Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by GoShox117
    Wait a second, weren't you the one bitching about this thread? Now you see that people want to post in it and you want to contribute? Doesn't make much sense to me. But let's settle it at this, people on this board can post where they want, me and you are cool, and keep contributing.
    I was pissy and frustrated. I apologize. We'll leave it at that.

Yes, we're cool.
    Don't POST ANGRY :-x ,, It takes all My willpower lately not too :goshocks:
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

This kinda stuff needs to end quickly. I hope these last 3 weeks of February go by quickly. And it's truly sad Matt, Phil, and PJ have to endure this bs. It's sad though that the effort just seems to be so lacking.

I hope the Marshall era doesn't keep this pattern of blowing big leads on the road. It's ridiculous. Just let it end. Quickly.
      Unfortunately Phil and PJ have alot to do with what has happened. PJ didn't do much until a few games ago. And there obviously was absolutely no senior leadership on the floor when Matt was out, or stuff like this wouldn't be happening.

I too hope that blowing leads isn't something we see much more of. IIRC, didn't we blow some leads last year during the conference season as well?

Comment

I noticed some leadership out of Matt last night, but nada from Phil or PJ.
        And where was PJ on the offensive end? He is one of our best scorers, and we need his points every game.

Comment

Wait a second, weren't you the one bitching about this thread? Now you see that people want to post in it and you want to contribute? Doesn't make much sense to me. But let's settle it at this, people on this board can post where they want, me and you are cool, and keep contributing.

Yes, we're cool.
          Now thats what I'm talking about. Good to see folks being mature about things around here. Props...

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s

Yes, we're cool.
            Now thats what I'm talking about. Good to see folks being mature about things around here. Props...
            :good: :clap: :good: :yahoo: :clap: :clap: :clap: 8)

Comment

I can easily admit when I'm in the wrong. GoShox brought up some valid points. I was in a 'mood' after the game last night, and should have refrained from posting period.

It's just so frustrating to see how good this team can play and then watch 12 point leads tank in about 5 minutes. It's also frustrating to see Matt come in to play with a majority of guys who don't care. What a way to end a career..

Maybe, by some miracle, we can become the first No.10 seed in St. Louis to win a couple of games. Just 2 wins in St. Louis would salvage this nightmare of a season. That's all I'm praying for now.. at this point.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think we all can agree with that.

Comment

Even with the best possible fit (insert Pat Knight here), IMHO it is extremely difficult for a new coach to take kids, so entrenched in the previous coaches philosophy, and get them to play and not miss a beat. There will be missteps. M & T are obviously very different coaches and the players they recruit are not the same. Looking back, Marshall was actually a more proven and less risky hire than Turgeon. Taking that several steps farther, I predict the Selection Committee will allow a WSU vs TAM first round March Madness matchup, preferably in Kansas City, and the Shox will again take it to the higher seed. Getcha popcorn ready!!!!!! :goshocks:
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by shoxilla
                    Even with the best possible fit (insert Pat Knight here), IMHO it is extremely difficult for a new coach to take kids, so entrenched in the previous coaches philosophy, and get them to play and not miss a beat. There will be missteps. M & T are obviously very different coaches and the players they recruit are not the same. Looking back, Marshall was actually a more proven and less risky hire than Turgeon. Taking that several steps farther, I predict the Selection Committee will allow a WSU vs TAM first round March Madness matchup, preferably in Kansas City, and the Shox will again take it to the higher seed. Getcha popcorn ready!!!!!! :goshocks:
                    What about Keno Davis?

Comment

I can easily admit when I'm in the wrong. GoShox brought up some valid points. I was in a 'mood' after the game last night, and should have refrained from posting period.

It's just so frustrating to see how good this team can play and then watch 12 point leads tank in about 5 minutes. It's also frustrating to see Matt come in to play with a majority of guys who don't care. What a way to end a career..

Maybe, by some miracle, we can become the first No.10 seed in St. Louis to win a couple of games. Just 2 wins in St. Louis would salvage this nightmare of a season. That's all I'm praying for now.. at this point.

Good post, SF. We've been on different wave lengths several times, but we hurt together.

Comment

I think it's easy after a big disappointment like the Evansville game for everyone to over react in the initial minutes and hours after the game. I noticed my perspective changed a little after the loss kind of 'sunk in' a bit.

You said it--we all are disappointed together (or 'hurt') despite some differences of opinion.

Comment

Double Jay, I assume you're kidding and not really comparing Keno Davis, former associate head coach and son of the previous head coach, to a coach bringing in an entirely new philosophy.
                          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                            Double Jay, I assume you're kidding and not really comparing Keno Davis, former associate head coach and son of the previous head coach, to a coach bringing in an entirely new philosophy.
                            He said "Even with the best possible fit (insert Pat Knight here)" that it is hard for one to take over for another. My point was Keno seems to be doing just fine in a similar position.

I was NOT saying the situation at Drake is the same at WSU though.

Comment

I was NOT saying the situation at Drake is the same at WSU though.
                              Entirely different. Drake has some shooters, we do not.

Yet. 8) :goshocks:

Comment

Working...
                              X