Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU VS. BYU predictions and pregame discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VS. BYU predictions and pregame discussions.

Here's the deal. Whew!!! I'm still as wound up as a base drum. BYU likes the up-tempo as seen in their win over Texas. So let it roll Shocks!!! We find a way to curdle the game plans of our foes like a spoiled quart of milk changes the plans on partaking in Captain Crunch. Since I am a man of few words and it is way past my bed-time on a work night, I will hit the hay, but hey, hey, hey, we will win by 7. Now this fearless prediction makes this the Official Prediction thred.

Shocks 79

BYU---72
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Plus 5 for the Shocks.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how we do against their zone.

Comment

It's gonna be Haws turn to cry when Cotton puts the clamps on him.

Comment

BYU had to shoot 83% from 3pt range (10-12) to beat TU by 4. I have been dreading this game for two weeks, and not that I have seen BYU in action, I still think this is a TOUGH game for the Shox. Carlino and Haws are every bit as dangerous as Baker/VanVleet. Not sure who their answer is for Cotton though.

I am going to go with a 6 point win for the Shox.

I don't think BYU can hit 80% of the 3s two nights in a row.

Biggest risk for the Shox is foul trouble for our big men..
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
            It's gonna be Haws turn to cry when Cotton puts the clamps on him.
            "Mr. Hawes... he should have an interesting night."
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

First, that guy with the eye issue played tonight, so we'll see him tomorrow. I was not terribly impressed with BYU's big men down low. We're definitely more athletic and something we might try to take advantage of. Assuming Coleby can stay out of foul trouble which appears to be hard for him. Cotton shutting down Hawes is a must. They'll want to run, it will be interesting to see which team plays the other team's game.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                First, that guy with the eye issue played tonight, so we'll see him tomorrow. I was not terribly impressed with BYU's big men down low. We're definitely more athletic and something we might try to take advantage of. Assuming Coleby can stay out of foul trouble which appears to be hard for him. Cotton shutting down Haws is a must. They'll want to run, it will be interesting to see which team plays the other team's game.
                Agreed. Cotton and company did an incredible job on Cleveland Melvin tonight. They will have to at least slow down Haws and Carlino tomorrow. A tough task, but we are up to it. We also have Evan and yes, even Nick, who I think can help put the clamps down on these guys. I predict a 5 point win, but I would love to see us beat these guys by 10 or more. That would send a huge statement to the basketball world.

The Shox are ready to go...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Wiggins, Baker & Fred break the zone. Early gets the ball inside & makes 3's of his own. The Shox can guard short possessions.
                  Black 80
                  Blue 71
                  Phi Alpha

Comment

I have us by 10, close first halve with each team making runs, we lead by 5 at half get up by as much as 15 they cut it to 6 we put it away with back to back 3s

Comment

Whatever the line, I'm taking WSU to cover.

Comment

Wu 86
                        BYU 78
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Shockers win 89-81

Comment

I think BY had a tougher go last night. Perhaps the Shocker depth and energy will take over in the 2nd half. Close early, but I think the Shox win by 10ish.

Shox 87
                            BYU 76
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

LDS- 93
                              Sinners- 96

One of these teams has a shot at triple digits tonite.

Comment

Working...
                              X