Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU VS. BYU predictions and pregame discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BYU had great outside shooting. They are thin on the inside. When their big starter goes out the size goes quite small. They hustle after the ball and will be a interesting matchup.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Boys who wear "Magical Underwear" = 79
      Magical Magician Marshall = 101

Comment

ATTENTION ALL FANS AND STUDENTS STILL IN WICHITA: get you butts up here and let's pack this place! That is all.

Comment

Haws and Carlino played 37 and 34 minutes respectively last night......wear them down.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I'm going with the likes of people who think this will be a high scoring game. BYU is good, but the Shockers play angry.

Shockers - 94
            BYU - 86

Comment

@GottliebShow: BYU vs Wichita State - one team plays defense, the other is #BYU - take the #Shockers
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

WSU a 3.5 point favorite.

Comment

We cover

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    I'm going to keep doing this until it doesn't work:

Shox -- 92
                    Cougs -- 90
                    I'm with you. Every time I predict a 30 point blowout, we stomp somebody by about 23, so I better not change anything.

WSU - 97
                    BYU - 67

Comment

@ShockerPhi:

WSU-94
                      BYU -83

Cotton in double digits for the third straight game!

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
                        It'll be interesting to see how we do against their zone.
                        Originally posted by Speed View Post
                        Wiggins, Baker & Fred break the zone. Early gets the ball inside & makes 3's of his own. The Shox can guard short possessions.
                        Black 80
                        Blue 71
                        Porous zone. Byu gives up 80.1 points per game. WSU gives up 59.6. After the first five games, WSU ranked 11th in scoring defense. BYU ranked 305th.

Also:

BYU averages 44.2 rebounds per game to WSU's 39.3, but only because BYU jacks up alot more shots than WSU and has a lower shooting percentage than WSU, which results in a higher number of rebounds. WSU ranks 45th in rebound margin at 8.6 per game. BYU ranks 66th with a margin of 6.8.

WSU averages 5.1 blocks per game. BYU aveages 3.5.

WSU averages 8.1 steals per game. BYU averages 7.6.

WSU averages 19.0 fouls per game BYU averages 19.6

WSU averages 9.3 turnovers per game. BYU averages 10.1.

WSU ranks 9th in turnover margin at 7.0. BYU ranks 29th with a nargin of 4.8.

WSU has 108 three point attempts. BYU only has 89.

So, WSU is a better shooting team. A better rebounding team. A better shot blocking team. A better stealing team. A lower fouling team. And a lower turnover team.

BYU has a higher assist average and takes more foul shots than WSU. That combined with their lower number of 3 point attempts leads me to believe the BYU guards like to drive the lane and dish it off or get fouled.

All the Shocks have to do is keep doin what their doin. Take care of the ball, box out, and play defense with their feet (no, not Carmaichael style). Do that, and it's a win. Do it not, Longshanks wins.

NO SWEAT!

GOOD GUYS - 82
                        BAD GUYS - 77
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

WSU 80.1 -- BYU 59.6 -- Shox by 20.5

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                            Porous zone. Byu gives up 80.1 points per game. WSU gives up 59.6. After the first five games, WSU ranked 11th in scoring defense. BYU ranked 305th.

Also:

BYU averages 44.2 rebounds per game to WSU's 39.3, but only because BYU jacks up alot more shots than WSU and has a lower shooting percentage than WSU, which results in a higher number of rebounds. WSU ranks 45th in rebound margin at 8.6 per game. BYU ranks 66th with a margin of 6.8.

So, WSU is a better shooting team. A better rebounding team. A better shot blocking team. A better stealing team. A lower fouling team. And a lower turnover team.

BYU has a higher assist average and takes more foul shots than WSU. That combined with their lower number of 3 point attempts leads me to believe the BYU guards like to drive the lane and dish it off or get fouled.

All the Shocks have to do is keep doin what their doin. Take care of the ball, box out, and play defense with their feet (no, not Carmaichael style). Do that, and it's a win. Do it not, Longshanks wins.

NO SWEAT!

GOOD GUYS - 82
                            BAD GUYS - 77
                            A very informative post. Thank you for relaying the research.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post

Also:

NO SWEAT!

GOOD GUYS - 82
                              BAD GUYS - 77
                              Thanks for the rundown. I do think that if you are going to extrapolate rebounding, you probably should do the same thing on turnovers. Given the pace of game they play, BYU does not turn the ball over much. Probably in large part because they get a shot up before they have a chance to turn it over.

Comment

Wushock-94
                                Brigham Youngsters-87

Is this going to be on ESPN3 online? I am unlucky enough not to get ESPN normally.
                                And is it at 6:30 or 9?
                                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X