• Originally posted by RipEmUpShox View Post
    Tenn St. scored 71 points against us. Nuff Said
    TX-Arlington scored 76 on #4 Kentucky
    North Dakota scored 85 on #12 Wisconsin
    West Carolina scored 83 on #18 Oregon
    Grambling State scored 71 on #17 Marquette

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
      Remember, Vegas is calling us only a 5 point favorite in this game. People who make a healthy living setting lines via statistical analysis don't expect us to win this game by much, if we even do.
      +1

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        Yep. It's all about game pace, which can be affected more by offensive philosophy than defense. How many points TSU scored has to be put into context with how many points WSU scored and TSU's FG% and offensive rebounds. I don't have the box score handy but if their FG% and offensive rebounds were solid, that could be a red flag for our defense.

Comment

• Some of you guys are really acting like total dicks, and this thread has turned into nothing other than clinical proof of the power of crowd dynamics and the total and utter lack of individual critical thinking skills produced by such.

We've been a flaky team so far this year. To argue otherwise is inane. If we had somehow not hit the go button in the second half yesterday and ended up losing, then this thread would be the mirror image of itself today. The bandwagon of the naysayers would be overloaded with flamers proudly pointing out incorrect assumptions of the "sunshine pumpers." Ironically, they would probably be the same freaking posters, just on the "right" side of reality for that given point in time. Thankfully, that loss didn't happen, but if you think what I just described would not have taken place then I have a sweet bridge to sell you.

The performance of the Shocks this year has proven jack ****, save a for a few streaky periods. Until we get some semblance of consistency we are 50/50 for each game moving forward until we outgrow our "November-ness."

And to think I'm normally on the side of the "sunshine pumpers."
          Last edited by SHOCKvalue; November 21, 2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            you missed

Valparaiso scored 92 on Evansville

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
              Some of you guys are really acting like total dicks, and this thread has turned into nothing other than clinical proof of the power of crowd dynamics and the total and utter lack of individual critical thinking skills produced by such.

We've been a flaky team so far this year. To argue otherwise is inane. If we had somehow not hit the go button in the second half yesterday and ended up losing, then this thread would be the mirror image of itself today. The bandwagon of the naysayers would be overloaded with flamers proudly pointing out incorrect assumptions of the "sunshine pumpers." Ironically, they would probably be the same freaking posters, just on the "right" side of reality for that given point in time. Thankfully, that loss didn't happen, but if you think what I just described would not have taken place then I have a sweet bridge to sell you.

The performance of the Shocks this year has proven jack ****, save a for a few streaky periods. Until we get some semblance of consistency we are 50/50 for each game moving forward until we outgrow our "November-ness."

And to think I'm normally on the side of the "sunshine pumpers."
              The only problem is you can't just take away those "few streaky periods." They happened. When you play all the teams on your schedule even except for a "streaky period" that involves putting up a 20-pt spread, you win a lot of games and become ranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                you missed

Valparaiso scored 92 on Evansville
                That adds credence to his post by golly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  0 for 3.
                  I'm 5 for 5. All wins baby. And when I'm 6 for 6 come Monday, PM me, I will let you know where I'm sitting, I will buy you a beer to celebrate our victory over DePaul.

Comment

• Did someone miss the point that we won by over 20 points?

Comment

• Like all fans, I see plenty of needed improvement. The biggest factor some have mentioned, but we tend to underestimate, is the Shocks playing as the marked man. I had the pleasure of being around a dominant football team. You would be suprised how many inferior teams could hang around for a couple of quarters, then bam, the boat race was on. I always credited this to the higher emotion, focus, and usually novel games plans by these opponents. Throw in a couple of mistakes and the game is close. Quality teams simply wear out their opponents mentally as the game progresses. Would I like to see the Shockers start better, absolutely,but I see them learning how to win as prohibitive favorites. Will they stumble? Of course...but I will take my team against anyone, because they are MY TEAM, and I think they can beat anyone on a given night.

Thanks Shocks for some great distraction from the challenges of life. I would love to be in KC this week, but will be with my father who has dementia issues and will be watching online or on TV. 5-0 and they haven't scratched the surface down low. Give 'em Hell Shockers!
                      Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• 2 sets of 2 tix for Monday in kc, $20 per tix! I can meet up with you there! All tix in 100 level

Comment

• We are acting spoiled. We weren't perfect against Tulsa, but we won a ROAD game against a young team with players who are our athletic equals. Tulsa will become a competitive team either this year or next. CJ had a nice game when Kadeem had major foul trouble. Our bigs had 30 of our 40 (including Wessell because he played mainly a 4) rebounds. There is room for further improvements but this is a nice improvement over last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Yep. It's all about game pace, which can be affected more by offensive philosophy than defense. How many points TSU scored has to be put into context with how many points WSU scored and TSU's FG% and offensive rebounds. I don't have the box score handy but if their FG% and offensive rebounds were solid, that could be a red flag for our defense.
                            Yeah, for example Faith Baptist Bible College put up 104 points on Grinnell College. But Grinnell put up 179 on Faith Baptist Bible College. :)
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              November basketball people. VERY few teams playing good for 40 mins. MOST teams are playing at least 1 crappy half per game right now. Just the way it is. The important thing is to keep "learning" while you win. Just keep working and getting better.

Sure wish these guys would stop letting the final four go to their heads......#rollseyes #sarcasm
                              +1

Comment

• I agree with some of the previous posters. We go to a final four and somehow we are all now coaching experts? FFS! We are 5-0 with our players learning every day! We as fans need to handle our stuff better and enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X