No announcement yet.

This is absolutely sickening...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm as loyal a Shocker fan as there ever was and all season I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt but after tonight's game, I'm really disappointed in their lack of effort. They ought to be ashamed and embarrased ! No one except maybe Matt was willing to step up and make an effort. If they had really wanted this game it would have been theirs!

Comment

As Bruce said late in the game "This is a team that looks like it wouldn't mind finishing last."

I can't wait to get a whole bunch of new players.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
        As Bruce said late in the game "This is a team that looks like it wouldn't mind finishing last."

I'm thinking about 6-7 new players would be about right.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO

Up until the 18 point swing, it was "I don't have to push it, it's just Evansville".

Then it was "Oh well, we lost another one".

Both attitudes should get you wind sprints until you want to die. It's not going to be a fun couple of days for the guys.

I can just hear HCGM say "You will never embarrass me or this University like that again!"
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to get our butts kicked on saturday because the guys have little to no energy left after the next few days of hell........practice.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think we've hit the point of the season where guys are waiting for something bad to happen. And when you really work that hard at it, it will happen.

Comment

I wonder if the team realizes that the saying "talk is cheap" applies to them tonight. Just last night I saw an interview with Phil and he was saying that the team needed to go out a make an effort and get things done because if they didn't Evansville would beat them. Where's was the effort to back up the talk? :( :(

Comment

This Season has been hard on us all. Tonight, not only did we not execute, lack the killer instinct during the 1st half when we could have led them by 25, but we also lacked effort and concentration. This Coach will NOT tolerate that.

It was great to see MB back and he was a bright spot during a dim game. AE may have had his best game this year. Lance Harris earned his start tonight and it proves this Coach gives every solitary player a fair shot for playing time.

The half-time report on our 4 recruits was encouraging. If EO still gets here, I could still see us still adding anoth 2-3 new players. In the meanwhile, this Coach will not allow our Shocks to mope around. He will get these Shocks to huddle and regroup, and get us fighting and executing again!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I hate to compare UE to Monmouth, but - Monmouth RPI - 293; UE RPI - 261. That's not much difference. Let's throw in UMKC - RPI - 290.

One big difference in the games with the teams I mentioned is that Simmons had a great game plan. He had more fouls to give up than WSU had. Simmons coached a very physical game with a lot of fouls.

WSU has problems putting together a lineup with the players available. WSU also has a tendency to foul. Put those together and if WSU falls into the physical play trap, then WSU is scrambling to put 5 guys on the floor that can play with anything resembling a team effort.

Get WSU into foul trouble with the limited players available and WSU ends up playing something resembling a pickup game at the Y. WSU built the lead before foul problems were an issue. Once the entire frontcourt had 2 or 3 fouls in the first half, WSU's frontcourt advantage was over.

That can pretty much swing the momentum of the game.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

what an awful game.
                      i was almost ashamed to tell people the the Shox are my favorite team...

pitiful.
                      boring.
                      dumb.

*sigh*

i can only hope they improve from this.
                      veni, vidi, vici

Comment

18 TO's to their 8!?! This team sucks and I fully expect the next prediction thread to have some realism injected into it.

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                          what an awful game.
                          i was almost ashamed to tell people the the Shox are my favorite team...

pitiful.
                          boring.
                          dumb.

*sigh*

i can only hope they improve from this.
                          i never and will never ever be ashamed that the shox are my team, win lose, ugly, or pretty. I will always be proud to be a shocker!
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                            I hate to compare UE to Monmouth, but - Monmouth RPI - 293; UE RPI - 261. That's not much difference. Let's throw in UMKC - RPI - 290.

One big difference in the games with the teams I mentioned is that Simmons had a great game plan. He had more fouls to give up than WSU had. Simmons coached a very physical game with a lot of fouls.

WSU has problems putting together a lineup with the players available. WSU also has a tendency to foul. Put those together and if WSU falls into the physical play trap, then WSU is scrambling to put 5 guys on the floor that can play with anything resembling a team effort.

Get WSU into foul trouble with the limited players available and WSU ends up playing something resembling a pickup game at the Y. WSU built the lead before foul problems were an issue. Once the entire frontcourt had 2 or 3 fouls in the first half, WSU's frontcourt advantage was over.

That can pretty much swing the momentum of the game.
                            That's a splendid analogy of the game. :good:
                            SFL is back!

Comment

After watching tonight's mess of a game this is my roster for next year:

Clevin Hannah
                              Toure Murry
                              David Kyles
                              Gal Mekel (if Gal leaves, insert WP)
                              AJ Hawkins
                              +1 Point Guard

Aaron Ellis
                              Mantas
                              Ramon Clemente
                              JT Durley
                              Orupke
                              Garrett Stutz
                              +1 Small Forward

Bret Michaels
                              Brett Burley
                              +1 Recruited walk-on
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                                After watching tonight's mess of a game this is my roster for next year:

Clevin Hannah
                                Toure Murry
                                David Kyles
                                Gal Mekel (if Gal leaves, insert WP)
                                AJ Hawkins
                                +1 Point Guard

Aaron Ellis
                                Mantas
                                Ramon Clemente
                                JT Durley
                                Orupke
                                Garrett Stutz
                                +1 Small Forward

Bret Michaels
                                Brett Burley
                                +1 Recruited walk-on
                                i hope that team looks so much more stacked then the one we have now
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X