conference nationally, we have great fans and pretty much sell the joint out every home game, we have great facilities and we can pay to get top notch coaches to run the program. And what have we got to show for all that? One NCAA appearance in 20 years.

We've got better fans, support, and facilities than over half the teams in the MVC and to see us last is just gut-wrenching. Fortunately, the Shox are going through a rebuilding season during a stretch where the MVC is down and were able to get wins against LSU and Wyoming who have had similar years as us. If not for that, this team would probably already be at the 20 loss point.

Until we become a perennial Top 50 program year-in-and-year-out, our little Sweet 16 run will be chalked up as a flash in the pan fluke. This year, I'm giving the Shox a pass and that's why I have pretty much been tight lipped the entire season. I feel GM will get this turned around next season, and two years from now, watch out!

Comment

Working...
                                X