No announcement yet.

Offical Tulsa game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At some point, maybe sooner than later, I expect C.J. will be the starter.

Last night I watched the first half again. Kadeem did not make a single effective box out and #40 was pushing him around as if he was a rag doll. In my view, Kadeem just does not have a nose for the ball. I hope I am all mixed up and wrong.

There is not going to be anyone shoving Chadrack around.

I must admit that C.J. put up one of the wildest looking hook shots from mid-paint that I have seen in awhile. That baby look like a missile.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
      Lufile played his tail off this game. He had a post move that reminded me of Carl Hall midway thru the 2nd half. With his back to the basket he dribbled left then spun to his right - layed it in with an "and 1" - then sunk the free throw.

Wiggins shot wasn't falling but he played "hair on fire" defense the first half

Lufile and Wiggins have made major steps since last season.
      Wiggins defense is much better but he still has a ways to go. If he isn't scoring, he has trouble helping the Shockers win. Right now he's the opposite of a fill up the stat sheet kind of guy. He's got 0 offensive rebounds, 8 defensive rebounds, 0 assists, 1 block and 1 steal for the entire season. Some guys get that in one game.

Comment

• I said it after the Tulsa game and I'll say it agin, I liked what I saw from Wessel at the 4. He may be a couple inches too short but he makes up with desire and a nose for the ball. If our big guys don't want to rebound, put Wessel in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I said it after the Tulsa game and I'll say it agin, I liked what I saw from Wessel at the 4. He may be a couple inches too short but he makes up with desire and a nose for the ball. If our big guys don't want to rebound, put Wessel in there.
          I agree, but don't see him playing the 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            It might not hurt anything.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              It might not hurt anything.
              What about the opposing 5 man?

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
                2 Favorite moments from the game in the 2nd half. WSU shooting free throws in front of the WSU bench. (trying really hard not to say "we") Lufile has his hand raised to come out and he is GASSED. The look on his face was one of absolute exhaustion. He was trying to get someone to see him and Marshall kind of gave him a palms up shrug. Lufile looks down and then looks back at Marshall, waves him off and says "I got this." Couple more times up and down the court and it gets to the official time out. EVERY ONE of the other guys in the game immediately came to Lufile and gave him big love as he tried to get to a seat to get a blow. Same goes for the guys on the bench. Marsall had a huge grin on his face as he's looking at Lufile and gave him big love as well. If you didn't recognize the effort that Lufile had to give there, you need to watch the tape again. MUCH respect for that young man.

Other moment was the follow dunk by Tekele. The reaction by our crowd was great, but the reaction by most of the students in the Tulsa crowd was just as good. Most of them had their hands over their mouths with the same "ohhhhh" that our group just let out.

Nice to have an opponent within driving distance that sees the value in a non-con game with us.
                I would have loved to have seen that, but the feed I was watching on the site of questionable repute looked like a game re-enactment with Legos.

Comment

• It was entertaining to see the Tulsa faithful cheering "We want Shaq" towards the end of the game. Gotta show love to a fellow Okie.
                  ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                  www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                    Wiggins defense is much better but he still has a ways to go. If he isn't scoring, he has trouble helping the Shockers win. Right now he's the opposite of a fill up the stat sheet kind of guy. He's got 0 offensive rebounds, 8 defensive rebounds, 0 assists, 1 block and 1 steal for the entire season. Some guys get that in one game.
                    Let's compare fill up the stats:

Wiggins..15.6 mpg, 7.4 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 TO, .429 FG%, .625 FT%, 10-16 FT, 7 PF
                    Wessel...16.4 mpg, 2.0 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks, 2 TO, .385 FG%, .000 FT%, 0-0 FT , 13 PF
                    Carter....14.0 mpg, 6.0 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 TO , .333 FG%, .611 FT%, 11-18 FT , 10 PF

I guess I could find plus and minus stats on each player. Of course, there's also those things that don't show up on a stat sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Let's compare fill up the stats:

Wiggins..15.6 mpg, 7.4 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 TO, .429 FG%, .625 FT%, 10-16 FT, 7 PF
                      Wessel...16.4 mpg, 2.0 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks, 2 TO, .385 FG%, .000 FT%, 0-0 FT , 13 PF
                      Carter....14.0 mpg, 6.0 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 TO , .333 FG%, .611 FT%, 11-18 FT , 10 PF

I guess I could find plus and minus stats on each player. Of course, there's also those things that don't show up on a stat sheet.
                      I haven't really been happy with Wessel or Carter's play this year either. Wessel was much better last year and I'm hoping this is just rust that he's showing so far. Last night was the first good game he's played this year. It took Carter 3 games to realize he doesn't have to shoot every time he gets the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Early and Weasel played together yesterday for several minutes. I do not know who was playing 4 and/or 5. ObviouslyOne of the two.

Comment

• Wessel is the same player as last year but he hit his 3 ball shots last year and not this year.

Comment

• What has he taken, 3 shots from behind the line?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              What has he taken, 3 shots from behind the line?
                              0-5

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                                0-5
                                Thanks. At one three point attempt per game I'm not sure the sample size is large enough to call it a slump but he's definitely not forcing anything. Rebound, defend, hustle - he brings that every game (at least when he's not stuck on the bench with cheap fouls).

Comment

Working...
                                X