Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU VS. BYU predictions and pregame discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    BYU will jack up a lot of 3's which means long rebounds and probably a lot of 2nd chance shots. Defensively, they have to decide who to key on. Depaul decided to key in on Fred, which opened the floor for Ron, Cle and Tekele. I don't think they have an answer for our 4 headed beast. If they do, we bring in Wiggins, Wessel and tag team down low. I hope this turns to a run and gun because it will only help us.
    Fortunately our guards are very good rebounders, if this turns into a long bomb clang fest.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Your biggest mistake is having Cox in the first place.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

BYU will be a quality win if we get it. They are dangerous. I think our boys will be amped up to bring home another trophy. They also know the Top 10 is within reach.

BYU 80
        #12 WSU 87
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          The funny thing is that on the high def channel there is audio but no video, but on the low def channel there is no audio and a running timer with the words "no video input". Also, on the high def channels when it gets to commercials, there is video, but then it blacks out once it goes back to the game.
          Then it's definitely a network issue.

Comment

ESPN2 is back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Then it's definitely a network issue.
              I have U-Verse and everything is coming in fine and dandy over here.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Your biggest mistake is having Cox in the first place.
                I hate it, but I was tired of missing all the games only on Cox 22.

Comment

Unfortnately this footbal game on before the Shox may not get over til midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    Just one prediction for me: Ron Baker and Tekele Cotton will have more rebounds than our posts. Long threes from BYU = plenty of chance for our guards to get a lot of rebounds, and there is no other reason I would be concerned about our post rebounding. Right? No reason?
                    Think there is a big misconception re Byu and the trey. They don't shoot more 3's than most teams, what they do is jack up the first reasonable shot they get trey or not. They remind me more of the old Loyola Marymount teams under westhead. If the shot clock gets to 20 in any of their possessions it s a victory for the defense. Both teams go over 90 tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                      I hate it, but I was tired of missing all the games only on Cox 22.
                      I hear ya. It's annoying as hell but ultimately I can still get to a TV that does have it or a firstrow internet feed. It's so worth it than dealing with that sham of a cable company.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rico View Post
                        Unfortnately this footbal game on before the Shox may not get over til midnight.
                        ESPN has been good about getting it over to ESPN News in big games that are starting and being interrupted. I assume a title game of a tournament involving the 12th-ranked team in the country and another quality team would be considered "big" so look there if it doesn't finish.

Also, it'll likely be on ESPN3 if you don't have ESPN News.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not to go all comparative score, but texas is putting a WSU type beat down on DePaul

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                            Think there is a big misconception re Byu and the trey. They don't shoot more 3's than most teams, what they do is jack up the first reasonable shot they get trey or not. They remind me more of the old Loyola Marymount teams under westhead. If the shot clock gets to 20 in any of their possessions it s a victory for the defense. Both teams go over 90 tonight.
                            BYU is just learning, but your analogy is correct. The direction of the offense to take the first good shot. However, by being a young team, many believe what is really a bad shot to be a good shot. This team is evolving.

Given the insights of your great coach, I imagine your team will compensate. In any event, it is likely to be an entertaining game from your perspective. It should be a growth game from BYU's perspective. I don't expect a win, but always hope for one. BYU needs to tighten its defense, which thus far has been poor. However, BYU has been good at attacking the basket, and is good in transition. Nonetheless, this game will challenge BYU, and if I were a betting man, I'd take the Shockers. A pleasure to play your team though.
                            Last edited by Zanderland; November 26, 2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I have U-Verse and everything is coming in fine and dandy over here.
                              Yeah I should have been more clear ... network/provider problem. As opposed to a problem only at his house or area.

Comment

Good luck Shockers. Let the contest begin and the clash be epic. Molon labe!

Comment

Working...
                                X